Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 8 of 54

Cratol tells the others that he is going to - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2017 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 54 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 8

Before Fay: " I can stop the spell at anytime. If you were plummeting to your death I would cancel if it had no chance of saving you. I promise that I will be quick about it. " She laughs.

To Fay: She studies him for a moment then nods. " As you wish Ionneg. We will depart soon. Mari may come along as well but I'm not sure that she will. She seems very busy here. "

After Fay: She watches Fay for a moment as he departs. " That poor girl. He is always looking for her. Sometimes she wants to be left alone. I've tried to tell him but he is stubborn. "

She pauses for a moment before looking thoughtful. " It is fun getting to know you as well. So… what were you saying there. Are you interested in me as Fay is in Mari but you are going about it differently? " She looks at him and winks.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Jun, 2017 - 5:30pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Fay thinks about his upcoming trip and worries. "What if they try and hurt Lia? What if they try and keep her. I'd be powerless to stop em." He steels his nerves, "Then I believe I have friends now that would help." He thinks. Still, he decides to discuss this his mother.

He finds Mari not far from where he saw her earlier. "Mari, M'Lady, Lia and I be going to meet her parents, me grandparents. 'Twill be an ugly encounter methinks. Ye have things ye need to think on too. This will give thee time while away I am. Mayhaps you are not used to giving or receiving this, but trust you I do. I may have need of you if me grandparents try anything untoward with Lia. I may need yer skills. If I do when I come back can I count on thee? It would mean Lia needs yer skills too."

Out of Character: That poor girl?!? Fay left her alone for most of the trip to the cave and all of the trip afterwards! One sidebar and he's all over her. Okay, let's see how she responds to this! wink.gif.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"If you're asking if I'm obsessed with you without knowing anything about you, then no, Lia, I am not interested in you as Fay is Mari." He pauses. "... But I am interested in getting to know you better." He gives a sincere smile and continues walking to wherever their destination is. (Still have to purchase those rings.).

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Mari: She studies Fay with an inscrutable expression for a moment as he finishes speaking. " It might be that bad that Faevalor can't handle it? " She smiles. " If you have any problems there feel free to ask me for aid. I owe your mother a debt of gratitude that I can't repay. "

She looks away then back to him again. " I don't know why you trust me. I have a lot of experience in this not so wonderful world. That naïveté will get you killed Fay. You don't even really know me. You know the imaginary me. " She sighs softly. " I do have some honor. Your mother is safe with me. You are right in this at least. Don't be so trusting though Fay. It will end in your death "

Lia: She laughs as he speaks. " Well spoken Velon. I would expect no less from you. I was trying to trip you up with your own words but it was not successful. I would just like to get to know you as well. Well, here we are. " They have arrived at the stall in the market where she knows they can purchase the rings.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Fay looks at Mari, "I do not trust everyone. I trust you." Then his expression turns grave, "This imaginary you I came to know fought with us. She saved me, I saved her. She could have killed me a dozen times over. So, until you give me a reason not to trust you, I choose to trust. I choose." Fay thinks for a moment, "And one who took advantage of me 'trusting nature' which exists not, would find I be not easy to kill and I be a deadly foe." He takes a breath and continues, "Ye call me naive? I say ye are. Friends ye have made here. Friends who would give much fer ye. They care not of yer past. They did not ask 'Who is she' before they sprang to fight beside you in the caverns. Nor did Lia when she protected you in a dirty alley in Greenest. Nor do I today. 'Tis you who are naive, blinded by anger at the world that ye think 'tis nothing but evil." He shakes his head, "I shall have to teach thee otherwise if thee would just but listen." Fay turns to walk away.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mari frowns as she hears Fay speak to her in this manner. She considers all that he said as he turns away. Mari opens her mouth to speak but no words issue forth. Shaking her head she walks away. He might be right on some points she thinks. Although Lia did save her that is the exception. Most people care only about themselves. It is the way of the world. If a person doesn't look out for themselves then no one else will. Fay might be different as well. He did trust her which was shocking. She would not have trusted him if the roles were reversed. Mari grits her teeth and walks faster. Time to find her contact here. They would want to know why she had failed in her mission. The Zhentarim would not be pleased with missing out on the small fortune from Greenest. She places her hands on the hilts of her swords as she walks towards the place she has avoided thus far.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 8

Velon makes an exaggerated motion as they enter the stall. "Anything you like, my dear. Only the best for one worthy of Sune's blessing." Lia once again receives his signature wink.

He begins to peruse the items available here.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Cratol tells the others that he is going to head to Arabel to meet with a representative of his family. "I never knew who my parents were or my family. I received this", he shows the ring and papers to the others, "Recently in the post. I have to go and see for myself who my parents and family are and why they left me outside of a monastery almost 17 years ago."

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.