Hurricane Harvey - Page 2 of 4

With Harvey still weakening we may see him - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  Hurricane Harvey
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey - Page 2

Yes I am sitting here in my home office watching the Weather channel as harvey comes on shore shortly just north of Corpus Christi. I hope that those that live in that are get out of there but still hear reports of people still trying to leave.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Yeah, any that stay behind that are close to shore, or God forbid on the barrier islands, are seriously risking their lives. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I'm not that crazy. Although once in my youth and stupidity as a young paratroop in the 82nd I did drive to Sicily Dropzone because there was a report of a tornado landing there and I wanted to see it.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hurricane Harvey History & Civil Business Politics

Hurricane Harvey made landfall Friday night between Port Aransas and Port O'Connor, Texas. Because it is expected to come to a near halt inland, Harvey could drop as much as 40 inches of rain in some places, and up to 30 inches in others, by Wednesday.

The Category 4 storm made landfall with winds of 130 mph, the National Hurricane Center said.

Harvey is the first Category 4 hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Hurricane Charley in 2004.

The storm is pounding the Texas coast and its millions of residents, knocking down trees, power poles and signs, and flooding streets with torrential rains.

The hurricane center warns that some areas will see storm surges of up to 13 feet and large, destructive waves.

"Texas is about to have a very significant disaster," said Brock Long, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Page 2 Harvey Hurricane

The fact that it is now nearly 9 am in Texas and it is still a strong level 1 hurricane with winds of 80 MPH. This is still a dangerous storm as it has nearly stalled out and just sitting there bringing rain for the southern Texas area. With a stationary front keeping it from moving out of the area until later this week I can see this being a serious flooding threat for the area.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Yes, the flooding is going to be tremendous. They are now upping the rain total to 40" and that is absolutely amazing to me. To put that in perspective that would be between 200" to 400" of snow depending on how wet the snow is. That is more than 17 feet of snow at one time.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey

I would rather have the snow than the rain but that is just me. I love snow. Yes Now tropical Storm Harvey is weakening but there is a lot of damage being reported. It will be a bit of time before the clean up can begin.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey - Page 2

Yeah, but that much snow would be deadly… just as that much rain is. And when it all melted it would be nearly as catastrophic as what's happening there now. My prayers go out to the people down there.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

With Harvey still weakening we may see him sticking around more now that there is another storm developing off the south east coast of the US. IF that storm coming into shore and keeps Harvey sitting where it is or just a bit more to the east then we will have the lower part of the states being flooded like Texas is currently.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hurricane Harvey

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,