Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 97 of 948

I can assure you this is specifically for - Page 97 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Mar, 2017 - 2:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
10th Mar, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 97

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

I will say, I do like the tension and role play that could grow out of these two characters. Unlike the relationship between a certain dwarf ranger and human rogue who are basically the equivalent of characters in a "Buddy cop" movie.
(Laugh).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ugh. Messed up the damage rolls again. I'll roll to fix that. Ill save the bardic inspiration in case I have to target Poljen *wink*.

10th Mar, 2017 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Five rounds, eh? Ok, how many rounds would it take Sar'ai to get to the fort moving 90' per round?

11th Mar, 2017 - 4:12am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 97 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

So, I'm still deciding on Geoffroy's actions for the next five rounds, and I am considering a strategy I saw someone else use though I'm not sure how it might work for online play.

Basically the idea is that Geoffroy continues concentration with the first flaming sphere as everyone moves to safely, while then casting a second flaming sphere having the two fiery balls tag team and work together in "Distracting" the enemy forces while also hopefully killing off a few of them as well.

Is there a reason the idea would not work here, where it would be a bit too complicated with an online battle not on an actual grid? Not sure how it might work.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2017 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Wouldn't work, not because of the complications, I think I could have worked them out.

The problem is that Flaming Sphere is a Concentration spell. A caster can only manage one Concentration spell at a time. Cast another, and the previous one ends immediately.

A concentration spell can also end if you fail a concentration save, which is most often triggered when you take damage or are jostled about. That's what happened to Lia's Bless spell from earlier. She took damage, then failed the check.

11th Mar, 2017 - 10:24am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, maybe it was a different spell then that I misremembered as flaming sphere. My apologizes.

Perhaps I will stick with just the one then, as well consider other actions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2017 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 97

Thomas, that could have easily been the same spell just in 3.5. If I remember right you are new to 5e. You could have done what you wished in the older edition. The older edition had no restriction on how many concentration spells you could have going at once. The new edition limits it to one to try to balance spell casters better with the other classes.

11th Mar, 2017 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 97

The Quiet Shadow says...

I can assure you this is specifically for a 5th edition. It was for module that was run for the Adventure League while I was at the SaltCon. I distinctly remember another player having two fiery spheres of sorts that he was having fly around and attack things.

Maybe it was a single spell that allowed control of more then one projectional? One in the wizard list perhaps, though since fireballs were being thrown around by others I might have misremembered this other spell as one Geoffroy might have access to as a cleric of light.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Mar, 2017 - 2:30pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.