Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 30 of 54

She laughs at this. "Only the best for - Page 30 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jan, 2018 - 5:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 54 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 30

The body of Esmerandia before Velon is considerably… brighter than when you first found her. She has taken to her work with enthusiasm, coordinating the castle's serving staff with surprising efficiency. Her being able to literally be in two different places at once has served her well in this regard.

She says, "I am doing well sir, thank you for asking. I have others dealing with the master bedroom, that is the only part of this place that still bothers me."

"As to suspicious behavior, just a young maid who thinks she's being secretive about her time with the waiter. I think I will need to have a chat with her soon. But I presume you had more sinister things in mind with your query? I have seen nothing of that sort."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lia listens thoughtfully to all that her friend says. Her face remains an expressionless mask throughout." Velon, you are truly a good friend. In spite of my anger you have made me take some good from this. You might not be a bard but you can be very persuasive."

She frowns and then resumes." All you say is true. Except that it was only Fay and I that won her over. I feel that the whole group took part in that. The poor girl knew no other family and chose us over the Zhentarim when a decision had to be made. I guess the part that bothers me is that I didn't find out her secret. It is my duty to make sure that all stay alive in this group. I was blinded by my affection for her. "

Lia sighs softly. She looks at Velon with still sad eyes." At least we did learn what the Zhentarim were planning. We know now that we must exercise caution regarding anyone else joining our group. We can't be caught off guard again. I will come to trust her and not hold this against her Velon. It will take a little time. A deep cut takes time to heal. I hope the rest of the group doesn't treat her badly due to this. Thank you Velon for talking sense into me. Humans can be surprisingly wise at times "The dark haired cleric smiles at him.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:02pm

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"No bard, no. It's the beard!" smile.gif

"Lia, please do not think I disregard your feelings or the fine line of betrayal Mari has walked here if I am kind to her about this. Know that the jovial, ale swelling fool you met many months ago now is actually quite angry, at the betrayal and that she hurt the Blaze member he is most fond of." He gives her a long look and a soft smile.

"If she is to remain with us and be of aid, she will need support too, however, not just dirty looks. I fear you have handled today far better than the group may when we tell them. There will be anger. Will you forgive me for defending Mari? She should be ready to speak for herself as well. Any help you choose to provide will help, but I cannot expect it so soon, if ever."

"Speaking of your duty to the group. We have both learned a lesson here, and you wield the truth spell. If am am to be a so called leader, I expect you and Poljen to be lieutenants if not co-leaders. Would you take charge of doing all you can to ensure anyone we hire or who joins are cause is honest and true? You may think you should not have this responsibility because of Mari, but the situation gives you wisdom that is hard to obtain otherwise. We will all help, of course. I imagine Nikolaos and others would be of great help is this, or Poljen to simply put a scare into anyone new!"

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 30 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

She looks up at him thoughtfully. Her green eyes focus on him intently." I understand Velon and will have no problems with you defending her if need be. Hopefully I can get past this one day. You are more forgiving than me apparently." She shakes her head in frustration.

"I will be glad to help you as a lieutenant or what have you. Count on me to help verify potential new members. I have learned my lesson. Who would have thought looking at her that she worked for that foul organization? We must be very much on our guard from here on out. "
She smiles. "Velon, I caught that slip of the tongue. The blaze member that you are the fondest of? That is new coming from you."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:23pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

"Oh, um, well I was referring to Cratol, you see. He is going to be most upset." He gives her a wink. "Don't pretend you didn't know, dear Lia. I don't keep my beard slightly more trimmed for Poljen's sake, that's for sure!"

"I'm not sure if I am more forgiving. You are closer to Mari than I, and your son is involved. I think it is the burden of leadership that forces me to bury my own anger and try to think clearly. The fact that Irdeith is ok with all of this makes it easier for me, as I try to emulate him or at least defer to his wisdom. Trust me, I had to take a breath and stop myself from putting this gauntlet through the table back there." The paladin rubs his gauntlets together while looking down towards the floor, shaking his head slightly.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2018 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia smiles at him." I was curious why you were doing that. I guess paladins are shy. Maybe paladins are warned away from clerics of Sune." She grins at him.

" Yes, I am close to it. It is a dagger into my heart. Fay being involved with it didn't help. I'm upset also that he didn't feel the need to share this information with me. My love struck son." She shakes her head.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Jan, 2018 - 4:07pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2018 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 30

"I have heard ladies of Sune are trouble, indeed." He winks.

"I'm sure many men fawn all over you the minute they see you because of your immense beauty, Lia. You know, like a certain son of yours to pretty blondes. I believe I told you a while back, I'd rather get to know someone first before deciding they are the most amazing woman I've ever met, however. That's just me, I guess. These days I suppose I have little time for anything less, you know, ever since I usurped you as leader." He stifles a laugh but smiles and backs away as if expecting to be hit. His cheeks are an even brighter red than normal, and Lia is probably pretty sure he has not taken to the drink yet today.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2018 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 30

She laughs at this. "Only the best for our leader. Oh he is becoming full of himself." She hits him playfully on the arm." Why are you so red? Are you okay?" She grins evilly as she has her suspicions.

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.