Joseph Smith Manual

Joseph Smith Manual - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Aug, 2014 - 8:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Joseph Smith Manual
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2008 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith Manual

RS/MP Lesson 16: "Revelation and the Living Prophet" (Joseph Smith Manual)
Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

A number of historical facts open this lesson, collectively painting up a picture of how much access the saints had to the revelations of the Prophet up until the publication of the first edition of the Doctrine and Covenants in 1835. I think they more or less stand, though, without comment, so I will turn [...]
Source: Feast upon the Word Blog

Joseph Smith Manual
Joseph Smith Manual (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2014 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Manual Smith Joseph

I have struggled sense the church went to this new format to read the lesson before Sunday. What is strange about this is I like to try to read what I can from past prophets, but for some reason reading the priesthood (Joseph Smith) manual never crosses my mind.

With that said, I guess I expect at least somewhat the use of the manual in the Lesson on Sunday. But lately I have found it strange that except for topic of the lesson, the teach never even reads much if anything from the manual. I don't know it is because the topic is tough to cover and trying to bring it more to the modern day. Or the teacher doesn't want to bore us so we don't read much. I do like the discussion we have about the topic. But by the end of the lesson I have no idea what Joseph Smith's thoughts or teachings where...

So, how much does this manual get used? Would you like it used more often, or less often? Honestly for me, I would almost like to just read around 50% of the manual in the class. If people have something to talk about, then do it. If not, then keep reading!

31st Jul, 2014 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith Manual Studies Doctrine Mormon

Interesting because I noticed the same thing. Kind of concerns me at times when I hear a lot of opinion but little about what the manual actually says. I think the manual is supposed to be used as a guide, having said that a balance is what is needed in my view.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2014 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Manual Smith Joseph

Name: Isaiah

Comments: I teach Priesthood and I do not use the manual that much. (If I had it my way I would not use it at all. ) Personally I keep the topic and the sub heading as my outline, but I find the quotes to be little use and difficult to teach from. I also find that the manual seems to repeat the lessons very frequently. They put different names on the lessons, but it is the same 4-5 themes that the re-cycle through: obedience, sustaining your leaders, being valiant, to name a few. This makes it difficult to teach because I feel I have given the lessons over and over. I also assume that the class had read the lesson, so I do not spend much time on the written material, unless something jumps out. Typically someone will bring up a quote from the manual which is fine.

> TOPIC: Joseph Smith Manual

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,