Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 4 of 49

Once she had gathered her belongings and pick - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Sep, 2017 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 4

Brathark Looks stone faced at Agesilaus when he mentioned his family. But when he left without anything further Brathark relaxed a bit. While this was all new and different he was eager to see what life has in store for him on this next adventure.

When they get to the house they would be using Brathark chose the room farthest from the kitchens and the stairs. He would want the others to be closer so they can have less travel to refresh themselves when they wished. He stores his weapns, Shield and helm in his room and then heads down to get some water and greet his fellow god chosen.

He sits at the table and when everyone is around he introduces himself. "I am Brathark. I have been a soldier for quite some time and am good at helping to heal those in need on the field of battle. I come from a line of Stone masons and still carry some of the tools if need arises. I am glad to meet you all and hope that we can come up with three good questions for the Oracle."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Elymas stays silent for quite some time, thinking it would be best not to spoil the gravitas of the occasion. A decision ever so slightly influenced by the casual murder of the priest in the crowd. He was not used to dissent being met with wordless violence. Even against an obvious fool like that.

Once he'd brought his belongings to the home where the chosen would be staying, he decided it was time to introduce himself.

"Elymas, citizen of Athens. I am something of an expert on the energies that preempted this occasion, both of the principle forms of it. I had expected for my knowledge to be of use in determining its nature. But it seems fate has another use in mind for those talents. You need not be too concerned for my well being if and when conflict arises. I may be too old to be pushing a spear these days, at least not given strapping young men and women beside me to do so in my stead. But I can bear a shield still, and have new ways to make a foe regret coming near."

He pauses and considers, "Come to think of it, I need to have a new shield commissioned if I am to represent Hecate in this. My current one honors Athena."

Something nudges at Elymas' hand, and he picks up Kria, "This is my companion Kria. Magic has allowed us to forge a connection between our minds. She asks me to inform you that she will accept rubs if you are gentle."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Sep, 2017 - 5:31am

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 6:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Manos smiles at Elymas' words of commissions. "That's right we should all get something commissioned, I could definitely use some new robes; and I'm definitely bringing a wagon on this trek." He pulls the piece of hay out of his mouth. "Manos is the name, Manos Ferrytrail."

He takes off his hat and opens his robe, revealing an Athenian chiton beneath. As he slips off the robe, he reveals arms as large as Tellias'. He places the robe upon the table and looks around the group. "I bring these… " He states, looking down at his muscles. "This… " He moves his hand over a torn part off his robe, the pieces stitches themselves back together before their eyes. "And much more. I'm Athens born, though my mother and uncle were Spartan born. He trained me, just like those boys outside of town. You can trust in my skill."

He sits down, placing his feet upon the chair next to him, piece of hay stuck back into his mouth. "Who's turn next?" He says with a wry smile.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 6th Sep, 2017 - 6:27am

6th Sep, 2017 - 8:37am / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 4 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

Tellias looked upon the others that had been chosen by the gods. They were an odd lot to be sure, but he would never question the judgement of his gods. After all, Ares had picked him long before today as his vessel, and he had not gone wrong in his life since that fateful day. However, he would of been more comfortable staying in his own villa, being close to his stable of gladiators, but realised that his place at present was to represent Sparta, his kings and Ares, and he would not argue that any of those were not worth sacrifice.

He placed his belongings in his room and a little later that day one of the gladiators from his stable, Tauthinias, a young lad of about 12, who showed much promise and reminded Tellias of himself at that age, brought his other equipment to the mansion. He stored these items in his room for now also. He continued to wear his armour for the initial "Get to you know greeting" but left his helmet & other wargear in his room. Tauthinias stood watch over his belongings, as he wasn't too sure he could trust some of these people given their look, especially the peasant fellow. Even if the gods had chosen them, his inner Spartan needed them to prove themselves worthy of his trust.

He made his way to the common area of the mansion, fashionably late, wanting to be the last to arrive, so he would have all their attention upon him, that way he could be sure to introduce himself properly with their full attention on him. He was used to making grand entrances and this would be no less a situation to impose himself upon those gathered.

As he entered the common room he could see that the other god-chosen were starting to talk a little among themselves, although some seemed more comfortable than others. He entered the room walking upright and making his height appear to grow beyond his mere 4ft 6inches, as his muscular physique and imposing presence usually commanded.

He noticed that only one had taken a seat at the table as yet, the hoplite he had heard of. He made sure to find the mans name from one of his friends on the 300 and Barthark was his name. As he headed to the chair at the head of the table he spoke to the others, in a firm, confident and clear voice "Greetings and well met! For those of you who do not know me, I am known more widely as Syntomo, The Short End, Grand Champion of Hellas! But you may address me as Tellias. Although I hold a privileged position amongst the Ekklsia, I have been chosen by my benefactor, Ares, to represent him here as his champion, and that, at present, takes precedent over my other duties as a Stable Master, Ekklsian and Champion of Hellas. I am undefeated in over one hundred combats, against man and beast, and my hoplon & doyu are ready to defend you all if the need should arise. You can trust that my hoplon will hold steady and my doyu will thrust hard, if and when the time comes. For Sparta & Ares!" He slaps his forearm and closed fist across his chest proudly and relaxes. Taking the seat at the head of the table as he finishes his introduction, he opens his arms as those signalling the others to be seated and to continue with the introductions.

As he listens in turn to the other introductions, he smiles when the dark skinned Elymas and the peasant fellow, Manos, suggest they all get equipment commissioned in honour of their godly benefactor, knowing all too well that Ares has already outfitted him with his badges of honour and representation. He smiles again at the knowledge of the gods in choosing a son of a Spartan woman, even if he did look like a slave, he had a hidden inner power that all Spartans carried with them. He smiles a further time at the owl, Kria, and gives a nod to the graceful creature.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Niklaus returns the kiss with enthusiasm, but to those who look closely, not real passion. When he finally breaks the kiss, the woman is almost breathless, while the bard gives her a warm smile. As he steps away from the raven-haired Roman beauty he looks her figure up and down, a roguish gleam in his eyes, until he spots his sisters in the back of the crowd looking at him with raised eyebrows, and only then does he finally have the good grace to blush slightly, and shrugs. Then he moves to his place to listen as pronouncements are made.

His quill keeps scribbling as the rulers of Sparta speak, while his face betrays surprise once or twice. Then he gathers himself and joins the others on the march to new lodgings. He waves to his sisters and shouts, "Bring my gear once we know where we're staying!" Sigrid and Catriona nod and follow along at a distance with the crowd. Once it is obvious which villa is their destination, the blonde women turn and head back into Sparta proper.

Niklaus chooses an upstairs room, the next-to-last from the stairs. He also closes the door to the room furthest from the stairs, then returns to the common room. A few of the others are already there, so he grabs a seat by the currently cold fireplace and takes a few notes as the others speak. He finally decides it is his turn.

"Well met, one and all. As I said before, I am Niklaus, and obviously a bard from the northern lands. Before we go any further, I wish you to know I travel, normally that is, with my sisters. We perform together, and they are here in Sparta, and I expect they will appear shortly with the rest of my meager belongings. Since this will no doubt be a journey of great danger, I will not allow them to come along, but neither can I leave them alone, defenseless. So as long as none object, I would like them to have the last room upstairs, farthest from the stairs."

Once everyone has weighed in on this matter, he continues. "Thank you. As for myself, again, bard. I sing, dance, tell tales, I can tumble a bit, and, well… " For a bard, he suddenly seems uncomfortable speaking. But his next words make clear why. "I also have a few talents that are, shall we say, less than savory." With a flourish he produces some small, thin pieces of metal that a few recognize as the tools of a thief. "And on top of that, well, since this change in the world we will be investigating occurred, my music has taken on the ability to cast the odd bit of magic." For the first time, he genuinely blushes. "Strange as that sounds, I swear it is true."

Eventually his sisters arrive and give him his gear, which includes a shortsword with a well-worn grip, and studded leather armor that is sturdy, if not pristine. He introduces his sisters, Catriona his twin ("OLDER twin," she says with a smirk), and their younger sister, Sigrid.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Briadia smiles as Arcad is fed. He struggles to eat it at first but she is sure that he will endure. She has seen nothing yet that he won't eat. Briadia grins as she thanks the Spartans for their thoughtfulness.

She gazes amazed at the immensity of the villa. The Amazon will select the room closest to the outdoors remaining. She sets her belongings out and studies then momentarily. " Arcad, what have we gotten ourselves into? A danger filled trip to Olympia. Chosen by Athena. I'm not sure what to make of this. "

After a little while she departs for the common area accompanied by her faithful ursine companion. As she walks in and sees the others she smiles. Unsure what exactly to say to these strangers she hesitates for a moment before speaking. " Hello everyone. It seems that we are all in this together. I am called Briadia and this is my friend Arcad. " He looks at the group for a moment before sniffing curiously in hopes of detecting food. "

" I worship and serve Ares normally. I will strive to serve Athena though. It is a great honor to be chosen. I possess skills in the outdoors. I have the ability to track enemies and to avoid detection. I have a lot of experience at negotiating harsh terrain. Arcad and I also have some slight skill at fighting. " She smiles and looks awkward. Briadia hasn't been around men much at all so she looks to the fire haired woman and smiles.

" I know one thing we could talk about. We must agree upon three questions to ask the Oracle. We only have today to discuss it. Choosing these questions wisely could have a huge impact upon our journey. " She looks away, surprised that she spoke so much to strangers and mainly men at that.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Sep, 2017 - 7:54pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 4

Manos sees the bear sniffing around, pulls out some spiced jerky, and tosses it his way. "Good question, what will our questions be? But before that I'd like to know what our quest is, beyond following the path of a bunch of dead men. What exactly are we going to Olympus for; beyond seeing what's going on there. What, as we always ask, do the Gods ask of us?"

He switches the positions of his feet on the chair; mud and worse fall off his sandles onto the seat. He pulls out a bit more jerky and begins chewing on it.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 6th Sep, 2017 - 8:07pm

6th Sep, 2017 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Servant of Dreams says...

Once she had gathered her belongings and pick a room, Keitha will go to meet with the others. The home they were staying in was impressive, despite its sparse design and decoration. The druid still taking in the situation and all that had taken place.

Once she is sited, Keitha listen to the others introduce themselves yet finding herself out of place since Greece and Sparta were cultures so different then her own. Once she had a chance, the woman will introduce herself, starting with the words, "The Celtic tribes of my home are very different from what of each of yours, I didn't even know much about the gods and goddesses you worship leaving me surprised on why Artemis choose me. While, I am here there will be much I will wish to learn of The Huntress."

Continuing, she will say, "Yet perhaps it also makes sense, because from what I do know she is the one with perhaps most strongest bonded with nature. With a respect for it, as well the flora and fauna. So perhaps that is the bond we share which is why I was chosen." Keitha offers a smile somewhat nervous and uncertain but true as well, The woman had a certain open charm about her.

"Yet perhaps there is another reason as well," Keitha will offer, before admitting in part, "Given my perhaps unique circumstance while growing up. Since I was raise by the faerie of my home when just a child not ten years ago. Or as my people often call them, both out of respect and fear, the Good Neighbors or even the Little People. In my language they are the Aes Sídhe."

Looking to each in turn, she will offer her skills and experience, "I learn to use their magic, that of nature and the wild places of the earth. By growing up among them, I learned of their quirks, habits, and diversity as well shown the world from a different perspective. I learned how dangerous they can be, especially if disrespected, as well how they can provide great aid to those who gain their favor."
-

Looking to Briadia, and considering her inquire, the druid will offer, "Yes, asking the right questions are important. If one asks incorrectly, we might be given unhelpful, confusing, or misleading information even if it is still honestly given.

Out of Character: Sorry for the delay, seems introductions have begin to pass into discuss other matters so hopefully trying to do both and play catch up won't confuse anyone.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Sep, 2017 - 8:36pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (49) »

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.