3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 436 of 616

Out of Character: On my rolls, the heal was - Page 436 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Feb, 2018 - 4:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2018 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 436

Jonathan chuckles not knowing that he was about to get huge. Stepping across to the right and around the guards, between the wall and ... The new wall so he can reach out with his longsword and slices at the Longbow wielder, "Not today!" he begins to chant and strikes with the blessed blade, trying to recall the lessons the knight gave him and how to deliver the blow as he'd practices on his own at the now smaller target trying to use him and his friends as a pin cushion.

Out of Character: I know Huge is not the technical term for my size increase, it's just how I feel *smile*

My movement has me Lumbering over to P53. With this swing, I am still using Iron Guard, but I am not fighting defensively anymore. AC is down to 19 due to size, attack has likewise been reduced accordingly, but if I hit, I have DR / 5 Adamantine until my next Strike.

I use Steely Resolve to defer the 5 points of damage from the arrow and get a +1 to Atk / DMG with Furious Counter-strikes, thus negating the size penalty and increasing damage further. (2 BAB + 1 Blessed +5 Strength + 2 Bane +1 FC -1 Size)

Longsword Damage is 4D6+6 (2D6 Longsword + 2D6 Bane + 5 Strength + 1 Furious Counter-Strikes) I'm rolling the 4D6, but not adding in the +6 to the Roller because I think it would add it 4 times, one for each die rolled.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2018 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Round three - The hobgoblins shoot again Ghost is hit for 5 more damage, Grant is hit for 4, Jason is hit for 5, Qwantithalica is hit for 6, and Et1 is hit for 4. The ones in melee attack Grant is hit for 6 damage and the rest hit the Elf Guards. One of the Elf Guards goes down and one of the bigger ones is in melee with a Elf guard too. Looking across the room you will see four Dire wolves coming in along with three gangly green creatures most know as trolls. The dire wolves are not as big as Ghost but not much smaller. No one hits this round and everyone sees a wall go up between the party and the hostiles.

Round four - Some of the hobgoblin archers stop fireing as well some of the Elf guards stop fighting to get a breath when more arrows come in as some hobgoblins see through the illusion. Once the others hear the arrows strike true they get their bows ready again. This also eggs on the Dire wolves who move into melee with the Elf guards. Grant takes 4 damage from arrows, Jonathan takes 7 total from two arrows. In melee Grant is hit again for 6 damage, The elf guards get hit a few times one is drug down by a direwolf. (Rolled a nat 20) while two other Elf guards are hit by the dire wolves and one of the bigger hobgoblins. Grant fails to cast the burning hands spell as it was interrupted. That spell is lost. Jonathan feels himself getting bigger but he still misses his attack. He is now considered large and easier to see to hit. The following people hit, Qwantithalica, Vickie, Rachel and Ghost. Ghost and Rachel take out a Hobgoblin as Qwantithalica and Vickie team up to take out another one. The elf guard attacks. Two of them team up to take out a injured Direwolf. You will also see the bigger ones are closing in too as well as the archers have moved to be more in the center to shoot into the corridor.

Out of Character: I will need new attack, damage, or special actions from you all. Grant mark off a burning hands you should have only three left.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 23rd Feb, 2018 - 3:29pm

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2018 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

My eyes widen as things get even worse, "Fall back a pace or two, keep the line tight, we cannot let them surround us!"

Addressing the two teens behind me, I'll tell them, "Go and drag the wounded back if you can."

I tell Thalica to take the cure light wounds scroll from me and to use it on anyone who drops unconscious.

Meanwhile, I use the last fireball, hoping to weaken the wolves and trolls before they become too much of a problem.

Out of Character: Rolled 20 damage for this fireball before. Wishing I had my sorcerer Silas here, he'd be flinging out 15d6+15 on these. Targeting the fireball such that I get all of the trolls and as many of the dire wolves as possible without hitting the guards. Based on the pattern used by Kn, it looks like targeting the point between N48 and O49 would do the trick, and get a lot of the archers in the bargain.

Rolling three attacks for myself, and four attacks for Q.

Jonathan, don't forget the Strength bonus from enlarge person negates the penalty to hit for melee. Not that the difference would've helped with a natural 1, but next time. You might want to also preemptively roll a few attacks of opportunity, they'll be provoking such by coming towards you.

Grant, get out of there and let Jonathan take your place for a bit, you're close to just dropping dead.

Edit: +2 to all attack rolls here.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Feb, 2018 - 9:55pm

23rd Feb, 2018 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 436 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Learner says...

I use Cast Heal to self before I get to a standing position and use the wall for support; I aim another fire ray above Rachel but at the hobs in front of her and Ghost. I will then aim my crossbow in the same direction taking out as many as possible.

Vickie Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+1): 8, 6, 18, 6, 12, 15 (6 rolls)
  • Damage( fire ray) on D6 (+0): 2 (1 rolls)
  • Damage(crossbow) on D8 (+0): 8, 5, 1, 5, 1 (5 rolls)

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2018 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Moving north through the room, swinging to heal, I shout out and try to hit the hob with enough force to take him down then stare down a troll with Iron Guard's Gaze as an obviously more potent threat. "Now's when we need the fire, for them trolls. Hope we still got some scrolls left."

Out of Character: Gonna roll for 3 attacks, first is to heal, the next two would give a +4 to hit my target if I land a strike.

Reconcile Edited: fatebringer on 23rd Feb, 2018 - 9:54pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fighting full defense, I pour a other heal down my throat, hoping to get back into the fight quickly.
Specific Action: AC+4 cure light potion. Current +2.swap behind Jonathan.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 24th Feb, 2018 - 12:36am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 436

I step up to engage the next hobgoblin. I'm swinging my club furiously now. Blood is flying everywhere as Ghost is tearing into the foul creatures.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Feb, 2018 - 1:12am

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 436

Out of Character: On my rolls, the heal was supposed to be +2, not roll 2 so the heal is 3+2 = 5 and the 3rd Attack is 13+10 = 23.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.