3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 4 of 129

I will need to read into the item familiar - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Apr, 2017 - 7:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 4

I have no issues with the gem activation's. The first one is ok the second one we will figure out soon. The third one it will be something you encounter in the new world as you have not met any creatures that you dislike yet.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I paid for some student bills by working as a ranch Hand, and as a result, have had more than enough of cows for one lifetime. tongue.gif There's a reason 'I' knew the smell of their excrement well enough to be relatively confident those things didn't just look like cattle.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You are no longer by yourself. Now we are just waiting on the other two. Who knows, maybe others will join still.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Apr, 2017 - 10:07pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Indeed, we shall see who joins in on the general state of confusion. And then we shall see what kind of havok we can kick up. biggrin.gif

P.S. Artificer is a relatively obscure class, so for those not familiar, once I get my hands on a steady supply of material to work with, I'll be a magic item producing machine. Before too long, I'll be able to outfit the entire party for combat with both temporary and permanent enchantments, and given a chance to set up production, can be a steady source of income for the group as well.

The cost in materials to get your buddy Jason to enchant something is only 37.5% of the default cost it would be to buy it from a vendor (Though it still costs me in XP and crafting time, lots of both when it comes to higher end items, so please don't take it for granted)

Also make a decent substitute for a rogue in regards to finding and dealing with traps and locks

Somewhat in exchange, I'm likely to have less to contribute in the middle of combat, at least until I get to where I can just craft a bunch of wands/schemas/scrolls and fire those suckers off the whole time while pretending to be a real mage, though I do have a couple of good crossbow tricks I can use until then.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:10am

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I wasn't sure what an artificer was so I looked it up previously. Thank you for the more detailed description. That class appears to be very interesting. So it appears that Jason will be ranged support as will Den. I'm making Rachel for melee especially when wild shape is available. Kit's cleric I'm not sure about yet. I can't tell whether she will be a melee cleric or more of a support type.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:42pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hoy fellow travelers, I have arrived. What say ye? Will'st thou join me in some witty repartee?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 4

I am going way overboard on planning out the next 20 levels for my artificer, most of which I am sure I'll never see. But I do have one query for when I hit level 3. What is your stance on the Item Familiar feat? Source 7i

I have an interest in it because it is the only way I know of to increase the rate at which xp is gained, which is of interest because I expect to be spending a fair amount of my xp crafting stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to use that to keep pace with everyone else rather than steadily falling behind.

The reason I ask, is because those things have horrible balancing issues. If the Dungeon Master never threatens the character with the loss of the Item Familiar, then the bonuses that can be gained from the thing are game changing, far more powerful than one should be getting from a single feat.

If on the other hand the Dungeon Master does cause the loss of the item familiar, a master that invested in the thing is worse off than he was before he took the feat, potentially to the point that they'd want to reroll the character, and there's no good way to recover from the loss.

Also wanted to know what kind of campaign pace I can expect. Even with the feat that reduces crafting time, higher end items take months to complete. In a fast paced campaign, like my 5E game, that means I'd have a hard time keeping up with demand after we graduate past minor items.

EDIT: Also, we spoke before on the subject of the rule allowing magic items to be improved rather than only replaced in regards to the other 3.5e game. You said you'd think about it. Given that the answer is going to affect me pretty seriously either way, I'd like to know.

I should note, that even if you override the default rule and say no, I have a rather compelling reason to ask for an exception with Bastion. Unlike other characters, he cannot simply take off his armor and replace it with something that has a better enchantment.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Apr, 2017 - 7:22pm

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

I will need to read into the item familiar feat and will let you know on it. As far as improving magical items. You can do it but you have to find a mage of high enough level to do the magic you want or have a mage in the party that is high enough to craft the item you want. The magic to improve a weapon, armor or other item can be quite costly at times. The up side is that you will be getting what you want out of it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (129) »

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.