Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 29 of 54

"It seems they could be a great deal - Page 29 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 54 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 29

She notices Velon leaning on the door frame. Lia shakes her head." I'm so sorry to put you in this awkward position. It just hurts so much. I saved her life and then brought her into our group. I brought the enemy into the Blaze." She runs her hand through her long black hair in irritation." I've been so leery of trusting strangers for this very reason but overlook her right under my nose. Hopefully I will be wiser as I get older."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

"You should be sorry Lia Galanodel! How dare you win over the enemy such that they change sides and want nothing more than to aid us and prove themselves worthy?" He gives her a bit more of a smile, but not too much as to offend her mood, he hopes. He takes one step into the room if she doesn't appear to object and leans with his back to the wall next to the door, arms folded.

"You did nothing wrong, Lia. You did not know and thus did not win her over with your wit and your words, but you won her over with your heart and your good deeds none the less. That son of yours can be a pain in my backside but he helped too, I'd think. I for one am glad to have this wake up call regarding the Zhentarim threat, as I've been so focused on the cult, although it is a high price to pay to see you in such pain."

"In the end, you know, you were right to place your trust in Mari, in a sense. I believe she may be true of heart, and that is what you saw. It is hard to picture her turning on her previous family the second she saw you. It will always take one in her position time to see the right side of such conflicts, both the conflict inside her and the war which we are fighting. No one in her position would ever blurt out "I'm a member of the Zhentarim!" the second you meet her.

"You have every reason to be hurt, fair Lia, but do not be sorry for us. You apparently win over the enemy even when you don't know you are doing so. I think we may even keep you around!" He gives her half of a smile once again although she can likely tell in his eyes that he is sad for her.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A few hours later, one of Esmerandia finds Velon and says, "Sir, Chasorth just opened the portal loop, you had wished to speak with her?"

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 29 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

"Yes, thank you Esmerandia!" Velon makes haste to the control room.

Velon is once again unsure if this is a proper time for the dragon's greeting as taught to him by Irdeith, and is unsure of reaching through the portal to do so.
"Greetings Chasorth, thank you for contacting us. Forgive me, as I am very new to this. May I ask, is the greeting Irdeith taught me at our first meeting appropriate here? I hope you do not mind teaching me, as well."

"Regarding my message, I assume you are aware of what Irdeith and Mari have been working on? Mari filled me in on many of the details earlier."

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Chasorth, once again in the form of a kobold, simply smiles and says, "Reaching through one of these is possible, but dangerous enough that I think the formal greeting can be set aside."

"In any case, I presume you speak of the fake death Irdeith arranged for Mari. Yes, I know the story. What is it you wish to know?

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I believe Mari and that she is now loyal to us, but wanted to confirm her story with you. I do not want any poor judgement on my part to cost the group." Velon takes a moment to repeat the key elements to Mari's story as she laid it out.

"Assuming this is all true, do you and Irdeith have any more information on the Zhentarim's efforts to cause us harm? How can we best defend against them? We will surely use truth spells on anyone who wishes to join our party or work for us in the castle. I fear the wealth that is this place now makes me paranoid of losing it. Do you know of any loyal to our cause that would volunteer to help defend the castle, especially when we venture out to fight the various cults of Tiamat?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 29

Chasorth listens carefully, then says, "That sums it up fairly well, and I can think of no important details left out. If people are being harsh with her, please remind them that she has only ever known two families. When confronted by what one of them would do to the other, she chose you."

"As to the Zhentarim, they are serpents in the grass. Most of their efforts are mercantile and political, it is fairly rare for them to confront anyone directly. They had an interest in you because they thought you would lead them to more treasure troves like the cult's cave near Greenest. When my mate sent them on a wild chase, they apparently ran out of patience, and decided to hit you when they believed you would be vulnerable, in order to collect the belongings you already had acquired. Even back then you carried quite a valuable arsenal with you."

"I do not know if they are still interested in trying to bring your downfall. If they are, it is… unlikely that they will attempt anything directly concerning the castle, at least not unless you leave it relatively unguarded somewhere. I would watch for ambushes when away from it. They may also attempt to pit you against another opponent, or take advantage of any encounters between you and the cult, or stir up trouble with local authorities somehow, If I recall correctly they like to frame people for murder as a distraction."

"As to acquiring loyal guards, most I am familiar with that would be of help have important work of their own. I could point you towards a few young adventuring bands that at least claim ideals in line with ours, but those would be people I've heard about second hand at best, I could make no guarantees about trustworthiness or skill."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:05am

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 29

"It seems they could be a great deal of trouble indeed. I am not as familiar with the Zhentarim as those from this region of the world are, so I appreciate the warnings. I will speak to everyone in the morning. We shall not stay too long in one place and should probably only travel in groups in the larger settlements."

"Thank you Chasorth. We will await any orders from you, Irdeith, and the Council. Otherwise we look to build our strength and may seek out the cult in smaller ways, such as removing them from the town where we boarded the castle in the first place."

----------

After talking to Chasorth, Velon will address Esmerandia once again. "Esmerandia, thank you for coming to find me. How are you? Are you growing accustomed to the castle as a home versus what it was before? I hope you grow to be comfortable and happy here. Please do not feel too overburdened by your work. Take time for yourself as you need. Others can watch the control room and tend to other tasks as needed. You are free now and we want you to be happy, only lending us your aid as you choose. How are all of the new workers doing? No suspicious behavior, I assume? If so please let me know right away. We'll be bringing in more people as we can, but will try to ensure they mean well first."

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.