Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 17 of 54

Poljen says, "Well, they obviously know - Page 17 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2017 - 1:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 54 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 17

Fay smiles sadly, "Thee be wrong" he says to his grandfather's back. "One day I pray thee sees it. Thy daughter brings pride to thy people, as I hope to. I spent too long carrying hatred with me, like a weight around me waist. It dragged me down, made me less, not more. I was wrong and upon laying eyes on me mother knew it was so. When I heard her words 'twas like a great weight was lifted from me. This I pray for thee."

Fay follows Lia out the door, "Amillë, he be not a monster. Bitter he be. He sees what he perceives as the waning of his people and seeks to lay blame. But his arrow missed the mark and blame he laid in the wrong place, or at least partially so. For partly he is right. I was ready for confrontation and anger. Nay, I looked fer it. Instead, I found a grandmother who loves me as thee and a grandfather I see meself in. I feel sorrow fer him… not pity. Pity is not right for a child to his grandparents, just sorrow. I see he is dealing with great pain. I seek no fight with he, rather I hope to one day help him."

With that Fay sings a sad song to Lia, but it's a song of inspiration as the sadness leads to good triumphing, but at great cost.

Out of Character: I'll be out of the net until Tuesday. One last try to sway Fay's grandfather if Daishsin allows. [By The Way], it's +10 not 9. Fay gives Lia an inspiration d8 for any rolls she may want for either her father or mother.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 2nd Jul, 2017 - 3:44pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Cratol looks at the keep and the defenses. He thinks to himself that if they attack in the predawn then they could get the advantage of surprise. He will talk to the men that have come to take back the keep. "I am Cratol Stormcaller. I have come to remove the orcan squatters in my keep. I propose that we attack in the wee hours of the morning. If we can take them by surprise we can rid the keep of many of them. What say you?"

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The men cheer a bit, and march onward towards where they'll camp through the night.

The one in charge, a human man who introduces himself as sergeant Deckard, spends time talking with Cratol, telling him about the layout of the keep and its surroundings, so the monk has a chance of keeping his bearings in the fight.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 17 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

"We'd better rest up and try another method of finding the wererats. Should we keep watch from a distance?"

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Fay's words rip a ragged sob from Jharym, and the man nearly runs from the room, away from the truth in his grandson's words.

Lia and Fay are soon joined in town by Lorelei, who carries a basket. She draws them to a quiet spot in the shade of a large tree. "I am so sorry, that was worse than I could have imagined. I have some provisions for your journey, and I wanted you to have this."

She pulls out a small silver sphere that Lia remembers very well. It had sat on a shelf in her room nearly her whole life. Lorelei twists it, and a beautiful melody plays from it, harp strings being plucked in a tune that never seems to end.

"Iell, your father and I made this for you, not long after you were born. What I don't think you ever knew though is that this is your father's music. He wrote it and played it himself. For you, the brightest spot in his life. I want you to remember that this music, this love, is who your father truly is, not the man you just left. This part of him lives on in you Iell, and in you Faevalor. And if it takes the rest of my life, I will see it rekindle once again in my husband as well."

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia cries as she hears this. " Oh, Nanette. Thank you. This means so much. It will be a piece of you that I will always have. " She moves to her mother and hugs her tightly. After a few minutes of sobbing and hugging she steps back a short distance from her mother.

" I had hoped that this would work out much better. At least I have you again. We can come see you again away from your home if you can manage it. I am a Cleric of Sune now. I have an ability to speak to you from anywhere in the world. When you hear my message in my mind you merely respond quickly. It has to be a short message. I will stay in touch Nanette. If you do manage to rekindle the best part of him please tell me. I will get here as quickly as possible then. " Lia hugs her mother tightly again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 17

Lorelei hesitates, then says, "There is one more thing you should know, as I doubt the word has spread far outside this forest. Rumor has it that the Eldreth Veluuthra are up to something big. They have a new leader, someone named Borngray, and he's promising a return to the golden years of our kind, soon. I'm sorry, but that is all I know, be careful out there."

Out of Character: Reminder, you've had a recent run in with a member of the Eldreth Veluuthra. Lia knows a fair bit about them so check this out if you need a reminder. Source 8d.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Jul, 2017 - 8:04pm

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2017 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 17

Poljen says, "Well, they obviously know we are here. Let us not disappoint them." He waits until all are ready, then is more than willing to be first inside.

Out of Character: : If we get some healing, that sounds good. If we are already inside, then look for where the wererats have disappeared to.

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.