3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 422 of 616

I rise and freshen up for breakfast. My aches - Page 422 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Feb, 2018 - 1:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 616 pgs.  418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
10th Feb, 2018 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 422

The Learner says...

I say to Jason before he leaves, "With the lateness of the hour, I will seek out the teen elves and inquire on Be's health. I figure one of them might know since at least one of them might have taken her supper."
Once I arrive in my room, Kelvin can see I have a lot on my mind, I tell him about what Thomas did in the meeting and what I had in mind about hiring him for the Inn. I want his input on what I have in mind. It may end up saving Thomas's life in the long run.

Depending on Kelvin's thoughts; In the morning I will find Thomas and chat with him, knowing Jason had more than likely talked to him already. I am hoping I have a solution to possibly saving his life.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The night passes quickly and quietly. There is no outward sign of any issues. Vickie finds ut from one of the younger teens that Be is doing well and that she has discovered some more potions, rings and a few scrolls if the party is interested in them. Some of the higher level items have been taken by Lywenta. Soon the first sun is up and the days activities are beginning. The first sun is clear of the horizon when breakfast starts to be served for the farmers, workers and midnight guards.

10th Feb, 2018 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Storyteller says...

"What has me most upset Jason, is that he supposed to be from our world. That Douglas is supposed to be from the United States, and was originally no Lord", I will sigh, wondering how to explain my feelings or thought, "I mean sure, the US isn't without flaws, but just because the world isn't sunshine and roses doesn't mean we should put aside our morals. What Lord Douglas was saying, sounded like excuses for behavior that was at the very least questionable." It bothered me, and clearly so.
-

Also, on the next day, when the suggestion was made that I work at an inn I will be straight up and say softly, "No, I will stick with all of you in clearing out tunnels. If you're afraid of someone trying to kill me, I'll do what I must to fix that. Even if that means having to apologize to Lord Douglas… Despite no longer being sure I can trust or respect him." It was true, my perspective of our benefactor had very much changed after what he allowed Rachel to do. It will take a while before I'd be able to forgive or fully trust him again.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Feb, 2018 - 10:52pm

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 422 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I shake my head, "Douglas discouraged Rachel from going, but ultimately allowed her to make her own choice, and then gave her the means she used to escape. The only questionable decision he made was in not telling us. Even there, telling us before she left would only increase the odds someone would insist on going with her, someone the ring could not have brought back safely, and telling us before she returned would only have brought us worry."

"I cannot say I fully approve of the way he handled it, but I cannot find malice in it or grievous fault with it either. This was Rachel's decision, not his."

"As to Douglas setting aside some of the morals of our world, you need to understand that a lot of those are luxuries that would get him, or us for that matter, killed here. He's spent more time under those conditions than he has back home."

"Let me try this from another tact. Douglas' strength is what keeps us safe, clothed, sheltered, and fed. The same holds true for everyone else in the stronghold. And no, I don't mean his physical strength, though that certainly helps. It is the lord's image of strength that binds a feudal society together."

"You attacking the lord, even by a normally harmless means like verbal criticism, is a lot like hacking away at the supports for the bridge we're all standing on. Beyond a certain point, stopping you, by any means necessary, is a matter of survival. The dead aren't comforted by ideals."

Out of Character: Incidently, "Lord Douglas" left our world long before the internet as we know it, let alone this website, existed.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Feb, 2018 - 10:47pm

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Of course, being interested in any and all magic, I'll check with Be about what has been found.
At the time when Thomas talks about the possible danger, I'll say "Your best course if definitely to apologize, even if you gloss over any doubts you may have and chalk it up to the stress of combat. Right now, the Lord is our only host of a home, and we need to keep him happy,regardless of doubts we may have. "

10th Feb, 2018 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

The Storyteller says...

"Perhaps I should have waited to have one of you talk to him about it, or at least wait for some additional privacy. It helps that he discouraged Rachel from going," I say, seeing the reason in what Jason was saying as some of my anger fades a bit, before continuing, "Though at the very least he should have said something after she left, even it was simply that she was on a secret mission."

I will be honest, with myself and with Jason, "I was upset, concern for Rachel in the state she was in and angry that Lord Douglas had said nothing. I allowed my emotions to get the better of me, and in wanting an explanation." I still was unsure if I could trust him, especially since I had allowed myself to trust him so quickly before.

Still, I will say again, "I am willing to apologizes, to admit I was wrong to confront him as I did or at least in not allowing another to broach the subject more tactfully." I may be too late, but it was a start. I will say this though, "I do still want to help, as I went into this with a willingness to risk my life. Though with enough sense to know when a situation could become suicidal. I refuse to just hide myself away as you all do the dirty work."

Out of Character: Remove reference to International Discussions.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Feb, 2018 - 12:22am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Feb, 2018 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 422

The Learner says...

Upon rising for the day, I do my meditation and get dressed in my armor and head out looking for Thomas, upon finding him. I will mention about the Inn; only to find out he rather not. I let the subject drop from there, only reminding him that the lord is not on his side at this time and best not to say anything to him for now. Just do your job with the group and show him that you appreciate him offering you shelter and food, and employment.

I will then go to the dining hall. There I will look for Jason, or others of our group to let them know that I found out from one of the younger teens that Be is doing well and that she has discovered some more potions, rings and a few scrolls if the party is interested in them. Some of the higher level items have been taken by Lywenta.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2018 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 422

I rise and freshen up for breakfast. My aches and pains feel much better than before. As we are about to leave Ghost gives me a reproachful look." I'm sorry Ghost. I won't run off on you again." I scratch his ears and we are off.

Arriving in the dining hall I will grab a tray with some fruit and cheese for breakfast. I will take a seat by my friends and greet them.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Feb, 2018 - 1:12am

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.