3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 531 of 616

"Science class, is that what that is..?" - Page 531 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jun, 2018 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
16th Jun, 2018 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 531

The Learner says...

"You were speaking of Irrigation earlier, made me wonder if there would be a way to make a grain mill using the power of water, like they did all those years ago. I also wonder if there would be to harness the sun and wind for power at some point, that could be used for the harvester and cotton gin/mill. Be cleaner for the area as well, but just trying to get those item going is going to be a challenge in itself. Much less explaining it the farmers..I trail off as I continue to look around the area of the farms and beyond.

Vickie Results:
  • Search, Spot, Listen on D20 (+2): 6, 22, 17 (3 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"It's more than possible to harness solar power in many ways, considering the sun is the source of almost every kind of power that exists, short of nuclear or geothermal. Here in a magic-rich environment, we could easily harness magic to run steam engines, with something as basic as a constant heat metal spell, on command. Mill wheels could be turned by unseen servants. You could conjure winds to drive wind power. Magic is a shortcut compared to our technology. Electricity, however, is a boon because it's a safe way to transmit power or 'work' over long distances, using alternating current. Magic power plants, powering lights and heat in a whole village. What I'd like to get started on soon is a good method of drawing wire and coating it with non-conductive material for running power. Once we can do that, powering the whole settlement would be easy. Unfortunately, I never went into studies for how to make plastics beyond nylon, so I'm not sure what we'd coat it with cheaply. "

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I know how one can do this but you will haveto tell me how you are going to do it off the top of your head without looking it up to describe what you wish to do. If I feel it will work I will allow it otherwise it will not work.

You make it farther west into the deeper woods as you go before you start to move northwest and then north. So far nothing has appeared to challenge you. Is Rachel being a outrider and if so what is the marching order?

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 531 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Once we start the arc I fall back with patients to the middle of the group. Being in the front is good when we have a given Direction and know which way to expect activity from but when we ride we could divert into any direction in a moment's notice. I try to impart upon the group that if we need to ride to take action I'll take the front so they can give you the benefit of my charge.

Out of Character: I have a charge stance and maneuver ready once we run into trouble. The maneuver only works for me, and the charge stance only lasts until I change it out for iron guards glare.

Leading the Charge: +1 / Level to Damage on Charge. (+4)

Battle Leader's Charge (Strike): I do not trigger an attack of opportunity while charging and + 10 to damage to attack if it hits.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I scratch my chin as we ride on, "That's the tricky bit. If I recall right, the early insulators were glass and ceramics, not nearly as easy to work with after the line is set as rubber of course, but doable if we plan well. Silk and paper are also materials that we should be able to obtain, if not exactly in large quantities, or cheaply, and both have problems with water. Then of course there is natural rubber, but this is the wrong environment for rubber trees, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a substitute plant to show up around here."

"I seem to recall a few DIY rubber recipes, but the only one I can recall the ingredients for calls for silicone. That doesn't exactly help."

I stop and start to grin, "Varnish! They use the stuff as insulation for power transformers! It's mainly just resin, which we can get in abundance. I'd be willing to bet that a cloth wrapper soaked in the right resin mixture would make for a decent insulating barrier. We would have to play with the recipe, and the wrapper would definitely have to be thick, but I think it could work."

Out of Character: I think we'll keep the standard formation, save for Jonathan shifting as he describes, and Rachel and the elves taking turns as outlying scouts, two at a time.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Jun, 2018 - 10:08pm

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Drawing wire just takes some tapered rollers, so we can work that part out with enough resources. The insulation part needs to not be attractive to insects and other critters, even buried. Resin sometimes is an attractant, depending on the source plant. Something primitive that might work, at least until we solve the insulation material issue, is clay channels or parallel pipes around the bare wires.We could run pairs of wire into our homes and the power plant protected by resin, but underground needs to be protected. Anyways, it'll take a lot of effort to do. I'm tempted to create a magic spell to create plastic, once I have enough skill to do so. "

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 16th Jun, 2018 - 10:46pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 531

I take turns as an outrider scout with the elves. Hearing the guys discuss ways to bring higher technology to this world I smile and roll my eyes. I look at Vickie." Are you enjoying the science class? I need a drink." I grin at her before heading out again.

17th Jun, 2018 - 1:01am / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 531

The Learner says...

"Science class, is that what that is..?" I grin at Rachel as she heads to the front with some of the elves. I will continue to keep an eye out for items of interest and try and make small talk with the other elf teens.e.

Vickie Results:
  • Search, Spot, Listen on D20 (+2): 12, 8, 21, 22 (4 rolls)

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.