Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 884 of 948

In short, I will not dictate that people use - Page 884 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Aug, 2018 - 11:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 884

Hi All,

Everyone should read the last two updates on the Dice Roller page. (I'll try to link below, if they allow that.)

Source 5g

On our Main game page, there is a button that is auto selected to 'Tweak' your rolls. If you read the last two posts, you'll see that this will make it so you almost never roll a 20 (Or a 1), among other changes, some of which are left intentionally vague by the developer. I would imagine we all want to remember to deselect the 'Tweak' option every time we roll, pending Daishain's input.

Daishain, what do you think of the impact of this one our game? I imagine we all will forget to uncheck the box from time to time, or will not be inclined to study up on the effects on dice rolling this will have.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

From prior posts, the developer was talking about tweaking rolls only if there was a second 1 or 20 in the stack, not on every roll. Recall how were showing how sequences kept repeating like two or three 20s in a row. This design change is trying to correct it. I sure HOPE it's not going to re-roll every 1 or 20!
EDIT - I just re read prior posts, and it does look like there will be a min/max confirmation roll every time. Ugh. 25% chance that a critical is still a critical.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 21st Aug, 2018 - 2:56pm

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think I'm mostly going to stick to the normal roller for now. The pseudo-RNG of the PHP random module hasn't been too terrible for me. Although, if Daishain wants us to use the tweaked rolls, then I'll do that instead. I do like that Dai gets to see our rolls ahead of time. Should be a good quality of life improvement for him.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 21st Aug, 2018 - 3:27pm

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 884 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, I think everyone should stick to the normal roller, pending Dai's input, so uncheck the box each time. You don't want to all but rule out your 20 rolls!

On the off chance something goes awry at this party, wanted to state that Velon has his arcane focus, and his new attuned circlet in place of his previous cloak. (Will adjust my character sheet for that regarding AC for the Dungeon Master.) . He probably has a few pots, etc., too. Mostly he left behind the armor, hammer, shield, and heartscale.

I wonder what this circlet looks like. Will Velon look silly wearing it? (Laugh).

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Since the circlet is elven, it's probably made of vegan-friendly material like grass, tofu, and bamboo. It's also BPA free, gluten free, and contains no high fructose corn syrup.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So it looks really rustic, but hasn't actually worked a day in it's life because really it's a trust fund baby? Huh, who knew?

With regard to how it looks on Velon, yeah he'll probably have him keep it in his pocket either way, having come from Neronvain and all, as you pointed out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 884

I finally had a chance to read the thing about the dice roller using 'tweaking' on dice rolls. I totally disagree with it. If they have a problem with the random number generator, then that is what they should fix. I know I seem to get an awful lot of natural 20s, and so I might be accused of bias. But I never would use the tweaking, even if I suffered a slew of 1s. Honestly, critical failures can make for some of the best stories! And as I like to say when things go against me (Or us), it simply makes our victory that much more impressive! So unless Daishain instructs us to use the tweaking, I will not use it at all.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2018 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 884

In short, I will not dictate that people use it, or not. However, I am quite skeptical about the impact of this new feature, and would suggest the latter.

The circlet is made of silver, obviously in the elven style. It doesn't look ridiculous on Velon, particularly not since he's been spruced up a fair bit, but it was clearly intended for someone with more delicate features.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Aug, 2018 - 11:23pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.