Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 917 of 948

It's funny, Perry isn't really - Page 917 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 917

Well, looks like all I missed was you guys confirming the fountains are the blue path, Gknight trying to get away with casting his home brew cantrip six times in one round of combat, and that Perry is a dragonborn. Sweet.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, I wasn't going to let him get away with that one, Perry came down though so it wasn't necessary. It would've been 4 times incidentally, it can only do the primary elements.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'll do my Arcana roll here, but I think I already know what Perry is going to do here. This will just tell me the extent of meta knowledge I'm allowed to use.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 917 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, Perry and Lawrance both hit a 20, so you can pretty much assume you guys know a good deal about them both, including special abilities.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hey, I figured that we could find a repulsion element at least. Without an actual attack, it’s just role play .smile.gif.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, don't do that. You are already well aware of the amount of nonsense we have to read in this particular campaign.

You know very well that this game suffers from people not knowing the rules, rolling the wrong dice, not understanding what is going on, etc. Etc. We don't need players that do know the rules trying to stretch things, making up their own spells, trying to cast non-existant cantrips that typical require an attack action while saying it's not an attack or whatever bull you are trying to sell. No one should have had to spend time reading that post.

I remember the good old days of Dungeons & Dragons when people didn't roll any attacks or anything until the Dungeon Master signaled the good ol' "Everyone roll initiative." They were two weeks ago. Now everyone just gets all crazy and makes a million rolls and, even worse, a million assumptions about what is going on.

Dai, I think the group is trying to say we don't need you any more. Can you just give us a monster that doesn't do anything but has one billion hit points so everyone can just make the million attack rolls they are obsessed with before you go? Oh my!, I just had the epiphany that one could just write a huge HP total for a monster on a sheet of paper at home and roll D20's and damage dice until that HP is gone. Sounds sick. You all are welcome to use that idea. You're welcome.

I also just invented a spell at home that does an automatic 1,000 damage of any type I want without a roll. It's a cantrip. I'm awesome. Be jealous. I officially win at imagining things.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 24th Sep, 2018 - 2:54am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 917

I am SO tempted to have Poljen essentially shove Lawrance, Taz and Perry forward while saying, "They accept your challenge!"

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 917

It's funny, Perry isn't really supposed to be that smart. His intelligence is 11 which to be fair is better than average. He also was raised in a privileged environment with his rich parents sending him to good schools. Still, I find this aspect of his character the most challenging to balance, as I'm unsure on where I should draw the line for him. On the one hand, he's a goofball that probably didn't study hard in school, but he also isn't dumb by any means since he's still a bard who knows a lot of stories and is a master of several instruments.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.