Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 52 of 54

Velon stands and smiles, speaking in a sincere, - Page 52 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Aug, 2018 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 54 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2018 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 52

Cratol shakes his head as once again he sees a battle coming. He is not wanting this but he hopes that the Griffin does not either.

Using a Ki point on this attack.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2018 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Poljen sits in his room, silently cursing himself. He realizes that once again he had let his temper get the best of him, despite his best intentions not to. He is trying to figure a way to best make amends to Velon and Lia…

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2018 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A bit later that evening, Velon gives Lia a kiss in private and says "Hopefully the big man has cooled off a bit." "I'm going to go talk to him."

(Knock, knock) "Hey, big guy, can I talk to you? Today was a tough call, you have every right to be frustrated. It's a risk, I can't deny it. If he goes and wakes a sleeping dragon because he didn't listen or is being a moody child and you have to remove his limbs, you won't hear anything about it from me. Unless it's really gross and I throw up, I guess. Perry will almost definitely throw up. Ah, anyway… "

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2018 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 52 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Poljen freezes up when Velon enters his room. Before the barbarian can think of what to say, Velon speaks. Poljen uses the time to both listen to the leader of the Silver Blaze, and think of what to say. When Velon finishes his piece, Poljen gestures to the chair by the small table for Velon to sit and then begins to ramble.

"Velon, thank you for coming and saying that. But I owe you much more than that. I owe you, and Lia, an apology. We all know I have a temper and an ego, but I do my best not to let it rule my brain, such as it is. The last thing I would want is to cause even more friction among our team than there already exists. And Cratol's actions were not the true trigger for my petty, spoiled reaction. I was feeling… undervalued, I guess." He sighs, then says, "Let me try to explain."

"Lately it feels to me, and it might be unfair or perceived wrongly on my part, that I am treated by you and Lia as nothing more than the big, dumb warrior I always hope our enemy thinks me. Whenever I have offered advice, or opinions as to courses of action for the Silver Blaze, my input is ignored, save when it agrees with your own mind." He speaks quickly, not wanting to lose his train of thought should Velon speak up. "Unlike some on our band, I follow your lead and directions, even when I think another course wiser. When you decided for the entire group to leave with the mask, I truly thought we should only have the bearer of the mask leave, while we dealt with Chuth. But I came with you. Never mind the fact that staying on my own would have been stupid, and most likely suicidal. For a brief moment I thought about staying, hoping to force you into having the group stay and fight. But away we went." He pauses, then speaks once more.

"And I will probably deny this if you ever repeat it to anyone, but there is no one on this team's opinion and approval I strive for, save you and Lia. So tell me, have all my ideas been as dubious enough for you to discount me? Or am I simply forgetting some instances my wisdom persuaded you in a decision?"

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2018 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Velon let's Poljen speak and tries to remain patient and understanding. He does not scowl or sigh or anything to show Poljen any frustration. He chuckles just ever so slightly when Poljen mentions he will deny his next words and nods for the man to continue.

"Ah Poljen, we have much to discuss, it seems. I am sorry that you have been frustrated." He pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts. "I will deny this is well, but let me tell you why you are made to feel this way." At this, Velon unleashes a speech like no other he's given, not that he's known for ever giving speeches. It is full of bravado, but also Poljen can likely tell that something is amiss. "It is because, Poljen, I AM the Silver Blaze. I am the bravest, the smartest, the strongest, and quite frankly, the best to look at. When the people of the world think of the Blaze, they mostly just picture me. After all, I am the most powerful wielder of magic, the most knowledgeable of the arcane, the best with healing the wounded, the stealthiest, the best at finding traps, the best at charming people and thus our best diplomat. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm the best at shopping, surely, and song writing, too! Sometimes I question whether I really need any of you at all, really. I am the gold dragon, after all! I was here from the start, and I am the only one to have killed three dragons. This is why you feel this way, because you all live in MY shadow!" Velon leans back in his chair and casually adds "Make sense?" He puts one elbow on the back of the chair and that hand against his cheek, resting his head there and raises an eyebrow at Poljen. After a second, he cannot hide a smirk as he waits for the Snow Leopard's reaction.

(Velon assumes the man will start to get where he is going with this, but if not and Poljen begins looking upset, Velon will jump in quickly with a few more words.).

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 30th Aug, 2018 - 3:29am

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2018 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia hears from Velon about the great unknown warlock. She decides to head to the great Hall hereself. Clad in a tight red gown, her raven colored locks hang down her back. The young elf enjoys being able to dress in normal clothes instead of adventurer's gear.

Seeing the mysterious wizard she walks over with a grin plastered on her face." Okay unknown warlock, Lia Galanodal, servant of the great Sune, is here to learn more about her future." She takes a seat opposite the mysterious figure and tries to look serious.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Aug, 2018 - 3:20pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2018 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 52

Poljen looks genuinely confused. "I can tell you are mocking me in some form, and surely I deserve it. But by all the gods, no matter how I may bluster or crow, I do not treat our goal of defeating this cult as anything other than serious. That is why I offer ideas, some of which I feel are good but ignored without cause."

He pauses briefly before saying, "Very few know as well as I how difficult it is to lead the Silver Blaze. I did my best and made a hash of it, from a leadership perspective. But during my time I think I did a fair job as far as tactics and planning. If Fay had his way and we tried attacking the entire army in the field… well, never mind. I have said my piece. You are twice the leader I was, and I am glad you lead us. Again I am sorry for my outburst earlier. When Cratol has his head on right he is a valuable fighter. You made the right call. I am sorry you had to put up with me."

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2018 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 52

Velon stands and smiles, speaking in a sincere, calm, and caring voice. "Poljen, you miss my point my friend! I do not intend to mock. NOTHING I just said about myself is true! I would argue that I am not the best at a single thing this group does!" His voice drops a bit and he looks away a little and adds "Except maybe leaving crumbs on the table or making a mess of the wash room when I can tell Lia would appreciate me taking SOME care of myself… "

"Ah, anyway, several of the things I said, however, are true about YOU!" The paladin is somewhat animated by now, but is still smiling and clearly not upset. "YOU are the strongest! YOU are the bravest. YOU are our protector and when the people of Greenest and many other places we've been think of the Blaze they picture and speak of YOU, ... And Lia probably, because well, yeah… "He finds his train of thought once again and continues. "Maybe they mention that there was also a young monk and a tiefling and a wizard and a guy with a red beard, silver armor, a blue, gold, and silver tabbard, weird dwarven belt and just overall terrible fashion sense really, come to think of it… "

"Anyway, Poljen YOU are the ONLY one of us who has vanquished THREE dragons; not I, nor Lia, nor Cratol can claim that! You are likely the only human in the WORLD who can claim this! So what I do not understand, my friend, is why is this not enough for you and your ego to be content for more than a day at a time? I can claim none of those things, nor being better with magic or powers of healing or any of the other things that the members of the Blaze can do! I am likely not even the best leader amongst us, as that is probably Lia, but she did not want her title back upon her return and to me it matters little, as all three of us lead the Blaze. Hell, I might argue that you would still be our leader and we'd be standing here all the same if you did not have Fay to challenge you at every turn!"

"Remember, you went to the cloud giants on our behalf. You led us to find Cyanwrath's cave. You found out a bit about who might be after us when we visit the cities of this land with your recent plan. Beyond that, to be honest, I do not really keep track of who suggested turning left versus right in Diderius's tomb and elsewhere because IT DOES NOT MATTER! We are a team and there are, what, ten of us that go on our missions these days? That is ten opinions on what to do in every situation, so unless you are saying you are smarter than the rest of us, how often will a plan be completely yours? I know one thing, a plan is rarely completely mine. I listen to the magic users and the stealthier, more observant folk and ALL of you. I don't think I had any input really on going in to get the mask from Cuth, even. You and Zarra and Mari thought you could pull it off, so you went and you did it! I really do not wish to argue the merits of staying or going at that time as this is only a four day journey to our next bit of work, but you went to sneak in and steal the mask without having to fight everyone and that is what happened… mostly. You know if we had to split the group and lead two teams it would be you and I to lead them. How much more do you truly need to be about you? Why are you keeping score on such things?"

+  « First of 54 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.