Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 39 of 49

Elymas sits up and grimaces at the mess made - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Sep, 2017 - 2:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 49 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (49) »
Posts: 390 - Views: 16429
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 39

He allows the soldiers to lead the horses. "My name is Manos; we are seeking a friend that passed this way ahead of us. He is a priest of Helios; I am a wagonsmith that is travelling with him and our young friend Keitha here." He says, motioning towards her.

"We saw the smoke and flames from miles away and came to aid as best we can. He went ahead, his skills being the most needed, while we traveled behind with the wagon."

He smiles, as best as his worn face can, and says; "When we reach the city; I'm sure word of our friend will already abound. We greatly appreciate your protection."

Attached Image Edited: Robertreaper on 26th Sep, 2017 - 4:38am

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2017 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The light bearer says...

Photokles hesitates momentarily, "You would deny a solitary priest the emblem of his god, even one who has laid down his spear? So be it! But I would caution to extend your demands any further to one who journeys on belhalf of the gods especially here, the birthplace of the great Heracles, founder of my birthplace, Rhodes!" He then straps his shield securely to the mule. Slightly annoyed by the welcome he's received thus far, "Now, if you please, I'd like to get on with whatever formalities you would have me participate in so that I may get to my real mission." The priest of Helios quips as he motions to the guard to lead on.

Out of Character:
Not trying to persuade or intimidate, but I figured I'd just go ahead and roll just in case you wanted it. If not, ignore them. Again, it wasn't my real intention.

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 26th Sep, 2017 - 1:20pm

Photokles Results:
  • Persuade/ Intimidate on D20 (-1): 7 (1 roll)


26th Sep, 2017 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Servant of Dreams says...

She kept quiet, not answering that question of why she had come in part because Keitha thought she had already given such an answer. There was nothing except a sigh from her, as the two travelled until making it to the city of Thebes to find their companion.

With nothing but her staff and the clothes on her back, placing down everything else down, Keitha will step forward to offering a smile she had been taught could melt a man's heart if done correctly, before saying, "Please, we mean no harm. Either I nor Manos, yet instead we simply wished to check on the condition the city of Thebes after the attack." She considers the priest of Helios for a moment before turning back to the others.

Continuing, she will say, "We are humble travelers making our way to Delphi when we saw the attack, even interceding to help fight off the creatures. If not for the fact that one of our own went ahead to the city for us to follow, concerned in how Thebes had fared, we would be continuing on our journey." Keitha hopes this will at least help alleviate some of the suspicion.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Sep, 2017 - 7:50pm

Keitha Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+6): 25 (1 roll)


Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Page 39 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Out of Character: Keitha had a great roll and certainly will melt men's hearts, but she is nowhere near Photokles. This is a different group of soldiers. Photokles is too far to hear or see what is happening with him. I'll give you some time to mod Keitha's actions or just assume she didn't mention Photokles.

26th Sep, 2017 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Servant of Dreams says...

Out of Character: I edited out Keitha calling him by name, yet let a brief mention that she and Manos had come in part following another to Thebes. Hopefully that would do in clearing up my mistake in Thinking that the soldiers were the same group with Photokles.



Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

Hippolytos does a cursory inspection of Photokles' backpack and then hands it back to him. As he promised, he orders two of his men to stand guard over Photokles' equipment. Then, he leads Photokles into the city. Photokles can see the damage done to the walls of the city, there are burn scars visible and he can make out a tower largely destroyed at one corner of the city.

Inside, the streets are largely silent at this time, most people either asleep, or pretending to be. Dust rises off of the street, visible now as the moon sheds her pale light. Those not asleep are soldiers moving around the city to ensure there are no weak spots in her defense or carpenters with mules carrying wood to go you not where.

Hippolytos takes Photokles to a building and goes inside with him. There is a table with some wine, cheese, and bread. A bucket with water and a ladle sits at the end. A few rough chairs surround the table. There are two small window ports and a door in the back. Once inside, Hippolytos bids Photokles to take a seat. Two soldiers enter the room as well and post themselves as guards to the left and right of the door. Photokles can hear the rest of the soldiers outside.

Hippolytos looks at Photokles and smiles grimly, "Enough with the lies now. Who are you and why are you hear? Did Athens send you to see what damage was done so they can attack us in our hour of weakness. I wouldn't be surprised if those boy loving Athenians aren't behind all of these strange things going on. Sparta should have razed the city to the ground and taken them all as slaves." He shakes his head then notices Photokles still there. "You had best tell me the truth, I sent two of my men for one who will get the truth out of you." Then he sits back and waits, looking at Photokles intensely.

Keitha and Manos talk to the soldiers and the soldiers seem friendly and protective. They listen to Manos and although they see a gruff exterior, they hear wisdom in his voice. "None have passed this way," the leader says. "But there are many paths into Thebes. He may have taken another. Once we get you to safety in Thebes you can begin your search for him. But I caution you, this search won't be easy, Thebes has many thousand people in it."

When the leader there sees Keitha he is taken by her beauty and words. "Lady, we would not hurt you. I am Kallikrates, the leader of this group of misfits and rogues." One laughs and says, "Aye, and he is the lead rogue, watch your jewelry and even the wheels on your cart or he'll have them all." The group of soldiers laugh and Kallikrates laughs too. "They show no respect this lot. I note your accent is not from here. Are you Macedonian? A group from Macedon and Thrace rode through here a day ago, prior to the attack. They spoke of coming from the Grand Council Sparta held. Have you news of elsewhere? Are attacks like this happening anywhere else? Perhaps you or your father have news?" At the word father he points to Manos.

The third shift of the main group starts with little trouble. Arcad is fast asleep and waking Tellias proves to be a nearly impossible task. But eventually he wakes. Niklaus stays vigilant and he hears something coming from inside the camp as he makes a round of their perimeter. He calls to Tellias and runs back in and there he sees Arcad in the tree, tying to shimmy out to where the food is hanging. With a snap, the branch breaks and Arcad and foodstuff are spilled to the ground. Arcad roars, then seeing all the food starts engorging himself. Luckily, Niklaus and Tellias were there to collect the food and keep Arcad from eating some. Although Arcad got to some and some is ruined from the fall and the dirt. Still, half the food is still edible.

Arcad's fall wakes up everyone a little more than halfway through the last shift.

Out of Character: A [Critical Hit] fail and a [Critical Hit] success were just perfect. So, thanks to Niklaus' fast thinking and great perception some of the food was saved. It must be Christmas or something…Two good rolls by Keitha and Manos and these soldiers are eating out of their hands.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 27th Sep, 2017 - 4:13am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 39

Niklaus sighs out loud. "Arcad, you are incorrigible! I will have to write you your own ballad at some point." He glances at Briadia who is just getting up in response to the crashing. "I suppose it is good you are a keen hunter. You can help replenish our supplies. If there's anything I can do to help, do not hesitate to let me know." He smiles gently, obviously somewhat amused at the situation.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2017 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

Elymas sits up and grimaces at the mess made by Arcad. "It was inevitable I suppose."

Walking to the edge of the camp, he tests the bowstring of the strange weapon recovered from the enemy that he had spent time studying. Calling out to the others, he states, "Hekate has spoken to me, she has revealed the secrets of these items."

Arm shaking slightly with the effort, Elymas draws back the bow without knocking an arrow, he smiles as a shaft of light appears and grows in between his hands. Loosing the string, the arrow of light flies off with remarkable speed. It also missed the tree he had targeted by a few dozen paces, but he is not so concerned about that. "It is a magnificent weapon, though not one suited to my own skills. Someone skilled with a bow should wield it."

Holding up the ring he states, "This is no less remarkable in its own way. A mage can store spells within. The bearer, who need not be a mage himself, can later use the ring to release the spells to fulfill its intended purpose when they are needed. This will require some planning to find the best use and the best bearer for it, I can see an argument for any member of our group wearing it. Once that is settled however, the right spell stored for the right moment could be of great benefit."

"There is one minor catch, whoever is using either of these items must spend time with them first, let their magic become accustomed to their soul, and the reverse as well, before they can be used properly. An hour or two should do I think. This means that we cannot exchange them among ourselves quite as easily as we could simple weapons."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 27th Sep, 2017 - 2:51am


 
> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.