Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 840 of 948

Lia, no to cutting ropes with the cube. Sorry, - Page 840 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jul, 2018 - 10:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 840

Yes, the fireball worked out well, and I hope it isn't easily recoverable by the Prince. The biggest worry I had was too many death saves on Lias part, which is why I put the Arcane Ward to absorb what it could.
As far as Prince popinjay goes, he seems to prefer teleports over invisible, otherwise Lawrance could see him anywhere in the room.
Keep plinking the dragon and every hit has a 25% chance of Pol coming back. He should still be an ape unless Perry gets hurt.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'll just roll the save here since it completely changes both my action and roleplay depending on the outcome. If Dai says it's a save, then it's a -1 modifier with advantage. If it's a check, then we can use only the first number rolled but at +1 instead.

I'm pretty sure it should be a save though initially.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If he gets to keep the ape shape, how about the Bless from Velon? It feels like a bit of a cheat to me, much as I want to keep these things. With him on a different plane of existence, how can the concentration magic be channeled to him? Dai, if you allow him to hang on to those things, short of the caster losing concentration, then I thank you deeply.

EDIT: And the 25% chance to break Chuth's Concentration… can they be overridden by Legendary Saves?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 20th Jul, 2018 - 1:47pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 840 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas, we need to help you out here a bit. Also, a question or two for Daishain…

Dai, movement aside can Velon (Or Mari, Morgaine, etc.) get to Chuth this round with the hedge wall in the way? Can we even see her to do a ranged attack?

Thomas, hoping to help with a few things so Zarra can be effective here, and not, like, die and stuff…

-I think Ky was trying to encourage you to do the whole stab and dash rogue thing by adding a Disengage Bonus Action to your post so Zarra can get away from the dragon if you are going to use melee instead of your magic bow.

-You are only adding +3 to your attack rolls. They should be at least +7 with your Proficiency(+4) and your Dexterity(+3).

-Why is your Dexterity 16? I know you took Skulker at one ASI, but what did you take at the other? Should it perhaps be 18 by now? (Another +1 for the above) . Not sure here.

-How can your damage rolls have a +0 modifier? Even with the nonmagical daggers you should be adding +3 (Or more if your Dexterity is really 18, and more for any magic weapons, which seem to be your ranged weapons only)

-Since you had asked for magical item advice in the past… if you are going to forego your magic ranged weapons and bonuses for getting personal with Chuth in melee, which is your prerogative, you should probably buy magical daggers. Lots of monsters at this level with be resistant to non magical damage.

*I think that's it for now. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help so Zarra can be effective and stay up. I guess the only kinda mean thing is just that we can't afford to heal Zarra with our resources and abilities if she goes down easily standing next to the dragon if she won't use her own rogue abilities to defend herself, like Cunning Action to Disengage.

Edit: actually, you used your BA to do your off hand attack to get the Sneak Attack in, so I'm wrong there. My bad in this instance regarding the ability to Disengage.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 20th Jul, 2018 - 2:12pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cinder, man, you really have terrible luck with dice in this place, don't you? I don't even think if your Bless rolls were added in they would help you much.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

(Laugh), oh boy, I hadn't looked yet. Oh, and your'e right, I forgot my own Bless! I also forgot Concentration on said Bless, so let's do that here, too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 840

Just to confirm - the hedge barrier is preventing us from going to the scaffold, but she is still visible, correct? It's not a visual barrier from when it was posted.
Paul, funny enough RAW has nothing about issues maintaining concentration on a spell if the target leaves your plane. In fact, it specifically mentions that there is no limitation to distance or line of sight to maintain a spell, so you could be teleported across the Realm and still have someone keep a Bless going on you. This also implies cross-planar by virtue of no limits, but Dungeon Master rules always override implications *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Jul, 2018 - 9:46pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2018 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 840

Lia, no to cutting ropes with the cube. Sorry, but the ability to slice matter like that is incredibly abusable, and that trinket is powerful as it stands.

Likewise, that's a no to maintaining a concentration spell across planar boundaries. It just doesn't make sense to be able to do so, at least not without an open gateway to allow the connection.

Concerning the hedge barrier, yes, you can see Chuth and fire at her, however the vines are thick enough to give her good cover. It would take a particularly good shot (Or something that can't miss given LOS like magic missile) to slip something through.

Anronrosby, Ascendant Step does allow you to cast Levitation without expending a spell slot, but it does not allow you to cast it as part of your movement. You will need to spend your action this round casting that instead of Eldritch Blast if you want to go airborne that way. Do you wish to keep the attack, or cast levitate?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Jul, 2018 - 10:35pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.