Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2011 - 1:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Dunkin Donuts
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts To Offer Healthier Menu
Food Consumption News

Looking to entice those hungry for a healthier option, Dunkin' Donuts will begin offering a new slate of better-for-you offerings in August.
Source: WBZ-TV - Breaking News, Weather and Sports for Boston, Worcester and New Hampshire

Dunkin' Donuts
Dunkin' Donuts (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
30th Jul, 2008 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Donuts Dunkin

I guess that'll be good for someone out there but I'll keep getting my healthy dozen of freshly baked sugar coated fat filled artifically flavored donuts! laugh.gif

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2008 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts
A Friend

Dunkin' Donuts Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I hope that they can figure out a way I can still have a few donuts and have them be good for me. smile.gif

1st Aug, 2008 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Donuts Dunkin

The menu will feature two new flatbread sandwiches made with egg whites. Customers will be able to choose either a turkey sausage egg-white sandwich or a vegetable one. The Canton-based chain says both will be under 300 calories with 9 grams of fat or less.

The new menu will be called DDSmart and will include all current and new items that either have 25 percent few calories, sugar, fat or sodium than comparable products or contain ingredients that are "nutritionally beneficial."

Mmmmm...somehow an egg white sandwich does not entice me in the same way a glazed doughnut does. I think I will pass on this one. Perhaps they can come up with a baked doughnut that still tastes great but has a lot less fat.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2008 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts
A Friend

Donuts Dunkin

baked donuts? Hmmm that sounds interesting. I wonder if it can be done and still taste ok. I think the glazing or the frosting will add many calories though. smile.gif

2nd Aug, 2008 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts

There are lots of baked doughnut recipes out there. They tend to be more like cake doughnuts and are not often as light and fluffy as a glazed. But they can be very delicious. Perhaps not as low in calories as a celery stick, but healthier than one deep fried in grease.

Rather off topic, but...
Here is one for an example, 95 calories per doughnut and 1.1 grams fat:

Baked Buttermilk Spiced Doughnuts
Makes 12 doughnuts

6 egg whites
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons safflower oil
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
1/4 teaspoon clove (ground)
1/8 teaspoon mace
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray; Whisk together egg whites vigorously until they are frothy. Add buttermilk, oil & continue to mix.
Add the the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, powdered sugar, nutmeg, cloves, mace, & cinnamon. Beat the mixture until smooth.
Divide the batter evenly between the cups of muffin pan & bake 20 minutes.
Cool pan on wire rack for 1 minute.
Dump donuts from pan and let cool a few minutes , then sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Aug, 2008 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts

Personally, Dunkin' Donuts is not my first choice to go for a healthy meal - nor even donuts, for that matter. (We have several local places here that have better donuts.)

I give them kudos for trying to make their name synonymous with "healthy" food; however, I think they would have to change their name and quit selling donuts to make it really work biggrin.gif

Rather off topic, but...
Wow, that buttermilk donut recipe sounds awesome! If my oven worked properly, I would try that!

3rd Aug, 2011 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Dunkin' Donuts Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

A Dunkin Donuts worker was using the night shift to prostitute herself for money at late night shift hours. USA Today put it like this,

international QUOTE
N.J. Dunkin Donuts worker caught in 'extra sugar' sex sting

There might be humor in that for some but no one wants to be doing that to get money. I feel sorry for her.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dunkin' Donuts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,