3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 530 of 616

"Good thinking Travis, but only if we - Page 530 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jun, 2018 - 1:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 530

I scratch my chin, "I don't see why not, there are certainly spells for stranger things. Lywenta would know better than I.

As we pass by the farms, I'll look over to Grant, "How much do you know of irrigation systems and farming techniques in general? I'm wondering if between us we couldn't come up with a few things to allieve the burden those workers have, free up a good percentage of the population for work on other things this place needs. That was one of the main keys to social and technological booms in our world, I don't see why it would be different here."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Grinning wide, I respond to Jason "You'll find my brain is utterly full of tons of scattered information.I'm an avid reader and there's not much I haven't' read about at some point. In my teens, I was absorbing survival books, mainly from a fear of a nuclear strike on Seattle. Farnham's Freehold was in there, too."
" As far as irrigation goes, the most effective water management is drip irrigation, but we'd have to get some pipe manufacturing going, even if we could use magic to shape stone into suitable channels.Another good method would be set channels, but again that requires some construction work. If we do have time to spend on the farming technology, we could make amazing strides with irrigation, breeding and plant yields. Not even mentioning husbandry of plant species to prevent insect problems. Mint and garlic are fabulous virtual barriers to unwanted insects.I wonder if any of the mages can use the fabricate spell, yet? That would be Godsend for creating pipes."
"Also, one of the big achievements for farming back home was cycling farming where species were rotated annually to replenish the soil, and leaving soil lie fallow once every seven years. A good crop of pumpkin or other gourds plowed under provide excellent foundations for healthy plants. There must be spells to do the same, too, or maybe we have to invent them?"

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Travis is able to wear light to medium armor. He can wear the leather armor if you wish him to have it. It could be beneficial to Qwantithalica too.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2018 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 530 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"," I mutter when I hear them talk about farming. I don't do much planting myself, but I always loved the concept of the 'Three-Sisters" The Native Americans used. Corn as the base, bean vines to grow up along the corn stalks and Pumpkins in the spaces between the stalks. I'm from Illinois ... Where I believe we grow the most pumpkins? I think that's true, I know Halloween is my favorite holiday and that might be one of those facts you mis-remember… "

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2018 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I hadn't heard of that before. A lot of the plants here seem at least slightly different, we'll need to see if such a trinity can be found."

"I want to see if we can't work up designs for a horse drawn reaper machine and a cotton gin. I've seen plans for both, though I must confess to having forgotten salient details."

"The latter would be particularly useful if we ever find a friendly neighbor to trade with. The simple addition of a cotton gin turns cotton fabric from one of the most expensive fabrics around to the cheapest. Having such an export would be a major boon. Of course, simply providing everyone in the stronghold with good clothing would be worth it I think.

I'll keep discussing such things with the others as we ride westward, heading for the spot where we will camp before turning north, and beginning the first arc.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Jun, 2018 - 8:39pm

16th Jun, 2018 - 7:03am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Explorer. says...

"Do you think, we could help them develop a steam powered harvester for crops, or a cotton mill"? Travis mutters with all the talk about farming.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 530

"I'm no engineer but I can usually figure out how stuff works, except when it comes to electronics, figuring out steam power should be much easier, make sure you got your pipes right, have relief valves to regulate pressure and you can direct that force where you need it, pistons, gears, much easier to figure out than diodes. The key is to ask yourself, what do you want it to do? Then work backwards from there to figure out the basics of what you need, then as Jason was saying, you're left with the fine details of how to make it work so you have just the right build. Now, something as big as a Cotton Gin? That would be a truly monumental task if you don't understand what's needed, but if Jason has a basic understanding of how it works, the rest should come."

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 530

"Good thinking Travis, but only if we can find a way to magically heat the system. Steam engines normally have a harsh hunger for coal and other combustibles. I promised myself and others that I'd do my best to leave the problems of our old world behind when it comes to technology. The dependence we had on fossil fuels is at the top of the list of things I won't willingly introduce."

"Fortunately in that regard, magic can solve many of the problems we faced when it comes to energy generation."

"Fire magic powered steam would be one way, but those suckers are complex and dangerous. If we can make a good battery system, I'd prefer to set up electrical motors. Much cleaner and easier to handle, much less maintenance required as well."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Jun, 2018 - 2:02pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.