Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 83 of 948

That's about what I expected. Thank - Page 83 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 83

Did Cahleth's arrows hit in round 4? I think you got Geoffrey and he mixed up on the lip reading.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sorry, messed up there. Main post updated. Cahleth missed the commander thanks to his cover, but hit his secondary target.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:18pm

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Question: Is that fog covering inside the gate? If Poljen moves to the inside of the gate, can he engage any of them fighters there? Would there be minuses to hit, or Disadvantage, etc? The answer to this may not make any difference, but I want to make sure…

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 83 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, the fog is covering most of the gate interior, and It is disadvantage to attack someone that you can't see.

The bigger problem is the barricade. At present, you won't be able to physically get close enough to reach them with a longsword.

You can probably snag a pike or other polearm and try to impale someone with that instead.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:47pm

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hmm… man, this would be so much easier if we had an actual visual layout. How many enemy troops are left? Assuming they get past the gate, what is the layout? Streets, buildings, etc? I am looking for a fallback position for the next defense choke point. Because if I think we can keep them from breaching, awesome. But if they're coming in regardless, we need to move back, fighting that delaying action we talked about. I am worried that if we pull back, they can spread out and move down a bunch of different streets and get past us, flank us, etc.

2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

If I understand correctly, the gate is only to a small wall around the town and the fort would probably be the next logical place to fall back to (Also probably more defensible).

But also, I feel I should clarify something about the fog situation. Yes, if you cannot see your target, you have disadvantage on your attacks. However, it also applies to being attacked as in if you can not see your attacker, the attack has advantage, so it would in essence be a wash.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:46pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 83

I meant to slip this description in later on, but it won't harm anything to give it now.

The army massed before the east gate has a little over 400 individuals, you haven't yet made a major dent in it.

You guys haven't really been paying attention to them, but you'll find out soon enough. Somewhere around a hundred more hostiles are elsewhere, mostly light cavalry, they appear to be spread out patrolling outside the curtain wall.

Immediately inside the gate is a wide road with a few homes on either side. In between the first pair of houses and the wall, and across the road in between that pair, Onthar has people rushing to build barricades. They're mostly just overturned wagons braced with furniture commandeered from nearby houses, and will not last very long, but they will buy some time along with a chance to whittle down the invaders as they funnel in.

After both gate and barricades are down though, that's basically it. The town is quite open, and the enemy has enough manpower to sweep through every alley in order to surround other positions taken. The next choke point that is difficult to bypass would be at the base of the ramp up to the fort, and of course the fort itself.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:50pm

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 83

That's about what I expected. Thank you. I also have not been able to forget the cavalry we saw moving around as we began this situation. But now we know more about the immediate surroundings. I think we should follow the basic plan. Hold them here as long as we can, then as they get through the barricade, we can fall back to the improvised barricades being built, for only a round or two, then head back to the hill up to the fort, then eventually fall back inside.

400... Yikes… even Poljen knows we can't defeat them straight up. But he is determined to give the towns folk as much time as possible to get to the fort. And we only have to hold out a certain number of days for reinforcements. We've bloodied their nose a bit, and that's a start. But once we're back in the fort, we need to explore the tunnel Targul found. I am hoping we can go on a commando run at some point… oh, and one last thing. As we fall back, would we go anywhere near where the old lady and her pigeons live?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 2nd Mar, 2017 - 8:58pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.