3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 7 of 129

Ok on researching the crossbow I will allow - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Apr, 2017 - 11:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 129 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 7

It is up to you Abn, and I recognize that it suits your prior training, but you'd get better damage output from a composite longbow, and unlike me, won't have to spend feats or the like for the privilege of using it properly.

If focused on sniping, I don't think there's an equivalent for the crossbow sight with standard bows. But swap rapid reload out for Far Shot, and use a Dragonbone longbow (Not nearly as expensive as it sounds), and right away you're working with 180' range increments, while adding your strength modifier to damage. Let me slap a Distance enchantment on there, and that doubles to range increments of 360', better than I can manage with less investment.

You can further improve this with swiftwing arrows, cheap nonmagical ammo which halves the penalty for firing past the first range increment.

All that still leaves you a feat ahead of me, which could be spent on Able Sniper for instance, which grants bonuses both to hit a flat footed target and remain hidden afterwards.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Apr, 2017 - 6:38pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Daishain,

Thanks. Believe me, I thought about this long and hard but I decided I wanted to be true to… me. Also, it takes me using a feat on Point Blank Shot before I can get to Far Shot. I'm going to stick with what I have and be true to Den. I think the feats I chose better depict me… although they aren't optimum use of my feats.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

More than fair enough, just figured I'd mention it. We can be crossbow masters together! tongue.gif

Any interest in going for the Great Crossbow along with me, or just planning on sticking with light? Major damage boost if the reload time problem is resolved.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:07pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I'm glad you two are working out what to do for combat. My plan is to use a club, cast shillelagh and hope for the best. Archery is out of the question with being a near sighted Druid. This should be interesting. If we get to Level 3 we should be okay.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Well, it looks like Nightlain might be joining us after all, with a rapier wielding cleric. So you wouldn't be alone up there.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is great news. She would be a huge help. Clerics can be better than fighters in melee in 3.5.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 7

Kyrroeth,

When… when we reach third level.

Daishain,

Yeah, I'd go the GCB over the LCB if the ROF could be overcome. Heck, even if it's close. To do otherwise would be like a sniper turning down a .50 BMG M-107 sniper rifle to keep a .308 NATO M-21 system. With the M-21 I can reach out to 800 meters. With the Barret I can touch you at double that.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

Ok on researching the crossbow I will allow it but to be able to add in the quick loading you have to have the feat of craft magic weapon feat before you are able to to do the Quick loading on a crossbow since it is a 100 round bolt magic magazine. Other wise I see no issue with combined Rapid reload and Quick loading.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.