Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 21 of 49

Out of Character: : I forgot that both Briadia - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Sep, 2017 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 49 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 21

Out of Character: I'm waiting on Robert to post where he is moving to and what his final action is. Does he still intend on simply punching one of the creatures? Once I get that we can complete round one.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Manos quickly realizes how close the battle is, stops his horse, dismounts, and ties it to a tree. He strolls into the battle field, walking up to the nearest of these creatures. He smiles to the creature briefly and then punches it in the face.

Out of Character: Didn't realize you were waiting on me. All rolls previously done. Also, I'm unsure where to find the battle map.

21 to hit
4 Bludgeoning damage
18 Initiative.

If Manos is hit he will cast Shield as a reaction, which will bring his AC from 13 to 18. (13 from Mage Armor).

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 15th Sep, 2017 - 5:01am

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Photokles calls flames down on the what appears to be the largest of the creatures. The creature doesn't even look phased, looks around and raises his massive battle axe. Elymas calls forth a powerful spell that buffets the creatures. Two of the creature die outright, as the thunderous explosion or energy drives them to the ground, blood leaking from their mouths, noses, and even their now jellied eyes. It also forces one back.

Manos moves up to the one that was pushed back by Elymas's spell and punches him square in the face. Blood and brains spurt everywhere and the creature falls to the ground, dead. The Athenian warrior on the end of the line (A8), jabs his spear in the creature to his left that was clearly hurt by Elymas' spell. The spear enters the creatures neck and comes out the back of its head. As the Athenian removes the spear, the creature simply topples to the ground.

The Athenian warriors and the creatures fight hard, each attacking the others, but number tell and a few Athenians fall. During the commotion, Manos notes that one of the creatures (C20), is making arcane gestures and seems to be standing back. A spectral spear seems to appear from nowhere and stab an Athenian in the back, killing him. A creature moves to Manos and attacks him with its wicked looking axe but misses badly.

Tellias stands and hurls his javelin (Verutum is a Roman term and I don't think a Greek in this timeframe would call it such… but you may call it what you will) at one of the creatures but it simply skids off his strange armor. He then moves forward to the attack and with a skilled thrust, his Doyu finds a gap in the creature's (C16) armor and falls to the earth, dead. Blood rolls down the shaft of the long spear as Tellias retrieves it.

The largest of the creatures (C19), moves forward and attacks the Athenian on the end (A1), his great axe simply hewing the head off of the man. The Athenian's body falls to the ground twitching and his head stops with the face facing up, his lifeless eyes looking out of its helmet with seeming shock. The large creature then continues moving and moves next to Elymas.

One of the creatures (C18) moves next to Tellias and swings his great axe, striking a resounding blow. Although much of the blow is absorbed by his armor, he still feels the bite of the axe.

Next, Brathark, Keitha, and Niklaus move forward. Between his javelin and his mighty axe, Brathark kills one of the creatures (C18), its entrails spilling onto the field. Niklaus makes a few gestures and a creature (C15) falls to the field laughing hysterically. Keitha moves out of the barley and casts a spell, outlining two of the creatures (C19 and C18, attacks against them have advantage).

As Briadia moves forward one of the creatures, a rather large one notices her. It's hard to tell but there may have been a smiles on its hideous face. He motions to three of his kind and they move to cut her off. Then, the rest of the creatures torch the farmhouse and move at a fast pace carrying their prisoners away.

The creatures have moved to within 20' of Briadia and don't seem to be slowing down.

Out of Character: A couple of points. First, if you cast a spell that allows a saving throw please add your saving throw DC for me. Second, when I run a battle I do it by initiative order and I roll for each bad guy. So some of them may actually move before your character, partially cutting off your move action. Hence, some of your characters didn't make it to where you expected them to be. I do assume partial movement. Third, since I go in initiative order be careful of the spells you unleash as you may unwittingly hit a friendly. Remember, in the military we always say, "Friendly fire… isn't." I will always do my best to deconflict and assume a character will do all in his power not to hurt a friend. In particularly egregious scenarios I'll offer an opportunity to change your action. But there will be times I just let it go. Third, these creatures have been in combat and some of them have damage already, so may go down with fewer damage. Fourth, for combat is I'm allowing the javelin attacks from Tellias and Brathark to count as if they were round 0. That makes sense to me in that you could simply stand and hurl them in a sort of surprise situation. Last regarding combat, watch what die you pick for damage. They are not d20s.

Now, these are not Spartans, they are Athenians, an easy mistake for someone not used to seeing the various armors of Greece as the Athenians and Spartans look similar.

Tellias takes 9 damage.

See map 3 for current dispositions. The map is a button located towards the top of the page.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 15th Sep, 2017 - 5:14pm

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 21 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Forcing down the fear felt at the sight of this brute looming over him, Elymas turns his shield towards the large creature, and reaches out with his hand.

Out of Character: Inflict Wounds, melee touch attack, no save for 3d10 necrotic damage.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Briadia is frustrated when they notice her. As the four charge her she has a big smile on her face." Come dogs, today you will end your journey." She calls "Arcad, attack." Running with both blades drawn she charges headlong at the largest one. She strikes with a strength not to be expected from her frame. She strikes with both blades at him.

Arcad, hearing his mistress call, races towards the combat. He roars as he closes in.

Out of Character: : She has advantage on initiative due to ranger abilities. She also has advantage on her strikes against enemies that haven't struck yet. I'm rolling advantage for the strikes in case she has a higher initiative. In the event the first blow kills her enemy then she will move and strike another one as well. If Arcad, can't reach the combat then the rolls will be for the following round. Her favored enemy bonus damage is included for both Briadia and Arcad. Humanoids are her favored enemy.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Sep, 2017 - 8:18pm

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Brathark keeps attacking the next nearest creature, the one at C19, to him. He will swing his battle axe with all of his might.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 15th Sep, 2017 - 10:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 21

KN,

C18 is not really there. You may want to edit your response as you'll need to move Brathark to get near a creature and I don't want to move him to a hex you may not want him to be in. C19 and C8 are the two closest to him. C19 is the one larger than the rest.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 15th Sep, 2017 - 8:41pm

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

Out of Character: : I forgot that both Briadia and Arcad had bless active. Most likely it is bo longer active. I'm rolling in the vain hope that it is *smile*.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.