Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 29 of 91

Jesla grins as she sees the troll. " - Page 29 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Feb, 2017 - 11:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 91 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 29

Kresnik attempts to discern the nature of the source of that noise as well as its relative distance from the other shore. If there's reason to investigate further, he'll say, "Want me to cross back over and check it out? Nothing incredibly risky, just in, look, and out."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Feb, 2017 - 12:35am

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2017 - 11:32am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Game Master says...

Kresnik and Theaton recognise the distinct sound of a troll, now becoming familiar to all of you. The river is 240' wide at it narrowest here and flowing slowly and calmly. A further 150' north you see a horse crest a hill at speed and 20 seconds later a troll in pursuit.

Roll Initiative! (You can also post preparatory actions in the 3 rounds before you sighted the troll.).

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"It seems that our troll problem extends beyond one band. Lets see how clever this one is."

Kresnik casts a spell, and what appears to be a roaring wall of flame ignites in between the troll and its prey, and grows to a long bonfire ten feet in height and a hundred wide.

Out of Character: Illusory flames via Minor Image, IFF the troll interacts with the illusion somehow, he gets a DC 17 will save to disbelieve the fire and be able to see through it. The illusion includes the sound of a large fire, but not the heat. Ought to slow the thing down a little at least.

Also, any indication that the horse is someone's mount, or do I have reason to think its just a wild beast?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Feb, 2017 - 12:39pm

4th Feb, 2017 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 29 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Game Master says...

The troll is fearless enough that it doesn't slow down for the wall and just attempts to leap through. That's when it gets surprised, it stops and turns around to look at the non-existent wall, then looks around for its source.

Out of Character: Good point, I forgot to mention that. All of you can clearly see a saddle on the horse but no rider in sight.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Out of Character: We are on the opposite side of the river correct?

Theaton will look for a crossing that will get us back on the other side of the river. He knows that a rider less horse being chased by a troll shows that a person may be injured or dead.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kresnik goes digging through Sticky's saddlebags, he speaks as he retrieves two vials filled with an orange liquid and a hundred feet of silk rope. "We can get back over there fairly quickly, but we'll have to leave the mounts behind, and I need more rope to span that length. Anchor one end, I'll run across, disable the troll and secure the other end. Then the rest of you just need to pull yourselves across."

Out of Character: If not prevented from going, Kresnik will attempt to reach the other side of the river at a point the troll can't quite reach him with a charge, and will ready an action to whammy the thing with Color Spray when it comes in range. But he'll need another 150' of rope to bring the rest of the party across. Do we have it?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Feb, 2017 - 3:16pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 29

Out of Character: Theaton only has 50 foot of rope so that means we would need 100 feet more.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 29

Jesla grins as she sees the troll. " Time for a little negotiation. Too bad my other form isn't very talkative. " Hearing Kresnik mention rope she digs through her saddle bags quickly. " Here you go. " She tosses 100' of silk rope down to Kresnik and Theaton. " I'm not waiting on a rope. See you on the other side. I'll try to save a troll for you. "

Jesla slides off her horse. She takes off sprinting about 100' upriver along the shore. The barbarian runs towards the river and transforms into a large tiger as she jumps into the water. She will swim across the river until she reaches shore. Jesla will then engage the troll.
Out of Character: : I rolled a lot of swim checks Icon since I had no idea how many you needed. I will hold off on combat rolls to see how the swim goes.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.