3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 528 of 616

Out of Character: That's what I was - Page 528 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jun, 2018 - 4:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 616 pgs.  524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 528

I will ride back into the settlement astride Ghost. After speaking with the others I will pack my supplies for further scouting. I will take a relaxing bath and get a good night's rest to prepare for departure.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Patience isn't taking to training as fast I thought she would. It's been a rough endeavor and I'm just happy we were able to get them to travel with Ghost without panicking."

Out of Character: Don't go by the guidelines in the book, the GM set new ones.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"There's no doubt we are rather scattered and chaotic when it comes to having regular training time for the horses. Most creatures can't handle variations in a routine, and training a horse requires a lot of routine, for sure. Not even mentioning the monsters and combat we get involved in!"
Out of Character: - What are you referring to, Jonathan? Animal Training or Alchemy? An Alchemy lab is a fixed lab, not usually portable, to give that +2, but it's a Dungeon Master call. The Animal Training will take a long time, at the way we do things.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 528 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yes it will take a long time to get your horses trained unless you find other horses in the field to bring in and have them trained to be war type horses. Either way you are looking at 4-6 month intense training on a daily basis to get a trained war horse thus you will not be able to have one for a long time.

As far as a traveling lab I will say no to that as all that glass shifting around in a back pack there will be a very good change of glass being broken. 70% or better chance.

12th Jun, 2018 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

"Since we have duties in scouting and helping to keep safe our new home, could not the duties of training warhorses be left to others," I will ask in consideration, seeing where Grant is coming from before continuing, "Particularly those who perhaps have more experience in such and the time to do so?" While I did have a general knowledge of horsemanship, because of scouting and earning the badge, I never did have the chance of actually owning a horse nor did I know anything about training such for battle.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If you leave your horse behind then you will be walking as there is no spare horses.

The day passes quietly as people gather the supplies they wish to take with them on the morning. Rachel did not see anything out of place during her day of scouting with Ghost. She does come in around dinner time sweaty from a day of riding.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jun, 2018 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 528

The Learner says...

As I spend some time with my light brown mare with a star on her nose. After a time I come to learn that she likes the name "Easy Spirit". I do some training with her the rest of the afternoon in the training corral area. Getting more comfortable in the saddle and doing quick maneuvers. I do that until I see Kelvin standing by the corral watching me go through my routine I was doing. Upon seeing him I slow Easy Spirit down and head over to where he is at. I tell him "Hello, love. I do believe I've done enough training for the day, meet you inside the stables." I give him a smile.
I head Easy Spirit to the stables at light trot and them take my saddle, blanket, and bit out of her mouth and hang and set them were they go and begin to wash and brush her down as I give her another treat to enjoy while I do so.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 528

Out of Character: That's what I was talking about. The horse training stuff. My character is based a lot on riding as a knight-like character so I've been taking the time whenever possible to train Patience but having two solid weeks with her should have helped a lot and why I didn't want her going back into the pool. If we can keep the horses out on these scouting missions then that will keep adding to the time we have with these particular mounts. The 3.5 rules had it where it was 3 weeks to teach a horse to be a Riding Horse and 6 Weeks to teach it Combat Riding (This would not make it a warhorse, just teaches it how to keep it's composure better through the use of specific tricks and to be useful in combat. Warhorses start with the Combat Riding package, a better stat block and you can make a ride check to attack in the same turn order as the Warhorse making a hoof attack.) We don't have a specific guideline to go off of here with our Dungeon Master so I'll just keep expressing how much I am trying to get this done on a regular basis and maybe one day we'll get some progress *wink*.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.