Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 14 of 20

Paul, Actually, you look good except I believe - Page 14 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Sep, 2017 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 20 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
PBP Greece Dungeons and Dragons Dungeons & Dragons 5e
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 14

It would be interesting to have an Italian bard. Then he could probably give the rod an Italian name as well. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Ok great thanks - I am working on it this morning and will ask as questions come up.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It looks like we are still working on Photokles, Nicklaus, Keitha, and Tanis. I'd prefer all characters are completed before I start the campaign.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Sep, 2017 - 3:44pm

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 14 Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Here is my second attempt - used the 5e generator- I didn't list all skills just ones that said "Trained"- feedback welcome if I screwed up somewhere again

Character Name: Tanis
Race: Human
Class: Rogue LV 3
Alignment: CN
Languages: Greek and Common
Speed 30 ft
Character combat Info:

Hit Points: 19
Armor Class: 14
Initiative: +3 proficiency bonus +2

Primary Weapon:Rapier +5 to hit 1D8 +3 piercing
Secondary Weapon: Shortbow +5 to hit 1d6 +3 80,320 piercing
Dagger +5 to hit 1d4 +3 20/60 piercing

Character History:
Tanis, raised by elves, and leaving his childhood friends behind, learning that thieving was not only a profession, but a way of life as he himself was stolen from his family at a very young age. From Athens where he still resides, he crafted and honed his Rogue abilities drawing from his human ambition and curiosity and elvish refined senses. He does not remember his parents, but still hopes one day to find them.

Tania gets along well with both elves and humans, dwarves, gnomes and halflings. Tanis withstood trials necessary to be inducted to the "Guild of thieves".

Tanis prides himself on stealth, lethal force, and safe passage, and does not waste time on pranks or tricks like others in his guild. Standing 5'7 and 145lbs, he is 105 years old in the prime of his Rogue days and has many underworld contacts.

Character Notes:

Characteristics: curious, ambitious, loner

Character Equipment:
Backpack
Waterskin
Bedroll
Sack
Flint and Steel
Thieve's tools
Hooded Lantern
5 pints oil quiver with 20 arrows rope 50 ft hemp

Character Stats:
Strength: 14 (+2) Save +2
Dexterity: 16 (+3) Save +5 (3 Dexterity + 2 proficiency)
Con: 15 (+2) Save +2
Int: 16 (+3) Save +5
Wisdom: 12 (+1) Save +1
Charisma: 13 (+1) Save +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +2
Deception +2
History +2
Investigation +2
Sleight of hand +2
Stealth +2

Proficient in using thief tools
Level 1 thieves cannot level 1 sneak attack deals extra 1d6
Level 2 Cunning action - take second action to dash disengage or hide level 3 sneak attack deals extra 3d6.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Tanis,

Your character ability scores are too high. It looks like you spent 37 points to build him. You are only allowed 29 points. With 29 points you are going to have to make some decisions and prioritize. As a human, I expect a few of your abilities will be in the 9 - 11 range if you want to have multiple high stats.

Also, you say Tanis was raised by elves. There are no elves, only humans that have adopted Elven traits and that has only been for the last ten years. Please go back and read the first post on this thread. It will give you a lot of background information.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Couple of notes aside from what Abn said

-At level 3, sneak attack deals 2d6, not 3d6.
-Cunning Action takes a Bonus Action to use, which is not the same thing as a second action. (Everyone gets one Standard Action and one Bonus Action to spend per turn. A standard action is used for most major actions, attacking, casting a spell, etc. A bonus action is something quickly done on the side.)
-Skills by default add the associated ability modifier, proficiency in said skills tacks your proficiency bonus on top of that. So with your current Dexterity score, Stealth would be a +5 (3Dex+2Proficiency)
-Abn is granting everyone one extra tool proficiency and one extra skill. Instead of an extra skill, you could take expertise in an existing skill. Expertise grants double your proficiency bonus to said skill.(So if you get expertise in stealth, it would go up to +7, 3Dex+2*2Proficiency)
-Abn is also granting your choice of 2 uncommon magic items or 1 rare magic item. Here's the default list of options. Source 3e Other things might be available on request.
-Finally, at level 3, the rogue selects an archetype, which grants him special abilities, the ones available include: Thief (What it says on the tin), Assassin (Stealth and high alpha strike damage), Arcane Trickster (Cast spells and pick pockets via telekinesis), and Mastermind (Manipulate others). There are also three Unearthed Arcana archetypes: Inquisitive, Scout, and Swashbuckler, but you'll need Abn's permission to use those.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Sep, 2017 - 4:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 14

For Niklaus' magic item, I was thinking of something that might raise his Charisma, but I kind of see him as very proud of his natural abilities, and if there is something that only raises his magic scores (Attack and Spell DC) that would work as well. I will be on irregularly the next couple of days since I am at home with my twins during daylight hours. Evenings should work better. Ninja, what else do you need from me?

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 14

Paul,

Actually, you look good except I believe your inspiration die is a d6 until you reach 5th level. Let me know when you decide what your magic item(S) is.

Since I'm at work I don't have my books. It looks like you did but I want to make sure, did you take your extra tool proficiency and skill proficiency? It doesn't look like you took an extra expertise or double expertise.

I'll set you to active.
Thomas,

Let me know when you are finished and I can give your character a final looksee.

Tanis,

You just need to make the updates to bring your character into line with the requirements of this game.

Brandon,

Are you still here and interested in playing?

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Sep, 2017 - 8:47pm

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.