Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 829 of 948

You and Taz are it for casting Dispel Magic. - Page 829 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jul, 2018 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 829

Also, is there any chance of someone doing the ol' Robin Hood 'single arrow cuts all of the ropes' type thing?

Are we still within 24 hours of the first encounter with Chuth such that anyone who passed the fear effect doesn't have to again this time around? (I'd actually have to go back and verify if Velon passed, but I think he may have.).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The ropes are short and thick, between 2 and 4 feet depending on the height of the captive. They're hung from a strong pair of what look like tree trunks anchored in stone at both ends. They appear too long to have gotten in here by normal means, suggesting that your opponents cheated somehow. The structure the elves are standing on is flimsier, a simple narrow platform construction.

As to cutting ropes with an arrow, an exceptional shot might get 2 or 3, after that, even if all the ropes were in a straight line, which they're not, any arrows would have lost their momentum.

And no, as mentioned before, its about a half day's travel for the castle between here and waterdeep, so the timer on that would have expired shortly before you got back.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dai, are the circles around the entrance so that we are subject to their effect, or are they not enclosing the tunnel so that the effect most likely radiates outwards, including us and the golem in the effect?
Given that a typical Glyph is third level, a dispel will remove it, so I'm thinking that disarming the Golem would be priority. Wishing Lawrance was already 10th level at this point. Also, as stated before, this information is relaying mentally to the group.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 829 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The latter would be the case with the first two circles, when they go off they're intended to affect everything in a wide area.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I gather that there is no evidence the Elemental ever broke through, either. Poor Geode, his heart wasn't in it, I guess. Lawrance should have memorized Wall of Stone.
Edit: Also, is there a point on the scaffold that could be targeted, that would release the captives or prevent them from being strangled? Perhaps shooting out a support on the part their ropes are hanging from?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 16th Jul, 2018 - 5:57pm

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So I'm a bit confused here. If Lawrance wants or needs the help dispelling the one on the golem, I can have Perry help with Bardic Inspiration if it requires a check. I don't think he does though because Glyph of Warding is third level.

So do you want Perry to make an Arcana check to try and disable one of the other ones manually? I've used up my one Dispel Magic for the day sadly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 829

If Arcana can be used to disable the Glyph, then that'd be good, but what I meant was who else can Dispel Magic in our group, as I think that should be our first offensive move. While Glyph is third, they seem to have a lot of magic at their disposal and these could be holding 4th or higher level spells, which would make them DC 14+ to dispel. I think that Arcana disarms would be a longer than one round attempt. Bardic or Guidance would help Lawrance to dispel the Golem circle, which is probably our biggest threat. Getting rid of the Glyphs would get rid of two spells at once.
Our opponents have magiced timbers in for the scaffolding, created three magic circles, manipulated the cavern to form the scaffold, some how had or acquired explosive sand for the troll-bombs, and are now hiding from us, masked by illusion or something else. If we can disarm/dispel at least the circles, that could mean they are down in magic and leave a simple physical assault to finish them. Also recall the golem will be an issue, as well, which makes for three tough opponents, not counting the trolls.
I also anticipate that the Prince has some Druidic style powers that can instantly cause the wall under the 31 captives' platform to flow, causing them to start dying. So there's that to consider as well.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 16th Jul, 2018 - 7:43pm

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2018 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 829

You and Taz are it for casting Dispel Magic. I will have Perry inspire Lawrance to try and bring down the golem trap at least since it sounds the worst.

I don't think we're actually fighting right now technically even though we have rolled initiative. If you want, I do have a funny idea with Perry that might stall for time until we actually see the dragon and her boytoy. I will have to ask the Dungeon Master though. So Dungeon Master, apparently Perry has in his bag a disguise kit and a set of clothes that are part of a costume. Would it be reasonable to say that there is some sort of mask that's part of this costume? Because if we're just handing it off to a clay golem, then I should be able to prestidigitate the color to green and hand him something just to stall, (Laugh). Either that or Perry can play the fool and pretend to be searching his bag for it for a bit while he rambles for a few seconds.

I'd like for one of our rogues to at least see if the two lovebirds are off in the side room again. It's making me uneasy that we can't see them anywhere right now.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.