3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 72 of 129

I did say I was using an infusion to cast - Page 72 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 129 pgs.  68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 72

You would not need a saddle for him he will move smoothly and make sure you are not going to fall off his back. As far as barding you will not want to hamper his movement so light armor barding such as leather is what you would want.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Or a natural armour boost item, rather than physical material. With the crafting that Jason can do, as long as we provide him with time, materials and items he can vampirically suck XP from, we can equip Ghost and others quite well.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I have bracers of armor on the todo list for him, which could eventually provide as much protection as full plate, but with all of the interruptions it might be a while.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 72 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The way I read it at least, I can use artificer's knowledge with the monocle, OR I could just cast detect magic since I have 5 ranks in K arcana, since the odds of passing all the checks are pretty low, I went ahead for the easier option and cast the spell. I'll go ahead and roll for you though. I'm not sure how many items there are, so just rolling a whole bunch. DC 15 for each check.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:07pm

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yes I understand that but accordingly this is what it says for the monocle Putting on a monocle is a standard action.
While wearing an artificer's monocle, when­ ever you successfully use your artificer knowledge class feature (ECS 31) to detect an item's magical aura or you cast detect magic and have at least 5 ranks of Knowl­ edge (Arcana), you can spend 1 additional minute studying the item. If you do, you can identify the abilities of that item as if you had cast identify upon it.

Thus the reasons for the rolls You still have to use it successfully.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Note the structure of the OR statement there. Successful Artificer's Knowledge check OR DispelMagic +having5ranksKarcana yields the desired result. There's no roll check mentioned with the latter, but it does require that resource expenditure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 72

Yes it does say when wearing it but are you casting detect magic? If so how many?

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 72

I did say I was using an infusion to cast detect magic, it should last long enough to last through the entire process.

If you're implying that I need to cast it once per each item, I'm not sure about that one, but I guess if need be I'd be casting it as many times as I fail the above checks.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.