Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 820 of 948

Yeah, it's a real bummer to spend - Page 820 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Jul, 2018 - 2:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 820

This ewer comes with 4 matching goblets. When poured into a matching goblet, it produces a thick blue mist that settles at the bottom of the goblet. Upon drinking the mist, a creature gains 1d8 temporary HP and advantage on saves versus poison and disease, both effects last for one hour. The ewer has four charges and 1d4 charges are restored at dawn.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Should we be rolling for attacks and initiative and whatnot against these chained up zombies or is this more of a cinematic event since they are all chained up?

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Don't bother with rolling. These things are just undead fish in a barrel. You'd hit them soon enough.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 820 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, from the previous magic eye scouting, assuming they have not altered the course of the water flow, how far is it underwater to the next point for air? And what traps/wards are there along the way and at that end point?

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

A decent swimmer, which most in the group can claim to be, would make it in about a minute.

As of the last scouting, there were no traps/wards along the way. There were two wards at the end. One to keep the water from flooding past that point, the other raises an alarm.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bah, nat 19 and 20 on an unused perception roll then nat 1 on Dispel Magic. That's my only one for the day sadly guys. Lawrance will have to do it if he can. I'm probably going to swap Silence for Dispel Magic next level.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 820

With that roll, I could have left it as a third level! I hate using up spell slots in this way, I only hope his own slots are depleted. And hers from all that zombification and Maurading and stuff.
Also I forgot then d8 temp points.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 9th Jul, 2018 - 5:22am

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 820

Yeah, it's a real bummer to spend slots on dispelling things. Definitely not as exciting as summoning a giant ball of fire or electric ball of death. Heck half of Perry's skills have no visual effect either. It's all mind control/charm stuff. No one else can do it though and they would probably all die without someone who could. I'll make sure Perry picks it up next level to share the suck more. Right now, it's only 1/day via the mandolin's extra spells.

On the plus side, next level as an Abjuration wizard you do become really good at it.

EDIT On a similar note I don't think it's worth upcasting Dispel Magic unless you already know the level of the spell you are dispelling like you said. Xanathar's has rules for using Arcana checks to determine the spell cast with the DC set at 10 + the level of the spell. It slows down the game a bit in Play By Post to check what the spell is before dispelling it though we could just take that to QA.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 9th Jul, 2018 - 2:40pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.