3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 6 of 92

Since I'll be using a light crossbow - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Posted: 19th Apr, 2017 - 6:04pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 3 37 64 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

Kyrroeth
Premium
(+)
Rachel
Druid 4

Novice / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 6

Runner of trails says...

This is something I was thinking about as well. I'll try to keep the enemy off of you two for now. Hopefully I can help with the front line issue in a few levels. My plan is to go heavy with summon nature's allies for now. Once I hit level 5 I can use wildshape and should be pretty good at close range. It might be a bit rough until level 5. We shall see I suppose.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

Abnninja
3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yes, I'm more of a fire support guy as well. I felt that aligned more with my sniper training. I can fight in a pinch, but hitting from a distance is more my thing. We'll have to plan things out very carefully for a few levels. Also, I'll have fairly limited access from 1000-1500 EDT. I may be able to post but I'm not sure.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:10am

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

KNtoran
Diamond
(+)
GAME MASTER
ALL

Game Master ◀

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions RPGs PBP Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

Do not worry about when you can or can not post. I am sure we will wait for you. This is not about posting all the time. Plus once a day is enough.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Jason
L4 Artificer

Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Page 6 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Engineer says...

Another query, this time concerning the Rapid Reload feat, and the Quick Loading magic weapon property.

They both have the same effect on crossbows. They reduce the reload time on a heavy or great crossbow from a full action down to a move action, or the reload time on a light crossbow from a move action down to a free action.

The feat presumably does it by improving the speed of the reload routine with your hands, the weapon property does it by effectively giving the weapon a 100 bolt extra-dimensional magazine, meaning the reload routine is reduced only to drawing back the bowstring.

If the two were used in tandem, could a heavy or great crossbow be reloaded with a free action? Aside from not requiring that I stand still between shots, this would allow me to actually use any iterative attacks when my BAB finally hits 6+

Basically, for the long run, I am considering slapping a gnomish crossbow sight onto a great crossbow, and from there building it up into the closest I can get to a large semi-auto rifle suitable for medium range.

I cannot claim nearly as much experience with such weapons as Abnninja or Kntoran, but the primary airsoft gun I play with is a replica of a Mk14 EBR, and replicating the feel and function of that as much as I can here would be quite amusing. It also rather fits my focus on using real world knowledge to our advantage in this world.

Great crossbow (Complete Warrior I think) is an exotic version of the heavy crossbow, deals 2d8 damage. Yes, it will take a feat to get proficiency, but unlike Abn, it would already cost me a feat to get access to the more traditional choice of a composite longbow, so….

EDIT: nope, Races of Stone, not Complete Warrior.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 19th Apr, 2017 - 4:25pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran
Diamond
(+)
GAME MASTER
ALL

Game Master ◀

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Ignoble says...

I will have to double check those feats to see if the stack. If they do not stack together then no. But let me look into it more later and I will get back with you on that. It is a very good idea. One that many may not have thought about *smile*.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Jason
L4 Artificer

Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

The Engineer says...

To reduce the time you need to spend hunting on my behalf:

Rapid Reload is an SRD feat, should be able to look it up with a simple search

Quick Loading is a +1 cost magic weapon enchantment, it is found on the bottom of page 41 of the Magic Item Compendium.

Unless I missed something, neither of them mention whether or not they stack. There is no mention at all of what happens if one is applied to a heavy crossbow that has already had its reload speed improved. Hence the query.

EDIT Oh, and while I'm listing things for your reference, Gnome crossbow sight is a nonmagical item listed in the arms and equipment guide, page 36. It causes targets to be treated as though they were two range increments closer (So attach one to the great crossbow mentioned before, and I could hit out to 360' without penalty, with reduced penalties for farther targets. If I find that kind of 'long' range action particularly useful, I might even pick up the Far Shot feat as well, to bring base range increments from 120' to 180', and be able to shoot at a range of around 2000' at the extreme).

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:34pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran
Diamond
(+)
GAME MASTER
ALL

Game Master ◀

Page 6 3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions

Ignoble says...

I am not in a place where I can open my books for now. Will have to wait a few hours but I will look into it.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja
A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 6

Since I'll be using a light crossbow and have the feat I am definitely going to look into the Gnome crossbow sight. That might help a bit with our lack of a tank. We could soften up an enemy for a bit before we come into contact. Plus, it meshes well with my sniper training… merging the old Den with the new Den.

Post Date: Fri Apr 20, 2018 - 10:42:53 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We rest 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions to share a message from one historian to you:
HistoricToday is: 20th April (GMT), in history on the 20th of April, 1969 AD the following birth happened:
Takayuki Kobori: Hockey defenseman (Team Japan 1998)

Guest please SHARE: "3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions" on:

Sponsored Links:

Topics like "3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Dice Options: Need Dice Help?

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 1.9 Day(s) Ago
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Trans 2.6 Days Ago
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Abelard 2.7 Days Ago
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 3 Days Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 6th Apr, 2018 - 2:59am
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By Chaser 10th Mar, 2018 - 3:09pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 20th Sep, 2017 - 3:44pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm