3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 96 of 129

Potions are always single use items. I am - Page 96 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jun, 2018 - 12:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 129 pgs.  92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2018 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 96

I have no issues with swapping things out as needed but if in combat then it will take at least three rounds and leave you open to AOO if present. Having multiple magical items is always a plus but if the book says it take a bit of time to accustom to you then it will.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jun, 2018 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I might offer consideration that for those skilled in Sleight of Hand or with high Dexterity that they might be able to equipped items more quickly or get them in hand.

That if they're able to pass a Sleight of Hand or Dexterity check of a certain difficulty, mattering the item or action with it, they could possibly pulled if off in less turns.

Like how the best magicians of can pull of sleight of hand without anyone noticing or in a blink of an eye. For example, I could see some people being able to slip on a ring without anyone noticing or before anyone can react or switch items they have in hand even in battle.

Just a thought for consideration.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Jun, 2018 - 8:15pm

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2018 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

No you still have to take them off and put them away and put new ones on. Sleight of hands is more for fooling a person or persons not for removing and switching out necklaces or rings.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2018 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 96 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Two things, 1 and other games I've played we've had a dedicated ring finger to indicate where the active magic ring would be, and we were just swap them between fingers which would not require to retrieve them from bags Etc. And second what about Feats like the one I have (Quick Draw)? Could that affect any equipment swap turnaround time?

In the first case I believe a full round action should be enough to swap two rings next to each other by using a move and standard action.

I would cede to the Dungeon Master that the feat is specifically designed for weapons, but it still made me think.

Reconcile Edited: fatebringer on 9th Jun, 2018 - 4:44am

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2018 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

You can only have one ring on each hand to achieve the magical effects from it if you have more than on ring on a hand they cancel each other out and you will receive no magic from them. It does not matter what finger you place the ring on and retrieval of a ring is much different than drawing a weapon as in quick draw. Most people keep their magical rings in a pocket or pouch inside their back back not on their belt like a sword or back as in a bow for quick Access. So quick draw will not work and only one ring per hand.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2018 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Further to the creation of magic items in your universe, KNtoran, if I made an item that only worked once with a level 1 typical 10 min/lvl spell (At CL1), it would normally have a base cost of 75 GP. (Please check me on this, Jason!), which means 38 GP materials and 3 XP. Are there any other mods I should apply to work out costs on items I'd like to build this way? It seems cheap to be able to produce a stack of items I'd pull out when I need them, even if they are only limited to single uses. My vision is to follow the Factotum style and have a lot of magic items to use instead of being a full caster, having to pull them out of where ever when not in combat.
The same item, if made into a daily use item, would cost 600 GP base, 300 GP materials and 24xp. These both would be body slot items.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 10th Jun, 2018 - 2:11am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2018 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 96

Single use item, level 1 spell, CL1, would be 25 gp if a spell completion item (Activated like a scroll), or 50 gp if use activated (Activated like a potion)

The same spell, still CL1, set up as a 1/day command word item, would be 360 gp. It doesn't take many potions made for the permanent version to become more efficient. Same item, if set up to not use a body slot, would be 720 gp.

If you need multiple uses per day, but don't expect to use it daily, something set up like a wand would be most cost efficient.

So I guess what I'm getting at, is that the most efficient setup depends heavily on the nature of the spell. Is it something that you will only use once in a blue moon (IE comprehend languages)? Something that is always useful (Magic circle of protection vs evil)? Or something that will never see use for months, but then you're casting constantly? (Detect Undead).

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2018 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 96

Potions are always single use items. I am not one to allow someone to have a ever full healing potion or other potion. Some of them can be multiple use Items but you would have to have access to a permanent spell.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.