Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 18 of 20

Okay, sorry I was away for a bit with my daughter - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Sep, 2017 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 20 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Closed
PBP Greece Dungeons and Dragons Dungeons & Dragons 5e
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
4th Sep, 2017 - 2:07am / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 18

Servant of Dreams says...

But he was fine with me having three lanuages, what changed? It was going to be Celtic, Greek, and Germanic. Was this changed? I can go back and quote where it shows this.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

He said two languages an hour ago. Look at the original post about character creation. It spells it out right there. This isn't a regular D& D game.

4th Sep, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well then this post makes no sense, which was when I was originally getting languages figured out. This I find more then a bit frustrating, it being a change made in the last few hours.

international QUOTE
Ah, now I have a clearer idea what you are saying. No, your other language is German. There is no Sylvan or Druidic language on alt Earth. Your three languages would be Celtic (Your native tongue), Germanic, and Greek.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:15am

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 18 Creation Character Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I saw that post about the three. Then you added a fourth. He did come back and say two. I'm not sure now. Everyone else limited ourselves due to what was said originally. I don't see how you get a free expertise and get all the languages when we get a language restriction for the same expertise. It's not my game though. Whatever Ninja says goes with me.

4th Sep, 2017 - 2:22am / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Creation Character Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

My apologizes, perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought it was either an extra skill or an expertise. I could perhaps get rid of a language, but by all accounts I have already been restricted from two language choices with not having Druidic or Fey as choices because of being a Druid following the Circle of Dreams.

With the current setup I have, if this was a a regular game of Dungeons & Dragons 5e, I'd have six languages.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:24am

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If it was a regular D&D game I would have four languages due to my ranger class and high elf race. I have two in this game. I'm not arguing anymore about it. The Dungeon Master can make the call and I'll stand by whatever that is.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2017 - 2:41am / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation - Page 18

The light bearer says...

The only thing I would say is, while languages can be something of an "Edge" in Dungeons & Dragons, as you can encounter many types of things that speak a myriad of tongues, we are in an "Alt-earth" setting where most of the people we will probably encounter speak at least some form of a language one of us knows. The ancient Mediterranean was full of multi-linguals and the majority spoke either Greek, Persian or Egyptian, with a small percentage speaking the "Semitic" languages. But still, as trade was the primary source of economic growth and prosperity, common languages were the norm, not the exception.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

Okay, sorry I was away for a bit with my daughter and I see things kind of exploded. Thomas, your character got Celtic and Greek from character creation. Then we talked about German too. But I gave your character the ability to communicate with the Fay. I think that's enough languages and communication abilities… considering you also received the added skills. Time to move on.

+  « First of 20 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.