Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 10 of 948

It would appear that divination spells and - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jan, 2017 - 11:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 10

Don't worry, it happens. Frankly, that's not the outcome I was expecting either, but the show must go on!

P.S. I think making a peace offering with that barrel might count as a chaotic evil act biggrin.gif.

P.P.S. Consider Sir Onthar to have been informed and considering the group's next move. To let people catch up and add their own input, I'll be holding off on his response for the moment.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 8:26pm

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2017 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Just want to make it clear, Sar'ai is the confrontational cold one. Brandon is the nice guy who completely understands how the luck of the roll goes *smile*.

10th Jan, 2017 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Sighs, the lack of availability made it frustrating as I was unable to make any posts so had to watch as everyone else posted. I missed all the action and wasn't even able to have Geoffroy reply to Lia.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jan, 2017 - 9:36pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Onwen's casting of prestidigitation goes through just fine

For everyone's convenience, the list of spells tried so far (A few extra not specifically mentioned before added in):

Detect Magic ritual, cast by Sarai- success
Detect Magic nonritual, cast by Ichi- failure
Detect Poison, cast by Cahleth- failure
Message, cast by Sarai- failure
Prestidigitation, cast by Ichi and Onwen- success
Guidance, cast by one of the Order's clerics-failure
Firebolt, cast by Miruvial- success.
Healing Word, cast by Lia- success
Poison Spray, cast by Sarai-success
Mage hand, cast by Sarai-success
Minor illusion, cast by Sarai-success
Augury, cast by Geoffroy-failure

Feel free to come to your own conclusions about the pattern, and to keep testing

@Thomaslee, my apologies for moving a little fast. Once again you are entirely free to backtrack a little in your next post, reply to Lia, describe your response to other happenings, and post what you do next.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Jan, 2017 - 5:03am

10th Jan, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

It's not your fault per se, by all accounts I should be lucky I can do any posting at all during work. Some days are busier than others, but the call volume is not always something that can be figured out beforehand. Honestly, for where I work, they prefer agents to not have any availability and be able to keep take calls.

If I may ask though, if it's not too much, once it cycles through everyone else about twice could you wait until I'm able to post to continue? That way I have at least a chance to reply to the important events taking place. If not, I understand and will not press the issue.

I will say I'm a little confused on which spells have worked just fine and which has not, as far as I can tell I can see no pattern, rhyme, or reason… but perhaps I'm simply not perceptive enough to figure that out at this time. I'm certain things will become clearer as time goes on. Also, what do I need to be able to roll to have Geoffroy cast the 1st level spell Cure Wounds? That is, if Lia fails in casting her spell and healing Cahleth's wounds.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jan, 2017 - 10:59pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cure wounds is 1d8+ your casting modifier. Slightly stronger than the Healing Word Lia used, but her spell has the advantage of only needing a bonus action to cast.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2017 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 10

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks, I'll see to rolling if such is needed on my next post since I was unable to do with this one. Hopefully it works, either Lia's casting or Geoffray's casting, and Cahleth's wounds are healed at least in part.

10th Jan, 2017 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

It would appear that divination spells and transmutation spells would be the ones failing, though Detect magic as a ritual seemed to work. Haven't quite cracked that enigma yet…
Thoughts?

Edit: scrap that, prestidigitation is a transmutation cantrip. I don't know again…

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 10th Jan, 2017 - 11:17pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.