3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 38 of 129

Douglas has a +1 ring of protection he will - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Aug, 2017 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 129 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 38

There is no one who can craft a masterwork ring to be able to make a +1 type of ring. There are two mages in the stronghold that can enchant a item and add magics to is to produce any ring but they would need the ring first.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

From the SRD, "However, only masterwork items may be enhanced to become magic armor and weapons. (Items that are not weapons or armor may or may not be masterwork items.)"

So far as I can tell, one could take a bit of tin wire, roll it into a loop, and enchant it as a fully functional magic ring without any problem.

It would probably be appropriate to require something at least a little more upscale than that, but a generic unornamented ring would do the trick by RAW.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Is it possible Douglas has something from his years adventuring he'd be willing to trade? A +1 magic ring to him would probably seem pedestrian at this point in his career.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 38 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

He will have to look in his private quarters to see if he has something that he would be willing to sale to the group.

Yes I am aware that a thin piece of wire can be twisted into a ring and called a ring. However most mages will not place spells on cheaply made items. Plus you have to remember the two mages here that can do this will make a final determination on what they enspell. SO maybe asking them would be wise too *smile*.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Very well, I have maxed out skill ranks in two related skills, would you allow me to make the attempt to craft a suitable ring if one cannot be obtained some other way? And yes, talking to the potential enchanters about this is on the list of things to do.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Right, haven't gotten much feedback, so here is my suggestion. In addition to the items on the previous page, I can make:
-1 Amulet of Natural Armor +1 for Rachel (750 gp)
-1 Bracers of Armor +1 for Ghost (Need to find a thin and light bracelet design Rachel can coax him into wearing, but that should be possible, 375 gp)
-1 Hat of Disguise or Badge of Valor for Thomas (675 gp or 525 gp)
-1 item of the same value as the Ring of Protection+1 I was hoping to trade for (750 gp)
-Money set aside for scroll/potion making (100 gp, may go up/down, still deciding on exact list)

This would leave us with a little over 1,200 gp we can play around with for things like the Elvish lessons. I tried to find something for Thomas as well, but he's already got a nice bow, and my second choice of Boots of elvenkind I can't make (Creator must be an elf) Any suggestions?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Aug, 2017 - 10:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 38

Jason, this sounds like a good plan for things we need. Are we going to make some concentric circle recons while you work on this stuff?

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

Douglas has a +1 ring of protection he will sale to you. What do you offer for it?

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.