First Vision

First Vision - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Oct, 2011 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

First Vision

First Vision
Mormon History Related

"On a beautiful, clear spring morning, [Joseph Smith] went to the woods and found a quiet spot where he could be alone. Then he knelt and began to pray. No sooner had he done so than an overwhelming feeling of darkness swept over him, as if some evil power was trying to overcome him. Rather than surrender, Joseph prayed harder--and God Himself answered his prayer. Joseph described what happened this way: 'I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. . . ." 'When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!' (Joseph Smith--History 1:16-17.) . . ."Young Joseph was physically drained but spiritually enriched with exciting restored truth. He knew with certainty that God, our Heavenly Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, were real, for he had seen them. He knew that They are two separate, distinct individuals."

M. Russell Ballard, "Joseph Smith's First Vision," Friend, Apr. 1995, 35

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2011 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Vision First

Name: Shola

Comments: wasn't Joseph's account of his prayer in the woods as being just a prayer and him asking for forgiveness? After all the dramatics with the vision and stuff came after.

> TOPIC: First Vision

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,