Worst D & D Roleplaying Experience - Page 2 of 4

Yes finding a good group to fit into is one - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Feb, 2017 - 12:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Worst D & D Roleplaying Experience
A Friend

Worst D & D Roleplaying Experience - Page 2

My second worst experience was having my poor innocent character attacked for her beliefs regarding the undead *wink*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Experience Roleplaying and Worst

Hey now, she wasn't attacked, just berated by a pair of well meaning but concerned busybodies tongue.gif And I thought you were enjoying that difference of opinion.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:26pm

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Worst D & D Roleplaying Experience Reviews RPG & Card Board

Oh I am Daishain. I was just kidding. It's very enjoyable. Anything that presents an opportunity for more roleplay is a good thing. Besides kinds of things like you mentioned earlier Daishain. I probably should clarify that.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Experience Roleplaying and Worst

So I've wracked my brain about this one and I can't think of a bad experience. I mean, I have had some experiences that didn't the way I had hoped, but I playing Dungeons & Dragons, or Runequest, or any of a host of other games I've played through the years, that can't be bad. It's like fishing, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work! biggrin.gif.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Experience Roleplaying and Worst

True enough, someone has to really screw their comrades in RP over to ruin the experience. For the most part its good regardless.

27th Feb, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

My worst experience was in college. I ran into a friend of mine from High School who I had no idea was into Role-playing Games and he introduced me to the group that he was playing with. I thoughtFinally, a group to play with!. Up to that point I could count on one hand the number of times I was actually able to find a group to play Dungeons & Dragons with so I was pretty excited and anxious about it.

I show up at the Dungeon Masters apartment and it felt off from the get go; I just didn't really seem to fit in with the group. I had worked up a character but I was told that I would need to sit on the sidelines and watch for a few sessions before they would work me in. Where it really broke down though was Dungeon Master's girlfriend was one of the players and he treated her like absolute garbage during the session that I sat in on. He yelled at her because she didn't move her miniature correctly on the battle mat or tried to use a skill that didn't really fit. There was definitely some power and control issues going on between the Dungeon Master and his girlfriend.

The next day my friend tells me that the group wasn't sure that they could work me in and I told him that was absolutely ok with me since I didn't think I could work myself into their group either. To be honest that experience along with a similar one several years prior really tainted my view of my fellow RPGers and I really started reevaluating whether it was a subculture that I truly fit in with. It wasn't long after that I actually quit Role-playing Games for about a year or two; got rid all my books and planed on moving on entirely. I still kick myself for that now since I've had to rebuild my Role-playing Game library from the ground up.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 27th Feb, 2017 - 11:54pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Worst & Roleplaying Experience - Page 2

Well, I for one am glad you didn't disappear from this entirely.

It is rather sad that many players find themselves just having to work with whoever they manage to find.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Worst & Roleplaying Experience Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Yes finding a good group to fit into is one of that hardest parts of Role playing games. I know I have been a number of different groups to even some solo play. IT is not always the best but I had to get my fix.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Worst D & D Roleplaying Experience

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,