Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 33 of 49

After listening to everyone talking Brathark - Page 33 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 49 pgs.  29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
22nd Sep, 2017 - 11:20am / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 33

The Short End says...

As Tellias applies balms and ointments to his battle wounds, he surveys the rest of the group. He smiles to himself as he lowers his head to focus on the task in hand, confident, at least for him, that his list of skills and achievements have impressed all gathered and that they all now realize how lucky they are to have the one and only "The Short End" at their sides.

He sits back and takes a bite to eat. After he witnesses Briadia tending to the bear's and her own wounds he walks over to the Amazonian and starts to make chit chat with her, having seen her look of awe at all of the skills Tellias had listed!

"So Briadia, I have fought alongside and against Amazonians in the arena before, and I doubt I have met better exponents in ranged combat, but they rarely like to engage in melee, at least in the arena. I see you favor the art of melee over the ranged aspect of combat, is this common among non-gladiatorial Amazonians or are you unique in your approach. Also, how is it that Arcad came to be your companion and what place do you hold within Amazonian society, if such a hierarchy like Spartas or Hellas exists in your lands?" He offers the woman a drink from his wine flask and likewise offers Arcad a strip of dried chicken.

Out of Character: Tellias is now back to full HP, including the Temporary +5 if that is still in effect, thanks to the awesome D10 roll!? If not he is just at his normal Max HP.

The roll below is an attempt by Tellias to impress Briadia with a performance check to try to charm Briadia into making relations between them. Not necessarily in a sexual nature, more of a "Let's be friends" air, not to say that if sex is put on the table that he would turn the opportunity down! *laugh*.

Tellias Syntomo Results:
  • Performance check on D20 (+3): 19 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Somewhat disappointed that they're skipping Thebes, Elymas settles in to study the magic items rather than properly resting.

Out of Character: Casting Identify twice as a ritual. Can still get a short rest in afterwards, if the group is willing to wait another 22 minutes, rolling a single hit die in case.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Brathark considers all that is going on. "Maybe we camp here for the night and get a early start in the morning. This should help those that still need to heal from the battle and those that feel that a longer rest will be more beneficial to all."

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 33 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Briadia is somewhat surprised when Tellios approaches her. She listens to him curiously. Arcad gobbles down the chicken and she takes a drink of the wine offered." Ahh, that is what I needed. Its always a good time for wine. I think Arcad liked his chicken. Thank you Tellios."

She is somewhat confused as he seems so much different now than he normally does." Most Amazonians prefer using a bow and staying at a distance. I'm not unique but unusual in preferring the clash of melee. I was never very good with a bow. When I was 15 I left my home and lived in the wild for a couple of years. I survived with daggers mainly and became fairly skilled with the blade. By the time I returned to my people two years later I had been blessed in many ways by Athena I suppose. One gift I received is the ability to do damage at long range with magic. I use it instead of a bow if I can't get up close. "

"I was never a leader in my community. My youth works against me. My new gifts helped me scout for my fellow Amazonians when I returned. I spemd most of my time scouting and exploring. That is where I met Arcad a few months ago. I felt a calling to say certain words and perform a lengthy ritual in the wild. I completed it and overnight Arcad appeared. He walked right to me and let me pet him. Thank you for your interest Tellios. I can't wait to see you in action. I have never seen a Spartan gladiator champion fight." She smiles at him.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 5:10pm

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

"No reason to go to Thebes. Nothing we could really do there but witness the full degree of what we are up against. Any help we could do would take away from valuable time and won't even be close to enough. Sadly, and survivors are on their own." He shakes his head.

He pulls out his wooden hammer and sits up a bit, and then waves his hand briefly over his lap. "All we can do is prepare as best we can." He then swings his hammer down towards himself.

Just before it would hit his lap, a loud clang loudly sounds out as the hammer smashes into what appears to be a faint outline of his shield spell. He swings again, each time the shield takes a more solid form.

When it appears reforged he once again waves his hand over it. As he does so the shield begins to dematerialize and follow the swirl of his hand. He then places his hand against his chest and the magic follows and flows inside him.

Manos stands up and strolls over to the wagon, giving a quick check to ensure that everything is there and the wagon is ready to travel. He saddles up in the seat and waits for the group to be ready.

Out of Character: Manos uses Arcane Recovery to regain a 1st lv spell.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 9:25pm

22nd Sep, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Short End says...

"Very interesting. It would appear we have had similar if not very different backgrounds. I was 12 when I was expelled from the Agoge, our Spartan soldier training school. 5 years of my life were spent training and developing strong mental & physical defenses. Suffering anguish and hardship throughout to toughen oneself when the time for conflict came. However, I did not develop physically in the same way as my peers and although as strong, if not stronger than all in the Agoge, I could not hold a Spartan shield line due to my restricted height." Tellias looks ruefully towards the horizon.

"So as a slave or lesser citizen I was destined to become. This would of brought great disappointment to my family, so I did the only thing I could think to do as a 12 year old boy. I enrolled in a local gladiator stables. My family still disowned me, and were sadly killed in a fire before I had chance to reconcile with them, but such is life." He again pauses for a moment before continuing. "Luckily for me I excelled in the school, not only physically but also academically and Kallisthenes, the stable master, took a shine to me and became a father figure. It is he I owe all that I am, have become and will yet be. He provided me with opportunity which I took with both hands. My only regret is he did not get to fulfill his dream whilst alive and watch one of his gladiators become Grand Champion of Hellas. It would of pleased him greatly to of seen me earn my victory in the finals at Athens." He smiles, then has a little chuckle to himself.

"It would of pleased him greatly." He smiles then remembers where he is.

Tellias sits down next to Briadia at this point, but keeping a respectful distance from her.

"Anyway, all this has brought me to this point and it seems even greater things lay ahead than have come before. I too am eager to see you wield your dual weapons and I am sure I will not be disappointed with your prowess. It is strange, and something I have unheard of, your short and yet obviously strong bond with Arcad. I have heard of folks who have a natural affinity with animals, but never one who has become an instant friend of a wild animal as powerful and unpredictable as bears normally are. I have faced wild & provoked bears in the arena and they are a fierce sight to behold. Many men just weep and pray for a swift end. To see him like a loyal war dog at your side is most impressive, and something I think I will never fully understand, but it is a comforting sight to see such a bond between human and animal."

"If you were interested some time I could show you the ways of the gladiator with some of the more exotic weapons I have with me. It would be good to continue the role I have at the stable to oversee the tutoring of combat skills to others and perhaps help you develop new skills that may be of use in the wild as well as on this quest of ours."

He takes another swig of the wine, which is made at his own vineyard and then passes the bottle back to Briadia. "Aye, whatever this trial of the gods brings us, at least we have served some small, but worthy purpose this day." He starts to carve away at a square of brown leather whilst he talks and rests next to the Amazonian woman.

Whist they chat, Tellias begins crafting an image that resembles Arcad, on the leather square, and after an hours work or so, gives the little keepsake to Briadia, as a memento of this first day of action on their quest.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 33

Briadia frowns as she hears more about Sparta. Taking the wine she has another drink." Where did you get this wine? It is very flavorful." She grins as Arcad shuffles around looking for more food.

"I'm sorry to hear that about your parents. I know how that feels. My mother was killed during a battle when I was 15. That's what caused me to run off to the wild."
She looks at him thoughtfully." The Spartan society is very harsh. I despise slavery. You overcame that though and rose to the top. That is very impressive. I would love to learn of more weapons from you. It is important to always learn more."

She relaxes and watches him work the leather. Briadia smiles and takes it from him." This is very nice. Thank you. You are a man of many talents it seems. "

The Amazon grins at Arcad. "Arcad is friendly. The only thing to watch with him is your food. He has a healthy appetite." The bear sits down beside Briadia and sniffs the air.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 12:20pm

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 33

After listening to everyone talking Brathark goes to the wagon and pulls out his tent and sets it up. "I am going to sleep here for the night. The rest of you can do that same or carry on. Now if someone will wake me during the middle of the night I will take watch then." He gets comfortable and is soon asleep.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.