3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 94 of 129

Due to the fact that a factorum does not gain - Page 94 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th May, 2018 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 129 pgs.  90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 94

Only issue I see Grant is that you have to be 5th level to get access to a third level spell Since you and not at fifth level you would not be able to craft wondrous items.
The craft wondrous items feat requires the spell caster level of 3rd as in 3rd level spells.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 17th May, 2018 - 7:44pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I'll leave that up to KN to determine, then. It's a good magic item to have in combat, moving 2x and all the jumping bonuses.
Per your P.S. I didn't want to comment at first, but as a GoT fan, it seems derivative. biggrin.gif.

KN, What 3rd level spell? Expeditious retreat is Wiz 1 and so is the Jump spell. I actually don't get access to 3rd level spells as a Factotum until 8th level. I have Craft Wondrous Feat and my CL is equal to my level.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 17th May, 2018 - 7:43pm

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I have added this to the SRD of this ruling so everyone understands. The Prerequisites for the crafting items level is equal to the required spell level needed to craft thus 3rd is 3rd level spells, 5th is 5th level spells 7th is access to 7th level spells. And so on. I know there is a lot of debate on this in all the message boards and I have found myself following the spell level and not the caster level or you will have low level casters creating some powerful items when they could not cast the actual spells.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 94 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, but how does that work when there are items that have a CL of 12 or higher? There are no spell levels of that magnitude. That's why RAW talks about Caster Level being the total caster levels of the creator, not the levels of spells they can cast.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The higher levels we will discuss once people get to that level But for now to you must have access to 3rd level spells for a CL3 fourth level for a CL4 fifth level for a CL 5 and so on.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'll have to choose a different Feat then, because my class never gets spells high enough to create anything serious. Jason, you'll need to review this as well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 94

Kn, this is incorrect. Caster level and spell level are not the same thing. A third level wizard has a CL of 3. That doesn't mean he can cast 3rd level spells, just that all effects based on CL, including when one qualifies for feat prereqs, use that number.

Now, the crafter must still have the cl needed for the particular item and the spell it involves, but that's different. Grant qualifies for craft wondrous, he just can't craft something involving a spell level higher than 2 right now.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 94

Due to the fact that a factorum does not gain levels or caster levels as a normal mage would his 3rd level still be considered caster level 3? This is a issue I have right now Thus the create wondrous items prerick not being met.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.