Hurricane Harvey - Page 4 of 4

Temperatures are rising because of global - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th May, 2018 - 5:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  Hurricane Harvey
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hurricane Harvey - Page 4

Irma's approach, Harvey's impact heat up climate change debate. There is abundant scientific evidence that our fossil fuel emissions made Harvey much more destructive. Source 4d.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Yes, I read this article and the one beneath it and what I know for sure is that nothing is for sure… at least not yet. I think climate change helped fuel Harvey and is helping fuel Irma, but even the experts aren't ready to definitively come to that conclusion.

6th Sep, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey History & Civil Business Politics

Whatever the cause of Irma being the magnitude she is, it's appalling for the poor folks that will be in it's path. This is the second biggest hurricane on record, and records have been going a long time. I know that the eye is currently moving over Barbuda, and headed for the British Virgin Islands, then eventually towards Florida. I just hope people have been able to make whatever precautions and preparations they can .

I know that on hurricane Alex was bigger, in 2016, with sustainable winds of around 190mph, compared to Irma's 185mph, although gusts have been reaching upwards of 215mph!

Sadly though, as Ninja says, there is no definitive proof to back these "Scientific" claims as both sides of the argument always present compelling arguments for one way or the other. I really wish they could prove it one way or another. In fact I sincerely do wish they find that fossil fuel emissions are to blame, perhaps then the world will actually start to take the situation more seriously and look to moving away from those poisons more quickly and urgently than the current impetus being shown… thoughts and best wishes to those caught up in this hurricane.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 6th Sep, 2017 - 1:45pm

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2018 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Harvey Hurricane

Unprecedented psychological distress months after Hurricane Harvey. Four months after Hurricane Harvey soaked the Houston area and displaced more than a third of the population, an alarming 52 percent of Harris County residents said they were still struggling to recover. Source 7s.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2018 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Harvey Hurricane

Hurricane Harvey: Most fatalities occurred outside flood zones, Dutch-Texan research shows. Scientists found that most Houston-area drowning deaths from Hurricane Harvey occurred outside the zones designated by government as being at higher risk of flooding: the 100- and 500-year floodplains. Harvey, one of the costliest storms in US history, hit Texas on Aug. 25, 2017, causing unprecedented flooding and killing dozens. Source 2o.

Post Date: 12th May, 2018 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey

Record-breaking ocean heat fueled Hurricane Harvey. Record-hot Gulf of Mexico waters supercharged Hurricane Harvey, fueling it with vast stores of water and setting the stage for devastating flooding after it stalled near Houston. Source 3i.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th May, 2018 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey - Page 4

Temperatures are rising because of global warming so this could mean that the next hurricane season could launch more Harvey type hurricanes.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hurricane Harvey

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,