Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 927 of 948

You know me, I'll be the bad guy when - Page 927 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 5:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 927

Creature, in Dungeons & Dragons terminology, is basically anything that isn't inanimate. A rock enchanted to roll around and squish the occaisonal toe is technically a creature. Same goes for a construct. The spell should be capable of working on it.

To learn more, you'll need to make an arcana check. Lawrance can do the same concerning his dispel.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think the clues to spells against the construct are the red globes that appear around it. I would be interested in knowing more about them but Cratol is not in a position to know anything about that.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

From observing the spells cast, Lawrance thinks that barrier around the construct is absorbing energy and repurposing it. The red orb that appeared after Lia's spell, for some reason, did not last long, blinking back out of existence in a very brief period of time. Perhaps some other condition needs to be met for it to stay.

Since Lawrance is at the very top of the initiative order, I'll go ahead and tell you this. The ice bolt likewise doesn't seem to have an effect. Again, a second red orb appears, and then quickly fades away.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 927 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Morgaine's hit points far exceed Poljen's? Not sure if rolling was involved or the standard 10 + (6x9) + (3x10) = 94 (Plus any temp HP such as from Perry).

Asking for a friend…

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm not sure. I'm glad you saw that. Her 126 hit points is almost the absolute max hit points at every level with a +3 bonus from constitution. 130 would be the max rolling 10 on every roll.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Another question. Poly-homebrew-chromatic-orb-as-a-cantrip-4x-in-one-turn-bolt… it requires an attack roll, right? Did I miss where that roll was? I was looking because I was curious if maybe the roll was high or low, or if maybe it required a save that the construct passes to suss out why the red orbs didn't stick on a couple of the spells thus far.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 927

I should have put in my post that Poljen was moving to Q-12.

I also have seen Morgaine's HP total. He did have a couple of rolls for HP levels that were lower than average, but mostly they have been above average. I recall when she first joined doing some math and thinking her numbers were good. But this new amount does look pretty high to me. I just did not want to sound like sour grapes.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2018 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 927

You know me, I'll be the bad guy when my spidey sense sees a stat or roll that sounds way off. Most of you could be off by +/- 1 on your attack rolls, etc. And I'd likely never noticed, it's just the stuff that really stands out like sore thumb.

I noticed on the Dungeons & Dragons -B character sheet that several stats including the HP look correct (94 on HP) but then there are numbers inserted into the 'override' boxes that are… ah..overriding the attribute and HP values.

"Allow myself to introduce… myself"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.