3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 19 of 129

That is fine. And as I have informed Thomaslee, - Page 19 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th May, 2017 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 129 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 19

Out of Character: : I am highly interested in joining this game. Just a quick few question, if I may.

1) Can one adopt traits of the Dragon with all benefits and abilities there of, using either a template or feats?

2) If am able, I would like to discuss what is available as options.

3) Would I be matching to the current party level or would I be having to start at the base level 1?

4) It will be interesting to see how I can portray my overactive imagination, hopefully any thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Kn should answer soon, but might as well get some of this out of the way:
1. Can't answer this one

2. In theory, anything is available from any book, though Kntoran reserves final judgement, especially if things get too out of hand.

3. I believe the answer here is you'll be starting off at L1. However, believe it or not, the rest of the party is still at L1 (Though that will likely change on getting back from the current adventure), this game really just got started.

4. Overactive imagination? First thing that pops into my mind is a Totemist (Magic of Incarnum book). Basically its a guy who so admires magical beasts that he shapes a crude form of magic into imitating some of their physical attributes and abilities. Grow a manticore tail and fling spines for instance, wear a spectral copy of the hide of a blink dog and teleport instead of walking, etc.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th May, 2017 - 1:50am

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

No this is a game of you playing you as yourself. You will not start with any dragon abilities at all. How ever anything is possible under the right conditions if you find them in the game to change you to a totally different looking person than you right now.

Every one starts as a basic [New person] level one in this game. You imagination is what spurs a game on. You can ask anything and describe anything but remember first and formost this is a game of you playing you as who you are right now.

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 19 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Actually, that's why I asked. With the way I have lived I can actually see myself having the Dragontouched feat from dragon magic.

It will actually take me a bit to even start as I seem to need 15FP to build a character.

Also, this is the feat I was talking about.

Dragontouched
(Dragon Magic, p. 18)
[General]
You have a trace of draconic power, a result of dragons in your ancestry or a spiritual connection between you and the forces of dragonkind.
Prerequisite:
Charisma 11,
Benefit:
You gain the dragonblood subtype. You gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and a +1 bonus on saving throws against paralysis and sleep effects. In addition, you can select draconic feats as if you were a sorcerer of your character level.

Reconcile Edited: allencory on 25th May, 2017 - 3:26am

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Welp, for the time being, you can work up much of the details in posts in here, transfer the details to the official character sheet when you get the FP.

We used this as a guideline for establishing stats: Source 6c

You might want to explain why the real you would have such a connection to dragons that you feel it would manifest in this world in a tangible fashion.

P.S. Easiest way to earn the FP you need is to just find a few discussion topics you want to comment on. Posting in some sections of the forum earn FP faster than others.

25th May, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Storyteller says...

Out of Character: The idea being, that Allen feels that he has something of a spiritual connection to dragons. As he explained it to me is because he has the temper, patience, and not staying in one place, and even memories in connection to such.

Then there is Alaria, as he describes his draconic spirit though she is not part of the materia and is a spirit guide in the sense found among Native American tribes that he feels watches over him.

More, if has brought up the consideration that if allowed to take the feat, its effects won't come into play until later. It seems a fair enough idea, though I can understand if you feel it won't work KNtoran.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th May, 2017 - 3:50am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 19

I am not saying that it can not happen I am just saying that you come into this game as yourself. I allow things to manifest after you come to this world. I consider things and go from there. If he wants to come here as himself as he is now as a character that is what I want to get across. You will be in a whole new world and things work differently there. If everything is explained well enough why they want this I can work with them and go from there. Currently we have a druid who is still coming into her powers so anything like I said is possible. I do limit some stuff however.

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 19

That is fine. And as I have informed Thomaslee, I would be willing that such things be awakened.

It would seem we were on the right page after all.

Having them available wouldn't really have any effect on my character immediately anyways sense one would have to awaken/attune to the world first.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.