3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 32 of 42

Someone posted guidelines for stats on one - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 42 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 32

Sorry about that, I know a smatterings of word and phrases from other languages, I can't say I ever had a gift for it, riddles are also not my forte, but I'm good at math, tactics and technology. My wife and I are both great at Sudoku, Cryptograms, and love to read.

I've always been a pretty good with knowing where I'm at and am great at land navigation. I don't get lost. My job in the military was as a Forward Observer, I've traveled through the thickest jungle in Panama and ended up right on target. As far as common sense, I'd like to think I know trouble when I see it and that allows me to approach things more carefully. I will freely admit to being more naive when I was younger, but fool me once, you know.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

All righty then, my initial assessment, bearing in mind the data provided since the start:

Strength 16
Dexterity 13-14
CON 14
INT 12
Wisdom 14
Charisma 15

Your other peers will get to weigh in, and then Kn will post your final stats based on the average.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I agree with Daishain's assessment for the most part. I would put strength at 14 and wisdom at 12 however. We must remember in rating these stats to be conservative. Early in the game people tended to have lower stats since we were rating everyone more conservatively. As the game progresses numbers seem to be getting higher. I just don't feel that too many people are above average in every category. Those stats make a great Dungeons & Dragons character and most of us aren't ideal to start as adventurers. I'm not trying to lecture but to remind everyone of the nature of this game.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Dec, 2017 - 12:30pm

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 32 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

There is truth to that, but he's effectively just coming out of military service, so likely at least a bit stronger than me (And you guys gave me a 15 there.)
And as to Wisdom, he just gave a near textbook description of an above average Wisdom individual.

Truth be told, the stat that can probably be dropped a bit from what I had is Charisma, but that's a secondary stat for his class so I hesitated there.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I just see 16 strength as being a body builder type. In my opinion it should be reserved for someone who actively works out. 15 is my limit for someone who is just naturally big and strong. I still don't like the idea of anyone having positive modifiers in every category. None of the original people do. Den was a special forces veteran and didn't. That is just my take on it. I just feel like we have gradually moved from average people to everyone being above average which isn't the point of this game. I'm off my soapbox now *wink*.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is why everyone has a choice in helping to set the ability scores. Over a bunch of people and my own take on things one can end up with closer to average ability scores then all of them being high. Vickie, Thomas and Grant still need to put in their input here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Dec, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 32

The Learner says...

I'm at a total loss when it comes to this. I haven't played enough to even begin to come up with numbers. I am very much a [New person] to this type of game. So I really don't know what to put for his stats… sorry.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Someone posted guidelines for stats on one of the first few pages of this thread. It helps some because it will give you a better idea of what each numerical score really means. What does a 15 in Intelligence actually look like etc. I'm not great at this either.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.