Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 13 of 54

Cratol ponders all he has been told. He looks - Page 13 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jul, 2017 - 1:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 54 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 13

Lia's eyes widen as she sees her childhood home. " Fay, this is where I grew up. I have a lot of good memories here. Let us go straight to my parents now. I want to get this over with. " She feels sick to her stomach.

For Velon: She laughs at him. " You lay it on thick. I like that in a man. " Lia studies him. " You have a good sense of humor. That is rare with a man of the cloth. "

She looks down for a moment after he speaks of her trip. " Fay wants to do this which I'm fine with. I dread this trip and fear what may come of it. " She shakes her head. " No, we aren't so different. I hope we make it out of there without being shot or stabbed. As to the spell… It's called sending. At least that's what I call it. You simply must know the person that you communicate with. You have a limited amount of words that you can use. You don't need to know the spell. I'll start the communication and you will think a message back to me. Keep it short or not all will get through. I will use it a time or two on our trip. I'll do it during the day as to not wake you. " Lia laughs at this.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Jun, 2017 - 7:24pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Cratol looks at the guy. "Having been abandoned by my so called family when I was a baby I really do not know what to say about you or my family. You can imagine my surprise to hear from you after nearly 17 years. Questions? Yes I have a lot of questions. Why was I abandoned? Where is my parents? Who were my parents? How many of my family is still around and alive?"

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Aye Amillë, I understand thee. Even though I missed ye and there were times when I wished I were anywhere but there where everyone else had a mother, me home has many good memories too. I know there are those who were not near as lucky. I take it not fer granted. And thee, finding thee has been nothing short of a miracle. Now, shall we meet me loving grandparents?"

Out of Character: My goodness, a guy disappears for a few days and ya'll go bonkers with the posting! Good reading though. So, I'll just say it's hot where I am.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 30th Jun, 2017 - 9:39pm

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 13 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Cratol:

Baron Cale sighs, "I can understand your bitterness, and I am afraid I do not have good news in response to that last question. At least in regard to your mother's side of your family, I am the closest living relative you have left. Your grandparents and uncle died in the raid on Redcliffe, your mother Misha soon afterwards of wounds sustained in the retreat. As to your father and his kin, I do not know if they live or where they are, I have been unable to locate him as of yet. I know now his name is Aerendyl, but I can tell you little more than that he was part of a wandering band of elven troubadors. I am afraid there is doubt he even knows you exist. You have several first and second cousins, they'll be welcoming enough to you, but to be blunt I would not rely on them for much of importance."

"As to the matter of your abandonment, I was no less surprised to learn of your existence a little under a year ago. Before she died, Misha confessed to having you in secret and passing you on as a babe to the monastery. She begged me to find you, and so I did. I found the place you were raised easily enough, and learned of the name they gave you, but there the trail went cold, until I heard your name in connection to the events at Greenest.

"My younger brother, your grandfather Gells, was a proud man, too proud in many respects. I can tell you he would not have approved of your mother risking, much less having, a child with a mere bard. I do not know if he knew, and I do not know if he forced your mother to take the actions she did. I am uncertain if I wish to know, it is a terrible thing to feel disgust towards one's sibling. I would like to think that if he did know, he would have swallowed his pride and fulfilled his duty to you, but I cannot be sure."

"As to my niece, forced or not, I suspect she acted out of fear, both for herself and for you. I cannot fault her for that. But she should have known better, whatever my brother's views were, I would sooner hang myself than turn away one who shares my blood, and it was my decision then, as it is now. As humbled and fading as this family is, it is yours. For whatever it is worth, know that you are Cratol Stormcaller, born of a proud lineage, and for all that I am you will never be alone again."

Fay and Lia:

The home of Jharym and Lorelei Galanodel lies before you. As you approach, an older elven woman opens the door, stares at Lia for a moment, then is rushing down the slight hill towards you. Lorelei is weeping as she rushes to embrace her daughter.

Velon and Poljen:

You two find the trail of the wererat gang easily enough. Theft reports got you to the right area, and from there, it was just a matter of following the wharf rats.

Soon enough, you find yourself outside of a decrepit building on the docs. Hundreds of rats swarm about. You would call them ordinary, but their behavior is unusually coordinated.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

" There is where I grew up Ionneg. This brings back so many memories. I" Lia sees her mother at the door and then rushing down the hill towards her. Tears streak down her cheeks as Lia runs towards her mother. She embraces her tightly and sobs. " Oh mother, I have missed you. "

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lorelei clutches Lia tightly, "Iell, where have you been? I have heard nothing since you left. Who is this?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 13

Fay sees his mother and his grandmother exchange hugs. He looks that way cautiously and makes his towards where they are embracing. He has a very tentative look on his face. "Me name be Faevalor, Faevalor Barons… Faevalor Beleg. Thee be me Grandmother."

Out of Character: It's very late here and I have a very early morning. If you need a roll take this and put it where it belongs. Modify it as required. I'm rolling luck too if his roll is low because Fay will need it. If it's persuasion he needs it's at +10.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Jul, 2017 - 12:54am

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 13

Cratol ponders all he has been told. He looks at the signat ring and the elder man. "You have answers some of my questions and for that I thank you. Knowing my family name is always a bunos to me to Know I have a heritage helps me out a lot. No longer am I just a orphan. What can you tell me about our home?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.