Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 34 of 49

As she hears Keitha speaking she looks up - Page 34 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 49 pgs.  30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 34

The light bearer says...

Photokles sees Brathark and a couple others beginning to make camp for the evening.
"Well, I for one would like at the very least to check on the status of the Thebans." The priest turns to the others, "If anyone else would like to accompany me seeing as it would appear that we aren't making an overnight trek to Delphi and thus have time, I would not object." He pauses for a moment then continues, "I have no interest in delaying our meeting with the oracle, but again, if we are wanting better, more insightful questions, it may serve our interests to gain all the knowledge we can whenever presented the opportunity."

Photokles will await some replies, then after a few minutes, or if no one wishes to join him, the priest will mount his mule and start off toward Thebes, "Gods willing I'll see you come sunrise!"

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:22pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Briadia looks up at Photokles incredoudly as he states his intention to travel to Thebes and back." You are going to travel by yourself overnight to a city that isn't a part of our quest? You will be exhausted tomorrow. I will not choose to do that. I will camp with the others here. May the gods watch over you." Briadia gets up and helps set up camp for the night." I will take watch in the middle of the night. I can see very well in darkness."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:37pm

23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Short End says...

"You are most welcome." Tellias smiles at Briadia and has a little laugh about the Arcad and food remark.

"I am sorry to hear you lost your mother. It is a hard burden to carry when you are young, but sometimes hard burdens make strong shoulders to bare you forward through life." He smiles towards her trying his best to show empathy and compassion to Briadia.

"I am pleased you like the wine. It is made from the grapes in my vineyard. It has a delicate, yet fruity flavor compared to some of the slightly harsher white wines in the west. That is because I fertilize the soil with fermented fruit. It helps to add that slightly sweet, but not overly sweet, element to the wine. Plus it does help to give a little extra kick in terms of it's alcohol content!" He smiles and gives a knowing wink to the beautiful amazon.

"Sparta is indeed a harsh society to many outsiders. But the one thing you have to remember about Spartans is that they are unlike any other peoples in Hellas, and likely the whole world. We are bred to fight. We are born to be soldiers. Those who are not are born to serve those who are. A soldier is one of the most important citizens of all peoples in Sparta. You may find other peoples who are classed as soldiers, but they are by profession poets, wheelwrights, artists, philosophers and the like first." He lets his hand move in an almost pointing gesture around their companions, inferring their professions as he mentions each profession in turn. "Spartans are professional soldiers first and foremost." He looks down at his cuirass and mops a little spilled wine from it.

"(Laugh) I spilled my wine. Poor form on my part!" He lets out a hearty laugh, then returns his thoughts to the present after Brathark informs everyone of his intentions.

"Looks like we are here for the night. Lets set a fire and perhaps drink a little more wine and a bite of something warm to eat?" He winks at Arcad as he rises from his seated position. He sets a fire going and sets a pot on the stones surrounding the fire. "Time for some soup I fancy." Tellias says to himself thoughtfully and hungrily. He takes several vegetables from his mules saddlebags and cuts them up whilst tossing them into the pot with a little water, wine, oil, herbs and garlic. As the soup cooks he takes a large loaf of bread from the mules pack and breaks it up into good sized chunks, one for each companion. The aroma is intoxicating and before long a hearty soup is ready.

Tellias takes some bowls from his mule and clangs his shield with one of several spoons he removes from a bag also. "Dinner is served!" He says loudly to his camp mates. He fills two bowls and brings them back to where Briadia and Arcad are sitting. He hands a bowl to Briadia and a chunk of the bread, and puts another flask of wine on the floor beside here. He then unwraps a package, he removed from a saddlebag, and takes the contents out. It is a half of preserved chicken. He offers the meat to Arcad by placing it on the floor in front of him, then retakes his seat next to Briada, but a little closer to her than last time.

"Eat well and grow strong. Drink strong and grow well!" He laughs heartily. "That is an old saying my stable master used to say." He takes another swig of wine before offering it back to Briadia and then hungrily eats the soup and bread.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:42pm

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 34 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

She nods in understanding of the Spartan culture." Sparta is a hard culture where only the strong survive. It does have its positives. It is unfortunate for those that are weaker though. That is the way the world works I suppose. ."
She takes another drink." So, this is your own wine. Well done Tellios. It does have a wonderful flavor. She takes her bowl of soup and bread with a smile. After eating it she says," That was very good. Thank you." Arcad devours the food left for him." Arcad must slow down. He will get fat with all the food he is given with this group." She laughs softly.

Briadia takes a few more drinks and chats with Tellios a little while longer. She then stands up." Your wine is quite strong. I had better drink no more. One can't afford to not be alert in times like this." She stretches and yawns." I enjoyed talking with you Tellios. I must go to bed now. Good night." She walks off towards where the others are setting up to sleep. Briadia sets out her bedroll and crawls inside it ready for sleep. Arcad follows her over and lies down beside her. He watches over her protectively as she drifts into a trance. She doesn't want anyone to know that she doesn't actually sleep anymore.

Out of Character: : She will stand whatever watch is needed.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 5:57pm

23rd Sep, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Servant of Dreams says...

The druid traveled near the two, Tellias and Briadia, listening to them speak of their family and years growing up. Of their experiences, of their loss and the challenges they have found themselves in. Keitha was quiet during this time, letting them talk as the young woman tried to decide if and how she might speak of her past knowing it may seem strange, confusing, or even alien to her companions.

Once she had the chance those, and a place had been found for them to rest, Keitha will look to the two and say loud enough for others to hear as well if they so desired, "I'm not sure how to explain my past and my experiences, given how I was raised but I will try if you desire to know." The stories of herself she was about to tell, might make little sense, yet again the young woman will try.

"I was taken as a child, barely able to remember my parents, around when magic first return to the world and creatures my people would come to call SĂ­dhe as well their servants the Faerie. Many of Celt Tribes would even come to see them much in the same way as deities of Greece or Sparta, yet different as well." She will start, pausing to gather her thoughts before continuing, "My life was among the faerie who became native to our lands, growing up within the Seelie or Summer Court and warned of the Unseelie Court who were seen as much more disruptive or dangerous though all see the world much differently."

Looking to those around her, before saying, "I was raised to see nature with both wonder and reverence, with respect and to never take for granted how dangerous it can be. I was shown the magic in which the faerie used, secrets none but those like me know. With magic to that lends relief to weary feet and respite from injuries, to speak with animals and trees, to call upon their aid or service, to taking the form of beasts of the land and eventually of the sky or water."

Keitha looks down, finished for now, and wonders what they might say to her words. She glances up, her red hair moving before her eyes.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 6:51pm

23rd Sep, 2017 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

The Short End says...

"Very interesting Keitha. You do come from an alien world almost, compared to those born in Hellas. I have fought picts and celts in the arena and found them wild, almost beyond sense as they are whipped into a frenzy before being unleashed. They seem to ignore wounds that would surely kill any normal combatant, at least for a short time, before they succumb to such wounds and fall. But usually not before they have taken a grave toll on their opponents. The only way I found to deal with them effectively in combat was to behead them." Tellias looks coldly almost matter of fact as he recalls his experience and passes on his tactics as though talking about growing vegetables.

"I suppose that is why many civilized people of Hellas fear them as crazed barbarians or zealots. But you are clearly not that and although my initial thoughts lay in my prejudices towards your people, you have started to turn my thoughts to another path and one that pleases me." He smiles at the child of the fey and then focuses on setting out his place for the night in his bed roll, hoplon and doyu in hand as ever.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 34

Niklaus listens as various members of their troupe (As he automatically thinks of them) discuss their histories, while he idly strums his lute. At one point he offers, "As with many folks, my past has its share of tragedies and triumphs. My sisters and I survived an attack by creatures very similar to those we dispatched this day, and since then we have traveled together for safety. At least until now of course." He says nothing further, though might if prodded.

He then says, "The first song of our story is nearly complete. Since Briadia and Arcad boldly went to face danger, just the pair of them, in an attempt to save the women and children, it will focus on them. Such selflessness is to be admired." He then begins singing…

He gets so hungry, he can eat dinner for eight.
She hates to see suffering, of the poor or the great.
Together they will vanquish, those monsters of hate.
They are the Lady and the Bear.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 34

As she hears Keitha speaking she looks up and listens in wonder." Keitha, that is fascinating. I know that you have seen many strange things. I have heard of these faerie but have never encountered them before. You are a stranger to the customs here as am I. In the future I would like to hear more about fairies when we have time." She smiles at Keitha and heads over to her bedroll.

Briadia is preoccupied in her thoughts about what they face and then she hears Nicklaus breaking out in song. Her face brightens to be honored with such. She listens to it intently and grins though." You do me too much honor Nicklaus. Thank you though. It was very well done." Briadia claps for his performance.

Rather off topic, but...
I love the song Paul. Is that a twist on a Sinatra song? smile.gif

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.