Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation

Abnninja' S D 5e Greek Campaign Character - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Aug, 2017 - 5:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
PBP Greece Dungeons and Dragons Dungeons & Dragons 5e
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Current active players: 7
Currently open seats: 1

Main Thread
Q&A

New characters will begin play at level 3. You are free to multiclass using the normal rules detailed in the PHB either from the beginning or during the course of play. I reserve the right to reject any submission that appears to be built to be a powerhouse at the expense of being an actual character.

History: Please include a well written background and character profile. The traits, flaws, etc. Listed in 5E’s background section can be an excellent starting point for such. But feel free to use or not and make up your own. I reserve the final say so as iterate through this process. Character creation should be part of the fun, so let's not overlook that aspect.

Generating Ability Scores: These characters are truly above the norm. We will be using the point buy system but you have 29 points to use rather than 27.

Generating HP: Your first level is maximum HP + your Constitution modifier. From there you can use the average method rounded up or take a risk, and roll for their health in here. Be prepared to live with the results if you choose the latter.

Starting Gear: Characters start with their normal starting gear and funds +100 gold. I will also allow each character to have one rare magic item or two uncommon magic items. Again, I have to okay these. We can discuss importing from Dungeons & Dragons 3.5.

Backgrounds: Backgrounds are generally freeform. While I suggest starting with an existing background that fits and tweaking from there, you are free to choose 2 skills, 2 tools, an equipment set, and a feature. Just be prepared to justify those choices to me if they don’t seem to make sense given your character history/traits. You are likewise free to make up a new background feature, but bear in mind that features are for indirect social/fluff/plot advantages, not direct skill/combat. I will reject the latter type outright.

Source Material: Material from all official sourcebooks is available for use in Character Creation and advancement. In particular, the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide, Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and the Dungeon Master’s Guide offer new options not found in the PHB. The EEPC is legally available for free as a PDF, the others are not. However listings and general descriptions of what can be found within can be perused online. I can pass on needed details so long as you have a means for me to do so privately.

Material from Unearthed Arcana articles may also be available on request pending review and editing. The revised Ranger class is the Ranger used in this campaign as it is presented in the UA.

Adjustments to other character options:

- No winged option are available at start for characters.

- Everyone will speak Greek and either the language of the society they come from if other than Hellenic or pick one. Since I am limiting languages everyone will get one additional skill proficiency that they can choose and one tool. Alternately, you can choose to gain expertise in one skill rather than gaining an additional skill. Those that already have expertise, such as a 3rd level Bard can gain double expertise, making your character truly a master of one skill. Choose this option wisely.

Step 1: Choose a Race:
As per the list located below. Remember to add all racial modifiers and proficiencies.

Step 2: Choose a Class:
All classes found in the Players Handbook are available character options. Please check the list located below to ensure the class you chose is available from the homeland you chose. Per the list located below. Remember to add all class ralted modifiers and proficiencies.

Here is a list of possible starting locations, the races that could come from them, and the preferred classes.

Sparta: Human, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Half Orc, High Elf - Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Warlock
Athens: Human, Halfling, High Elf, Half Elf - Bard, Cleric, Paladin, Rogue, Wizard
Thebes: Human, Halfling, Gnome, Half Elf, Tiefling - Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Rogue, Sorcerer
Macedonia: Human, Dwarf, Half Orc, High Elf, Gnome - Barbarian, Cleric, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer
Celtic Tribes: Human, Wood Elf, Half Elf, Gnome, Halfling - Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Ranger, Warlock
Germanic Tribes: Human, Wood Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling - Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Ranger, Rogue
Persia: Human, Drow Elf, Tiefling, Half Elf - Bard, Cleric, Monk, Paladin, Wizard
Aegyptus: Human, Elf (Any), Dragonborn, Tiefling - Cleric, Fighter, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Rome: Human, Wood Elf, Dwarf, Half orc - Barbarian, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer
Syracuse/Sicily: Human, Tiefling, Dragonborn, Gnome, Elf (Any) - Bard, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock
Greek Asia Minor: Human, Half Elf, Elf (Any), Gnome, Halfling - Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer
Crete: Human, Half Orc, Dragonborn, Drow, Tiefling - Barbarian, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock
Thrace: Human, Half Orc, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Half Elf - Barbarian, Bard, Ranger, Sorcerer, Warlock
Amazons: Human, High Elf, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Half Elf - Bard, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Wizard

Remember, you appear human in every aspect, you have simply taken on the game attributes of the race in question.

Any other city/civilization from this time you can convince me to add and why and this will not be an easy task considering how much work I put into the list above.

Step 3: Determine Ability Scores:
We will be using the variant point buy rule to generate ability scores. You have 29 points to spend on your ability scores; reference the Ability Score Point Cost found in the Player’s Handbook on page 13.

Step 4: Describe Your Character:
This is where you flesh out character history and character notes.

Step 5: Choose Equipment:
This is where you list your character's starting equipment. Remember some restrictions apply due to starting in antiquity.

Below you will find a suggested format for completing your character sheet. Areas like character name, title, equipment, magic/powers are self-explanatory, but it may be helpful to include the character’s level in character class for example Fighter-1 or Fighter 1:

Character Combat Info
Hit points (Current/total); Armor Class; Initiative; Passive Perception; Primary weapon stats (I.e. Longsword +5 atk / 1d8+1 Piercing Dam.)

Character History
Brief background and history of the character. The character’s background taken from the book may be listed here or in the character notes (Hermit, soldier, noble, etc.)

Character Notes
Character’s background (Hermit, soldier, noble, etc) may be listed here along with Ideals, Personality Traits, Bonds, Flaws and any other miscellaneous notes

Character Equipment & Character Storage
Equipment that the character currently has on his/her person should go into Character Equipment while gear/equipment that they are not currently carrying should go in character storage along with a note regarding where the item is being stored.

Character Stats
Character race, Ability scores and modifiers (Strength, Dexterity, Con, Int, Wisdom, Charisma); skills and saving throws; Proficiencies, Traits, racial and class abilities. You may also choose to place the information from Character Notes here instead. You may choose to list your weapons and their stats here as well.

Below is my preferred format for completing your character sheet. Areas like character name, title, equipment, magic/powers are self-explanatory, but please include the character’s level in character class for example Fighter-1 or Fighter 1:

Character Combat Info:
Hit points (Current/total); Armor Class; Initiative; Passive Perception; Primary weapon stats (I.e. Longsword +5 atk / 1d8+1 Piercing Dam.); Saving throws

Character History:
Brief background and history of the character. The character’s background taken from the book may be listed here or in the character notes (Hermit, soldier, noble, etc.)

Character Notes:
Character’s background (Hermit, soldier, noble, etc.) may be listed here along with Ideals, Personality Traits, Bonds, Flaws and any other miscellaneous notes

Character Equipment & Character Storage:
Equipment that the character currently has on his/her person should go into Character Equipment while gear/equipment that they are not currently carrying should go in character storage along with a note regarding where the item is being stored.

Character Stats:
Character race, ability scores and modifiers (Strength, Dexterity, CON, INT, Wisdom, Charisma); saving throws; traits, racial and class abilities.

Also include skills and proficiencies and expertise here. This is important. If it isn't listed here it doesn't exist so please make sure you have this here.

You may choose to list your weapons and their stats here as well.

Running list of active characters:
Tellias Syntomo
Manos Ferrytrail
Briadia
Brathark
Elymas
Niklaus
Photokles
Keitha

Retired Characters:

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 5th Oct, 2017 - 4:44pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I will get my character going and hopefully post him in the thread here tomorrow.

Rather off topic, but...
I am having some serious issues tonight so may not post much at all.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Name: Manos Ferrytrail
Race: Human (Variant Human Traits)
Class: Wizard Lv 3
Alignment: CG
Languages: Greek and Persian

Character Combat Info:
HD: 3d6+2
Hit points: 20/20
Armor Class: 10
Initiative: +0
Passive Perception: 13

Primary Weapon: Unarmed +5 atk / 1d4+3 Bludgeoning Dam., if attack hits, can use bonus action to grapple.

Secondary Weapon: Improvised Weapon +5 atk (+2 if thrown) / 1d4+3 Varying Dam. (1d4 if thrown, 20ft normal range / 60ft long range), if attack hits, can use bonus action to grapple.

Grapple (Strength. Athletics) +6 VS Strength. Athletics or Dexterity. Acrobatics

Quarterstaff +5 atk / 1d6+3 Bludgeoning Dam., Versatile 1d8+3 Bludgeoning Dam.

Character History:
Born a son of Athens, Manos spent his childhood enjoying the culture and craftsmanship of his home. He took up his father's trade as a Wagon-maker and wheelwright and later joined the guild.

His free time was often spent with his mother's brother Torgo, a retired soldier of Sparta. Though his uncle showed him many combat maneuvers, he learned more from the tavern brawls that they would inevitably get into.

When magic made it's way into the world a few years back, Manos was surprised to be one of the lucky few to receive the gift. He has focused and learned how to apply spells that can aid him with both his craft and his occasional brawls.

His crafting skills have allowed him to travel and live comfortably and have currently led him to Sparta. He hopes to practice his skill and make a bit of coin before moving on.

Character Notes:
Background: Guild Artisan

Guild Business: Wagon-makers and wheelwrights

Characteristics: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.

Idea: Aspiration - I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.

Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.

Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.

Character Equipment:
Quarterstaff (A dinged and scratched up walking stick)
Arcane focus (A crystal that has been added to his carpenter's hammer)
Explorer's Pack
Spellbook (Filled with more hay than spells)
Carpenter's Tools
Folding Boat (Family Relic)
A letter of introduction from the guild
A set of traveler's clothes
A pouch containing 115gp

Character Storage:
Explorer's Pack (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50ft of hempen rope)

Character Stats:
Ability Scores and Modifiers:
Strength: 16 +3
Dexterity: 10
Con: 14 +2
Int: 16 +3
Wisdom: 12 +1
Charisma: 8 -1

Skills:
Athletics +5
Arcana +5
Insight +3
Investigation +5
Perception +3

Feat:
Tavern Brawler

Saving throws:
Int. +5
Wisdom. +3

Weapon Prof: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, improvised weapons.

Tool Prof: Carpenter's Tools +4 (Expertise)

Traits:
Spellcasting:
3 Cantrips
4 1st lv slots
2 2nd lv slots
Spell DC: 13
Spell Att: +5

Spells Known:
Cantrip:
Blade Ward
Mending
True Strike

1st lv:
Comprehend Languages
Expeditious Retreat
False Life
Feather Fall
Grease
Mage Armor
Shield
Sleep

2nd lv:
Blur
Misty Step

Spells Prepared: 6
Blur
Comprehend Languages
False Life
Grease
Mage Armor
Shield

Features:
Ritual Casting
Spellcasting Focus
Arcane Recovery
Guild Membership

Out of Character: Saw the thread, I hope there is still room to join.
Do we roll for gold as well? Its 4d4×10gp for Wizards.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 29th Aug, 2017 - 7:35am

29th Aug, 2017 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

Character created and submitted for your approval Abnninja. Please don't hesitate to contact me if anything is not to your liking! wink.gif.

29th Aug, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Servant of Dreams says...

This is what I have so far, I will offer later what I am missing:
-

Character Combat Info:
Hit Points: 24/24, Armor Class: 14, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14
Primary Weapon Stats: Quarterstaff (Melee, 1d6 damage, bludgeoning), Dagger (Melee, 1d4, piercing)

Character History:
She is a Far Traveler from the Celt Tribes, an Emissary who stepped forward when the call of council came in this time when so much is changing and has happened. With magic and strange creatures appearing where before they had not.
Ideals: She have much to learn from the kindly folk she meet along her way. (Good)
Personality: She begin her day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Bonds: So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any adversity in this strange land.
Flaws: She don't take kindly to some actions and motivations of the people of Greece because of what makes them different. Especially when it comes to the treatment of animals and nature.

Character Stats:
Druid, Circle of Dreams (From Unearthed Arcana)
Wood elf (Celts Tribe)
Strength: 10 (0), Dexterity: 16 (3), Con: 14 (2), Int: 10 (0), Wisdom: 16 (3), Charisma: 10 (0)
Saving Throws: Strength +0, Dexterity +3, Con +2, Int +2, Wisdom +4, Charisma +0
Skill Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Insight, Nature, Perception, and Survival.
Weapon Proficiencies: Longsword, Dagger, Sickle, Spear, Shortbow, Mace, Quarterstaff, Sling, Javelin, Longbow, Club, Shortsword, Scimitar, Dart
Languages: Common, Elvish, Druidic, Sylvan
Tool Proficiencies: Flute, Herbalism Kit

Spellcasting
Orison: Guidance, Druidcraft

Spells Prepared
1st: Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Good Berry, Entangled
2nd: Moonbeam, Lesser Restoration.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Aug, 2017 - 3:39pm

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Character submitted and ready for approval. I noted on the character that he was likely currently building/repairing a wagon. I also gave him the bonus skill and tool prof mentioned on the other thread due to language restrictions.

I still am unsure on if we are supposed to roll for starting gold as well as receive starting gear, plus 100gp, plus a magic item. [By The Way], the magic item I chose was the folding boat. It is a family relic.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention that he is Human. I used the Human variant for an additional skill and a feat.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 29th Aug, 2017 - 3:57pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robert, there are no feats allowed until level 4. I assume you can take variant human still but without the bonus feat. Ninja stated that in his original review thread I believe.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive

I was under the assumption that he meant that characters do not normally have access to feats until 4th lv while replying to another player's comment. I'll continue to wait for a yay or nay for my character from Ninja, but thanks for looking out.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.