3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 73 of 129

I suspect most of the more powerful officers - Page 73 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Dec, 2017 - 2:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 129 pgs.  69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 73

I just wished to be clear. You will be able to get the items identified.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Welp, three passes three failures in the first six rolls. I think there were sixish items, for some reason I'm having trouble remembering. Just let me know.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I have the items listed out and will place what you have found out shortly in the main game thread.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 73 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, if the guard towers can't be properly manned, I have a backup idea, but it requires a Dungeon Master ruling.

I'll be able to make various kinds of homunculi shortly, some of which make excellent sentries. The catch is, the loss of a homunculi causes damage to its master, making having more than a handful running around extremely dangerous. (A fire in the wrong place killing ten means I could be on the other side of the planet and suddenly take 20d10 damage!)

Normally, making a homunculus involves a pint of the creator's blood and makes a creature devoted to said creator.

My question is, if another person is willingly involved, whose blood gets donated, could I make a homunculus bound to someone else?

The idea being, create a half dozen or so expeditious messengers (They look like flying lemurs and make excellent messengers and scouts) bound to an equal number of guards. Said critters stand watch in a perimeter around the keep, flying in to report anything out of the ordinary. They're constructs, so they don't ever get tired, and they obey perfectly.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Dec, 2017 - 5:18pm

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Currently that is not needed unless you wish to do this. If you go to the top of the towers you can see you have more than enough clear vision to the south and west to see things coming. To the eat and the North is another matter. This is why the lord had you patrolling and heading to the North.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The stronghold got surprised by a 2,000 strong army in the middle of the day. Advance warning came, but not in time for everyone to get in without conducting a fighting retreat outside of the walls, or for defenders to properly prepare.

To my thinking, that means there is serious need for some kind of upgrade to the way things are set up. Watchers stationed on a perimeter ten miles or so out could've given warning so we could have people inside the walls with an hour or more left for defenders to prep a nasty welcome.

As to the lord sending us north and west before other directions, that makes sense, but we're not really helping with this kind of threat. We're not out there every day, and while we could eventually clear out semi sedentary problems for miles around, we can very easily be patrolling the wrong area to notice such an army, not patrolling at all, or get caught by said army before we can return to the stronghold.

So yes, if the lord is willing to invest the resources in an early warning system, I'd be lending my efforts to it.

Of course the point is moot until we level up if I have to go the homunculi route. And it is likewise moot if I can't make homunculi bound to people other than myself.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 73

I will have to look it up but most people would not be willing to have a construct out there that can be killed and have them take serious damage. The Lord is working towards better defenses but so far most things are taking some time as the area is settled more and more.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 73

I suspect most of the more powerful officers around here could take 2d10 damage without much problem. I can understand not being happy about it, but the risks can be mitigated by ordering the thing to take precautions. They're small, stealthy, flight capable, and fast. The odds of there being a problem are pretty low, and in the meantime, the benefits of having good intel can easily be lifesaving.

The buggers I'm talking about are in the Eberron Campaign setting book if you need a reference.

In any case, even if they refuse the idea, I could still use an answer to the question of whether I can make a homunculus with a master other than myself, as it may come up later.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Dec, 2017 - 2:20pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.