Betsy Devos - Page 2 of 3

The drop out rates for all school should be - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Oct, 2017 - 4:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Betsy Devos
7th Feb, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos - Page 2

She is another radical like Trump. Maybe she will make things happen, maybe she will break our education system in two but whatever she does I hope the children don't lose out.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2017 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Devos Betsy

US Education Secretary Betsy DeVos issued a statement Friday afternoon after protesters blocked her from entering a middle school in Washington, DC.

"I respect peaceful protest, and I will not be deterred in executing the vital mission of the Department of Education," the statement said. "No school door in America will be blocked from those seeking to help our nation's school children." Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2017 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos
A Friend

Betsy Devos History & Civil Business Politics

I think that she is a poor choice as well. She doesn't really have much experience in this field and almost comes off as a random pick. Hopefully she will exceed our expectations and do a good job.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos
A Friend

Page 2 Devos Betsy

Yes, I think she is President Trump's worst pick overall. There are some I like a lot, some that are okay, and some I'm not thrilled with but think if wants them he should be able to have them. This is the one that I thought should have been defeated. And I'm not against a lot of what she espouses. I think giving people choice in where to send their children when they are in an area with failing schools is a good thing. The issue is I don't think she has the experience to actually oversee this vast department, with or without a couple good ideas.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Devos Betsy

Additional security for DeVos may cost up to $7.8 million:

Government officials said Friday that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos requires additional security detail due to a threat to her safety and that it may cost up to $7.8 million through September to protect her. Ref. Source 8k.

Post Date: 21st May, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos

Trump's Education Budget Feeds School Privatization At The Expense of Students. The vision of "Education reform" coming from the Trump administration entails cutting direct aid to students, especially those from low-income families, in order to expand the private sector Ref. Source 5e.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos - Page 2

Some for-profit schools recruit dropouts and keep charging taxpayers even when they stop coming to class, a ProPublica-USA TODAY investigation found. U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has championed charters and for-profit education, contending that school choice can lower absenteeism and dropout rates. But at schools like Capital High in Columbus, Ohio, a ProPublica-USA Today collaboration found, the drop-outs rarely drop in-and if they do, they don't stay long. Such schools aggressively recruit as many students as possible, and -with no one preventing them - often count those students even after they stop showing up, a practice that can generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayer-paid revenue for empty desks. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Betsy Devos
A Friend

Betsy Devos Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

The drop out rates for all school should be looked at. IF people are dropping out of school we need to find out the root cause and work to fix it. If we are paying these for profit school good money for a student that is not there we need to stop that. I am sure there is a way to get a count of actual students in a school on a weekly if not daily basis.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Betsy Devos

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,