3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 550 of 616

"You know, you're right Jonathan. - Page 550 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 3:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

21st June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554  ...Latest (616) »
Posts: 4921 - Views: 99945
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2018 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 550

You break the seal and read the letter.

"Your esteemed highness"

I am sending this emissary to you as a way that we can talk as you seem to be in control of a area of land that I once pictured as mine. I have heard your influence is growing and that you have some powerful allies in your stronghold. I wish that we could meet and introduce ourselves to each other and maybe become allies.

The orcs I have chosen to carry out this diplomatic mission are to be trusted as they have proven themselves to be quite loyal. They will bring back any missive to me straightaway and I look forward to hearing from you so that we may be able to some past hostilities aside.

Merklin."

The M at the beginning of his name matches the signet ring and the seal.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I'll hand the letter over to the others to peruse, "Looks like we might have misunderstood the orcs intent here. But I don't think we need to shed tears."

"If I were to guess, I would assume this Merklin was behind the major attack from before. That failed, so they know the direct approach to be unwise. Now they're hoping to deal with us in more subtle ways. Damn, now I really wish we'd managed to keep some alive for questioning."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 23rd Jul, 2018 - 12:01am

23rd Jul, 2018 - 12:20am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Storyteller says...

I will consider the letter myself, before saying to the others, "It could very well be true that the area Lord Douglas landed on with his keep could have belonged to another." It seemed to make sense, yet continue by saying, "Still, if that army sent did belong to them, this person made the mistake of trying to wipe out the problem before talking. Which means I don't feel they could be trusted."



Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Page 550 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Upon hearing the contents of the letter I say "In the words of a famous space-time traveler from our world -'Oh, boy.'. Seems like we messed up a diplomatic mission, but you're right - no one who wants a diplomatic solution sends an army in first. I could see an issue if the Lord dropped his stronghold in some one else's territory, but you'd expect them to try scouting and communication for something so significant, first. Either way, we definitely have to report to the Lord now. He Could at least send a messenger group back and apologize for our accidentally slaughtering his peace party."

Out of Character: - KN is this just the second day out, or did we travel further? I seem to think it's only the second day since we started scouting.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

It is the morning of the third day. The second day is when you ran into the Orcs.

23rd Jul, 2018 - 2:04am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

Explorer. says...

Before resting up for the night, Travis, takes a quick look within the perimeter, for any different herbaceous plants. Consumes another ration, and sleeps.

After breakfast, the next day Travis meditates, to regain the summon monster spell 2, for his book.




He takes a look at the letter, "So much for diplomacy now, I agree with Grant, I think we should report back to Lord Douglas," Travis says.

"I might take this back also," He adds, while removing and pocketing a red arm band from one of the slain orcs.

Travis Results:
  • Search on D20 (+4): 8 (1 roll)
  • Apothecary on D20 (+4): 8 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 550

"Thanks for the offer. I wish the Head Orcs armor was magical and my size, I've been coveting some plate since I first got my training. If it's not more useful to grant I'll take it, but I can't promise to use it all the time. I'd have to give up my shield and use a sword not blessed by Bahamut. Meanwhile any extra damage Grant can do leads to him being able to heal himself more. It made the difference today, that's for sure."

-----------

Fully recovered I laugh heartily at Grant's joke. "I loved that show. Did you ever see the episode, the voyage home? I don't often cry for movies or shows, but, dayum. That was pretty intense."

----------

Even before realizing that the party of orcs was on a diplomatic mission I'd been curious about tracking where these guys came from. "As big as they are and on horseback, there's no way they didn't leave tracks. I suppose it's possible to find out where they came from, but I wouldn't head that way without seeing lord Douglas first and getting his input."

Attached Image Edited: fatebringer on 23rd Jul, 2018 - 3:09am

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 550

"You know, you're right Jonathan. I think swapping out sword and shield for Greatsword might be the better way to go. I may get hit a bit more, but the extra damage could make up for it. Jason, How about I swap my magic longsword for that big Cuisinart. I'm sure someone could make good use of it, as it's served me well."


 
> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.