3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 5 of 129

Indeed. We do have an item of concern though, - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 5

Much appreciated.

In this case, I'm most likely going to be the mage doing the upgrades (Or to be a bit more accurate, the guy doing UMD checks to fake being a mage to do the upgrades)

By default, the cost of improving a magic item is based on the difference between crafting the two different versions wholesale (IE, crafting cost of +2/+3 weapon: 4000/9000, crafting cost of upgrading +2 to +3: 5000). Is this what you meant, or did you have any additional tweaks in mind?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

That is the crafting cost but spells need to be involved too if I remember right unless you are crafting out of Mitheral which is naturally +2 but hard to work with unless trained and Adamantine which I believe is +3 naturally. Some star metal (From a meteor is naturally anywhere from +1 - +4. If you happen to find and get a hold of some Kur metal that starts off at a natural +5 to a +7 depending on its purity *smile* So crafting armor or weapons out of these various metals can cost a bit more but it is well worth it.

If you are wanting to craft wands and other magical devices then yes you will need the spells.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Level one Artificer ability explicitly allows me to craft items without access to the spells I'd normally need. (Which is a good thing, since in spite of being a magic item crafting class, I don't get true spells.)

Now, this same ability states that for every such spell I don't have, I must make a Use Magic Device check, with a DC of 20 plus the caster level of the spell in question. This check can be retried, once for each day of the crafting process (With one extra retry on the last day of work), but if I fail every time, the crafting process fails and the components are wasted.

(Note: this reliance on UMD checks is the big reason I mentioned low charisma was a handicap.).

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yeah I can see this being very interesting for you I will read up more on the Artificer so I understand it better as we go along *smile*.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Well one thing about this game ... We might only have 3 players currently but we are all very active along with our Dungeon Master. There are a lot of posts already for just starting out.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's because this is flipping awesome. I am having a great time being me! KN, you have developed this perfectly. What tension and you let us discuss things just the right amount. This is great role playing, well, kind of!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 5

I have been thinking of this since we first started discussing it. I have a strange mind at times and it takes me places few would understand. I can be in the light one minute and very dark another.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Indeed. We do have an item of concern though, there are just the three of us, and none of us are really suited to go on the front lines.

Give me another 5 levels, and if we somehow haven't been joined by someone by that point, I'll change out the feat I had in mind for then, and bloody well build us a substitute frontliner. A golem won't be as good as a true PC, and it would take a lot of money to keep it competitive, but it'd be able to take the hits for us all right.

But we have to find a way to make things work until then.

So… strategy discussion?

Crossbow is going to be my default go to for now, and depending on whether or not I have enough advance warning to apply a Bane infusion to the weapon, I'm going to go from great with it to only mediocre.

Support is my real game though, between making scrolls and spell storing infusions, I can supply you guys with any 1st level spell, on any spell list. Unfortunately, I can do so a lot less often than the people who could cast those spells naturally because it costs me xp and/or money every time I do it, and in most cases I will need at least a minute of advance warning. So yeah, while an awesome amount of flexibility, it needs to be saved for that one obscure spell that will save our arses, I can't keep up with true mages in terms of how often they cast per day.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (129) »

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.