Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 38 of 49

The leader of the group replies to Photokles, - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2017 - 11:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 49 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (49) »
Posts: 390 - Views: 16047
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 38

Manos turns to Keitha and responds; "That was basically my plan. A man like Photokles stands out, especially as a healer in a city of dead and dying. Finding him in Thebes will likely be easier than tracking his path."

He gets a serious look on his face, though with a touch of gentleness to it, as he asks. "You never said why you came along. Why you entered these dangerous woods, by yourself, to come after two old fools like us."

He smiles; "I'm grateful you did; I was dreading going to find him alone. I honestly was surprised the group let him leave. Figured if no one else was going to go after him, then I had too. I'm glad you came along."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Elymas will take his watch. In the event Arcad makes a serious effort for the bags of food in the trees, he will try something a little more tricky than just saying no.

Right as the bear gets to a vulnerable part of the climb, Elymas will make a gesture, summoning an image of Briadia sternly and disapprovingly looking down at Arcad.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 25th Sep, 2017 - 1:03am

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The leader of the Thebans moves forward, "Nice display of tricks. The creatures that attacked had tricks too. Priest of Helios, beacon of hope eh? And I'm the king of Thebes. Oh wait, there is no king of Thebes." His men chuckle.

Photokles senses the men behind him to his left and right begin to move directly behind him.

The leader continues, "Strange things have happened this day. Perhaps you are part of that. We do not want you here, and yet here you are." He thinks for a moment then continues, "Dismount and drop all your weapons and anything you carry here." He points to a spot on the ground and continues, "We will safeguard them for you. You will follow us into Thebes, there are those there who would talk with you and discern the truth of things."

The Theban soldiers lower their long, deadly spears slightly. They are not pointed at Photokles, but they are no longer straight up and down as they were when first they and Photokles met.

Manos and Keitha look around to try and find Photokles' tracks again, but they can't find them. They sense more than see knots of soldiers around the city. They can hear the low chatter of their talking and the occasional sound of metal against metal or wood against metal. As they get close the sound of the cart draws the attention of two of the groups and they start to approach. Keitha can see them but they cannot see you as yet.

The main group sleeps soundly and nothing happens through the first guard shift. Well, nothing other than Arcad trying to get into the food (The roll of 14). Elymas senses this though and scares him off with the image of Briadia. Elymas falls asleep as Briadia and Brathark take up the guard. Arcad falls into a deep slumber (The roll of 18) and all you two hear through your guard shift is the sound of his heavy breathing. Nothing strange happens.

Out of Character: I won't go any further with the main group because I want to keep the timing of the groups somewhat in synch. There is still one more guard shift. Regarding Keitha seeing in the dark and losing the Photokle's trail, yes, you see in the dark but in darkness you see as in dim light. It's pretty easy to lose a trail in dim light.

25th Sep, 2017 - 8:11am / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 38 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

Tellias takes his duty on the last watch of the night. When he finds out what has happened to the cart, food and now three of the party he is a little annoyed to say the least "THEY DID WHAT! AND HE TOOK THE CART TO DO IT! FOOL!".

He looks back at Briadia and Brathark. "So now because of the situation we have been placed in I have to keep watch over the loose food & Arcad as well as for attackers and other wild animals, which will now be drawn in by the scraps of food on the floor and the rest that hangs tantalizingly out of reach! Fantastic!" He looks at Brathark sternly. Then simply turns his back and feeds the camp fire to make it a firmly ablaze. He sits on the edge of the camp, away from the fire, but near to the food tree. He grumbles to himself for the first few minutes of the watch then focuses on the duty at hand.

Attached Image Edited: Glarion on 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:24am

Tellias Syntomo Results:
  • Perception check on D20 (+3): 13 (1 roll)


Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Brathark looks around the camp in the middle of the night. Knowing that people have left without thought to the mission bothers him. They do need a leader and he is not sure that he wants to be that leader. They have proven in battle and on their own that they will do their own thing over and over again without a care of the mission. Looking over at Briadia he says, "Thank you for staying with the group and looking out for all of us. I hope that we can salvage something out of all of this." He walks over to where the food is scattered on the ground. He picks through it and loads most of the rest that is on the ground up onto his mule. "I will walk so that our food can be spared. I do not understand why people thought Thebes was so important to good look at when we have a mission. That is sidetracking us from our goal of the Oracle. I will head that way as soon as everyone has had a chance to rest. I hope the rest of you decide to come with me."
He walks his loaded mule back to the other mules and then steps a little ways from the camp. Kneeling he speaks to Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. 'I understand that we need to go to the Oracle and learn what we may. I understand that us mortals are hard headed and tough to control. I do wonder how this group will come together or fall apart. I hope for all of our group to be safe and that we do come together before we all fail. Grant me the wisdom to find a way to help us all come together.'

25th Sep, 2017 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

The light bearer says...

Photokles's eyes return to normal, "Very well, soldier, you may keep my spear and mule here, but I insist on retaining my shield and pack. You may even look through it first if you're so inclined, but you will find nothing more than a priest's personal affects." The Rhodian dismounts his mule taking care to not make any sudden movements, but also not looking as if he's afraid of the men surrounding him.

The priest turns back to the one speaking, "Now then, soldier, I follow your lead. May I know your name?"

Out of Character:
Photokles will do an insight check on the man's responses during their short conversation to get a better read of whether they appear to be just frightened and are trying to appear brave or if they might be honestly undaunted regardless of what seemingly befell them today.

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 25th Sep, 2017 - 2:40pm

Photokles Results:
  • Insight on D20 (+7): 18 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 38

"This close to the city, with troops about, we should expect company soon. Stay calm and don't wield any weapons and we should be able to talk to them." Manos looks over his shoulder to the back of the wagon. "If a conflict does occur stay behind me, I'll guard you."

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

The leader of the group replies to Photokles, "My name is Hippolytos. You may not keep your shield but you may keep your back pack after I have a look through it. If you like, you may leave everything on top of your shield. I will place a guard here on it and you will find it just as you left it."

After a very few minutes Manos and Keitha hear someone yell, "You there, who are you and what are you doing here? There is danger about. We need to get you to safety old man." Soldiers start to file around on both sides of the wagon. The leader grabs hold of the mule's bridle and turns to lead you towards Thebes.

For the main group nothing much happens… yet.

Out of Character: Photokles notes that the leader is quite undaunted but the soldiers appear frightened.


 
> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.