Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 27 of 54

Velon does not say anything as Lia speaks - Page 27 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2018 - 3:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 54 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 27

With a stern look, Velon replies to Mari. He resists the urge to put his hand on his weapon or do anything else physically threatening as, despite his anger, he appreciates that Mari is telling them all of this. It is far less personal to him than Lia, of course. "Mari, I have much to say, but most importantly, are any of our other companions members of the Zhentarim? DO NOT lie to me on this, Mari. If any members of the Blaze, past or present, or any of our other recent companions cannot be fully trusted, I will know now."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lia balls her fists up in anger." Do not let my son's name come out of your mouth. This whole time you...."

Mari backs away from Lia with her hands up." Velon, I truly know of no others past or present that are members of the Zhentarim. That doesn't mean that none are in our group right now though. The Zhentarim is huge and I know very few relatively speaking. That's why I say trust no one. When they find out that the Blaze possesses a sky castle they will stop at nothing to destroy us." She looks nervously at the two of them." Just remember that I didn't have to volunteer this information. Fa.... Silas knows of me Velon and allowed to continue in the group. I hope that this will help you to see me in a different light. The Zhentarim was the only family I had coming up. I hope that you can understand why I did what I did."

Lia is red faced from anger. Velon has never seen her this angry before." You betrayed a trust Mari. I brought you into the group thinking I couid trust you. I almost brought disaster upon us by trusting you." She steps towards Mari who backs away again.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 3:54pm

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon shows far less anger towards Mari, and hates to see Lia so upset, although very rightfully so. He will step between them if necessary, but will also try to block Lia from storming off, at least for a moment. He won't try to restrain her or anything, but would ask her to please stay and help resolve this so it does not become a larger issue among the group.

The large red bearded one sighs, but speaks calmly. "Mari, what was the trap you were supposed to lead us to? Is the time for this still coming, or has it passed? If the latter, does that mean your cover with the Zhentarim is blown? I am confused as to whether they were convinced you are dead, or you are supposed to inform them and lead us into a trap, which is it?"

There are a million questions swirling through Velon's head, along with a great deal of concern for Lia, but he tries to stay focused on the most urgent ones to start.

The Paladin adds "Mari, I believe you, but you have betrayed Lia's trust and that of the group until now. Would you be willing to succumb to Lia's truth spell? I cannot afford any lapse in my own judgement here to cost the group further if we can so easily confirm what you have to say."

He gives his friend Lia a look such that she knows he is sad for this betrayal against her and takes the situation very seriously on the whole.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 27 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Out of Character: to clarify for Kyr's sake, who can relay this through Mira… The ambush date is already past, and the supposed ambushers arrived to find what they thought was Mira's body. Silas threw them off your trail by several hundred miles even before you stepped through the Mere portal, and then made it look like their inside agent had been discovered and eliminated.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Mari looks to Velon." The time for ambush is already past. Silas fed them information to set up the ambush. When the ambushers got there all they found was a body that they thought was me. They think that the Blaze discovered my secret and killed me. So for now they think that I'm dead. Please feel free to question me with any spell that you desire. "

Lia nods at Velon with gritted teeth. She calls upon the power of Sune where Mari is standing. Mari doesn't resist the spell. Lia glances at Velon." She is under the power of the spell now. Feel free to question her Velon."

.Out of Character: : Lia cast Zone of Truth. Mari can't lie deliberately now while the spell is in effect.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 6:14pm

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Lia, I am very sorry. If I find that another in our group is betraying us I will go kill them immediately myself, but since Mari has chosen the path of telling us the truth here, it seems, we must make the most of it. There is no need to contend with the anger of the rest of the group, although I will tell Poljen once we have resolved this. I do not wish to hide anything from you two that I count on to help me lead."

"Mari, do you have any knowledge of anyone else in our party, past present, or future, betraying us or being a member of the Zhentarim in any way?"

"Mari, do you have any plans or any desire to work against the Silver Blaze and our allies in any capacity going forward? Are you forced or compelled to do so in any way?"

"What would you have us do with you, Mari? As far as our say in it is concerned, I think it should be up to Lia."

Velon also adds to Lia… "Why wouldn't Silas tell at least a few of us? I am glad he didn't tell me and ask me to keep the secret from you though, I suppose."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 27

Mari responds quickly to Velon's questions." I have no knowledge of anyone in this party in the past, present or future being either a member of the Zhentarim or planning to betray the party. I have no plans or desires to act against the Silver Blaze or any of your allies. I have cast my lot with this group. There is no going back to the Zhentarim even if I wanted to. What this group is doing is a great thing. Tiamat cannot be allowed to return to this plane."

She looks from one to the other and then resumes." I'm not an evil person. I made a mistake working with the Zhentarim. I've had no one else ever try to help me until now. Please give me a chance to prove myself to you. I swear to you two that I will be true to the Silver Blaze. You are my family now. Keep me in a locked room if you like. Just let me redeem myself."

Lia paces back and forth in the room." This is hard to overcome. A violation of trust like this is almost unforgivable." She starts to speak several times and keeps stopping herself. Finally the wood elf speaks." Velon, in my opinion we should keep her close. She did come to us with this and admit it. We can't kill her and she could prove far more dangerous being sent away. I don't think that she should be allowed to leave the sky castle alone. At least until she regains our trust." She stares at Mari." You may regain their trust one day. There is no guarantee that you will ever regain mine though." She heads toward the door to the room.

Mari looks crushed by this. She valued Lia highly as a friend. Tears begin running down her cheeks as she looks down in great sadness.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2018 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 27

Velon does not say anything as Lia speaks her mind and leaves. She trusts that while the others may notice she is upset, she will keep this between them for now.

Velon looks at Mari and sighs. He leans over the nearest table and puts his gauntleted fist on it, knuckles down, and stairs at the floor for a moment collecting his thoughts. "Mari, please sit with me." He gestures towards the nearest seat and takes one for himself, relaxing a bit. "It was brave of you to return and face Lia and I with the truth. I am not at all pleased to see Lia so upset. You may have noticed I'm very fond of her, after all." He reveals the tiniest of smirks at this to ease Mari. "I am however in a position to have to think primarily of the Blaze as a whole now. I believe you without the truth spell, but being a self proclaimed fool and all I owe it to the others to verify such things for their safety."

"Mari, I was an orphan and for a long time had no purpose. I joined the military hoping to find one, but did not. It was not until the events just before my arrival in Greenest and then meeting the Blaze did I finally start down the right path. In this way, we are similar. I cannot blame you for finding a family with the Zhentarim. When one has gone without water for long enough they will drink from any source. I am glad you have chosen the right side now though." He pauses for a moment. "Anyhow… Lia wouldn't want me to be TOO nice to you right now… Will you accept her wishes for you to remain but have to work to regain trust under her conditions? It may be best to tell the group that you are formerly of the Zhentarim, less one find out on their own somehow. We can leave out the details, however. What do you say to that? Poljen will be told either way, as I plan to keep no secrets from him."

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.